Bitcoin Forum
July 26, 2024, 05:41:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First annual crypto-currency awards! Featuring host 'Baroness' Yurizhai Krayt~!  (Read 4729 times)
Nano Fiber

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:06:15 PM

This was a fun read, looking forward to next year's awards Tongue
t3a

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:46:00 PM

With regard the algos, i'm not sure what you say is correct. The guy who was working on the GPU miner said that he could get it efficient on some of the algos but not all. I'm not sure why it would be easier for it to go straight to asic over a single algo?  why will asics find it any easier to hash multiple algos over single ones? i see what you mean that if asics came out and there were no gpu mining then it would be easier for a 51% attack, but i don't see how jumping gpu altogether is going to happen.
ASICs would find it slightly more difficult for multiple algorithms, but it's not about how hard it is, it's about how much more powerful an ASIC will be. GPU mining is difficult for some of these algorithms, so the network won't be as protected from 51% attacks by the GPUs.

"Looking at cryptsy, it has had a volume of 2 million in the time it has existed."

where are you getting this from?  i have seen dumps of 500k or more in one trade and 200k dumps multiple times, this is all in one day?  . Some on this forum bought 600,000  on ebay for £400. Most orders that are going through all day every day are for multiple 1000's. It can not be true the total volume is 2 million traded ever. Someone said they did 4million dollars volume in one day on QRK, that is 16million QRK in a day. Where are you reading this?  
My mistake, I was looking at the top day volume.

Anyway i know you have chosen to believe QRK is in the hands of a few. However the top 100 wallets show it is as distributed or as near distributed as PPC LTC and NMC. I have sat there glued to cryptsy for days on end and orders for 1000's are happening every few seconds. It is impossible that 2M volume is the total. I would think that would be per day and much more. Some say the big wallet owners have spread it to different wallets but again you could say this about any coin, also go on cryptsy next time the price rockets up or dives you will see huge buying and dumping, i mean massive orders. The 500k QRK at 11000 or 1000 looked like a fake wall, but it actually got eaten up. He lost a fortune there, it has more than doubled since then. 
You can't determine how much money to richest people have by looking at the top wallets. You can own more than one wallet

Ultimately I believe there has to be a purpose for a coins existence, some advantage over all the other coins that exist. Right now it is just used for speculation. The reason Bitcoin has a high price is because people see value in it as a currency, people are right now buying millions of dollars of goods and services with it, and in the future they will buy even more. What advantage as a currency does Quark have? I don't see any, which is why I believe the reason it has a high price is because speculators are betting on other speculators buying it.

Advertise here for 10btc/day
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:43:57 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 12:25:42 PM by Netnox

lol Quark is better ditrsibuted than PPC, 64% of PPC is in top 100 wallets, while Quark has 59% only after 5 months. Nice FUD op
landomata
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 12:09:20 PM

Grin

+10

Great read!

thejepper

Activity: 182
Merit: 100