Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:18:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tipping bartenders and waiters etc with mBTC  (Read 3181 times)
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:01:08 AM

My gf is a waitress and in school, and if someone tipped her in bitcoins i would be furious, she has no way to use that. Its bullshit you try and push what you use on other people, forcibly. It's no different than going to another country and forcing them to take your currency and not use the local currency. Its a bunch of crap. If you can pay for the meal in fiat, pay for the service in it. Don't leave someone hanging on bitcoin because you think you're clever, you are only fucking them over. People pay for their lives in fiat, her university sure is hell not going to take bitcoin, nor should she or anyone else without their chosing. They dont need some shit they cant use making it more complex. Use legal tender.

it's a tip, it's free money, be happy about it.

also, there are schools that do in fact accept bitcoin asa tution fee, your argument is invalid. (also, her WAGES should cover her expenses, not her TIPS)

Most waiter's / waitress' gets paid bellow min wage and their tips are used to compensate. Unless they work in one of those fancy restaurants where you pay 40 dollars for a salad, this is most likely the case.

Well who's fault is this? The customer, the restaurant owner, or the one accepting a job with less than minimum wage?
jones31

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:42:24 AM

"My gf is a waitress and in school, and if someone tipped her in bitcoins i would be furious, she has no way to use that."

The fact that they can't easily spend it is an advantage imo. Also, one of them is studying economics. If the price/value does keep rising, they'll be really happy. I offered to take back the coins anytime in exchange for USD. I advised them to read up about it and hang a "we accept bitcoins as tips" sign. I also made sure to tell them this thing could crash and burn. I think I was being fairly responsible but it's probably risky sending bitcoins to anyone after a few beers. Smiley

Common , lets not see advantages in every aspect of bitcoin.
Most waitress work for the minimum wage and they badly need those money that they receive as tips.
And now , you are asking those guys and girls to wait till they get around 100$ in tips then search for somebody on localbitcoins that is willing to exchange them , at a rate that is obvious much lower..
BAD IDEA.
If you want to tip them in mbtc , send them as an extra tip.
Don't force people to embrace your ideas. That's not what bitcoin was suppose to be.
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:46:28 AM

My gf is a waitress and in school, and if someone tipped her in bitcoins i would be furious, she has no way to use that. Its bullshit you try and push what you use on other people, forcibly. It's no different than going to another country and forcing them to take your currency and not use the local currency. Its a bunch of crap. If you can pay for the meal in fiat, pay for the service in it. Don't leave someone hanging on bitcoin because you think you're clever, you are only fucking them over. People pay for their lives in fiat, her university sure is hell not going to take bitcoin, nor should she or anyone else without their chosing. They dont need some shit they cant use making it more complex. Use legal tender.

it's a tip, it's free money, be happy about it.

also, there are schools that do in fact accept bitcoin asa tution fee, your argument is invalid. (also, her WAGES should cover her expenses, not her TIPS)

Most waiter's / waitress' gets paid bellow min wage and their tips are used to compensate. Unless they work in one of those fancy restaurants where you pay 40 dollars for a salad, this is most likely the case.

Well who's fault is this? The customer, the restaurant owner, or the one accepting a job with less than minimum wage?

yeah, i think that's the american system.. whether we get good service or bad, we are expected to tip our server.. i think it was an idea by the restaurants to create these rules so they can nickle and dime their employees. fuck them.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 03:48:48 AM

Yep.

My $.02.

Smiley

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: