Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:54:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interest in private exchange?  (Read 599 times)
scarthan (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:27:29 AM

So I've lost some crypto on a TAG pool crashing, Cryptsy glitching out on sell orders and I've been kicking around the idea of opening a private exchange. It would be run solely by myself and invite only. I don't want the massive micro transactions and user volumes that cripple current exchanges, I just want my own place to trade with insanely secure and obfuscated transactions with absolute commits and checks so that I can't see that I bought 100 coins on Cryptsy but can somehow still see that I have way less. Wondering if anybody else would like a site focused only on security and trading, no charts, chats, or bugs?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:49:04 AM

How many users would you intend to have? Sounds like you just want a small group. But a small group would have issues completing orders.
drewster

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:58:46 AM

So I've lost some crypto on a TAG pool crashing, Cryptsy glitching out on sell orders and I've been kicking around the idea of opening a private exchange. It would be run solely by myself and invite only. I don't want the massive micro transactions and user volumes that cripple current exchanges, I just want my own place to trade with insanely secure and obfuscated transactions with absolute commits and checks so that I can't see that I bought 100 coins on Cryptsy but can somehow still see that I have way less. Wondering if anybody else would like a site focused only on security and trading, no charts, chats, or bugs?

If you're looking at bitcoin, you can trade locally with people in person -- localbitcoins.com pretty decent.
For just general use, coinbase is ok, but your first couple transactions will definitely take some TIME.  My first buy with them was Dec 4 (buying BTC, selling USD).  Took until this evening to receive BTC, fyi.

BTC: 1CvoqpVjmy7ByCqqkxYqGXuB17wrgR2VKf
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things.  Hey.  The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant."
scarthan (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:18:04 PM

How many users would you intend to have? Sounds like you just want a small group. But a small group would have issues completing orders.

About a thousand but it is still tentative, I could do more if it proved to be an issue but I'm considering setting some hard prerequisites.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: