Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:36:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: minershare.net  (Read 1075 times)
Poi50n (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:26:21 PM

so i am rather new to bitcoin. I heard about it two months ago and have been trying to get involved ever since (its a little more difficult being a college kid). After wasting 60 on an  antminer u1 i realized that it was to late for me to do any mining of my computer and i would need to try and get in on the 20 nm transition by cloud mining. i am pretty sure it was on this forum,but i someone was talking about cloud mining at $4 gh/s. That was the cheapest i had seen so i figured i would look into it. the site looked really legit and the response from the customer service was fast and helpful. so i thought a $240 investment wouldn't be a bad idea. so a few weeks ago i purchased 60 gh/s and have anxiously been waiting for their feb 15th launch. well here it is the 16th. minershare.net the website is down, and they aren't responding to my emails. could this be because they are setting up their rigs and it is taking longer than expected, or do you guys think i just get scammed.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Shatas91

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:23:00 PM

Hi,

I am on a more or less similar situation(bought 1share/30ghs), and signs show that this was well put(aestheticly) scam Smiley
From what I read that 15th feb mining rig delivery is not even possible, and their site is down...

Hope for the best though Smiley

danbit

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:59:37 PM

Their Twitter page hasn't been updated since 1st of Feb. https://twitter.com/MINERSHARE

There's some details here on the domain registry, but they could be false:
http://whois.net/whois/minershare.net

You can attempt to contact, or report them via http://privacyprotect.org/#contact_domain_owner
Poi50n (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:15:10 PM

Thanks for the advice, i have reported them, we'll see if anything happens now. Had to learn the hard way, at least it wasnt that much.
michaelhampton2

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:42:19 AM

i think we got scammed. Sad
asianboy

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:22:49 AM

Me too i have been waiting and WAITING ...... Huh Angry
Poi50n (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:01:37 PM

yeah as much as i dont want to except it i am pretty sure we did Sad. well does anyone know of another site that wont scam you that has decent prices per gh?
Group Bitcoin

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

Cloud Mining & Colocation

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 05:29:44 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 07:09:19 PM by Group Bitcoin

yeah as much as i dont want to except it i am pretty sure we did Sad. well does anyone know of another site that wont scam you that has decent prices per gh?

Some of the Big warning signs include:

Companies accepting Bitcoin as their only payment method. They're generally either unwilling to disclose account information or don't have one as this makes it easier for the authorities to catch up with them.

Websites that demand unreasonably fast payment for example Bitcominers rushed people into panic paying within 3 hours to get such a cheap deal.

No phone number isn't a great sign and if they have one call them!

Even ask to meet in person, if you're in the same country and they're genuine it shouldn't be a problem

Also check the going rate for their product, if it's way too cheap this should ring alarm bells and warrant further investigation prior to purchase. Start small! If they're new and untested don't send your life savings, start with the smallest option to reduce the capital at risk.

Most importantly research before you buy! We see countless posts on the forums of people finding a thread about a known scam after they've purchased...

Ultimately this is the dawn of crypto currencies with people scrambling to get in before wider mainstream adoption as a way of storing wealth, sending money cheaply worldwide or buying goods online. Some unsavory characters will attempt to take advantage of this crypto gold rush which will inevitably harm it's longer term potential!

To quote the old adage 'If it looks too good to be true, it probably is...'

I've seen tonnes of these scams recently they normal use the same library picture of a data center with blue sever cabinets.

This site is very useful to search for the known scams http://bitcoinscammers.com/

If a website claims to be a 'Limited company' don't just take their word for it, check with companies house in the UK http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

I removed a link to our site as it might be considered spammy

danbit

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:49:29 PM

Big warning signs include but are not limited to:

Companies accepting Bitcoin as their only payment method. They're generally either unwilling to disclose account information or don't have one as this makes it easier for the authorities to catch up with them.

Websites that demand unreasonably fast payment for example Bitcominers rushed people into panic paying within 3 hours to get such a cheap deal.

No phone number isn't a great sign and if they have one call them!

Even ask to meet in person, if you're in the same country and they're genuine it shouldn't be a problem

Also check the going rate for their product, if it's way too cheap this should ring alarm bells and warrant further investigation prior to purchase. Start small! If they're new and untested don't send your life savings, start with the smallest option to reduce the capital at risk.

Most importantly research before you buy! We see countless posts on the forums of people finding a thread about a known scam after they've purchased...

Ultimately this is the dawn of crypto currencies with people scrambling to get in before wider mainstream adoption as a way of storing wealth, sending money cheaply worldwide or buying goods online. Some unsavory characters will attempt to take advantage of this crypto gold rush which will inevitably harm it's longer term potential!

To quote the old adage 'If it looks too good to be true, it probably is...'

I've seen tonnes of these scams recently they normal use the same library picture of a data center with blue sever cabinets.

This site is very useful to search for the known scams http://bitcoinscammers.com/

If a website claims to be a 'Limited company' don't just take their word for it, check with companies house in the UK http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

We're genuine groupbitcoin.com if you're still interested in cloud mining

You are just spamming this thread with your own self-promotional crap.
Group Bitcoin

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

Cloud Mining & Colocation

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 06:57:48 PM

[/quote]

You are just spamming this thread with your own self-promotional crap.
[/quote]

hmmm not really just some advice on avoiding the scams I've seen, and the guy asked if there's any genuine companies...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: