Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2019, 08:52:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Bitcoin Gifts  (Read 514 times)
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1436
Merit: 1005

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 04:27:17 AM

I've gotten a few random Bitcoin payments over the past few months I wasn't expecting...I heard that this was going around the community and no one was sure who was doing it or why.

Anyhow, it got me thinking. I'm a physician, a radiology resident (see my npi in my old posts). There are several physicans that work where I'm in training that helped found a hospital in west Africa. They just installed an X-Ray machine and they don't have an ultrasound scanner.

Getting the hospital set up on the internet and getting a PACS (radiology image sharing) network installed could really be useful (volunteer radiologists could read cases remotely). Ultrasound would have a huge impact on patient care and they're not incredibly expensive ($20k ish).  With a reliable internet connection, getting the hospital set up to accept donations in bitcoin wouldn't be a huge stretch (the hospital is aimed to become self sustaining/self funding).

Has anyone done something like this? I think it would be cool to show in a real way how Bitcoin can change and save lives. Pipe dream or do-able? How do I bridge the gap between the real world and digital currency gently (without sounding like a crook or used car salesman)?

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Creating a Bitcoin client that fully implements the network protocol is extremely difficult. Bitcoin Core and some of its derivatives are the only known safe implementations of full nodes. Some other projects attempt to compete, but it is not recommended to use such software for anything serious. (Lightweight clients like Electrum and Bither are OK.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
BitcoinSteve

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:43:17 AM

not sure but sounds good, merry Christmas!

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1045

https://keybase.io/bitpop

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 09:32:21 AM

I could help with the networking

Reputation  |  PGP  |  Ethereum Classic
Bitcoin: 3DSh6AnmvBpDJFUz2mnLirMLmTMcFs9nDm