Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:49:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A cryptocurrency with volatility can't be used as money  (Read 34002 times)
Glok17

Activity: 319
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:48:22 AM

I don't think that you are right because cryptocurrencies are already used as money and the process is developing successfully. Of course, if volatility will lessen it will be better, but it is already a decent system.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bosx1ne

Activity: 540

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:09:43 AM

I'm just reading an article in the newspaper. Klaus W. Wellershoff (a last chief in UBS Bank) says that's impossible to use a currency with volatility as money. If the value of the money decrease, that means the value of the merchandise decrease. For example : if you buy a flat with bitcoin and few years later the bitcoin value decrease... Your flat lose his value as well.

What do you think about this argument?
You are wrong! The bitcoin is too volatile and it can still be use as a money. Even the price of bitcoin is unstable, its users is continuing to use it because it is user friendly and it is convenient. 

Elseye

Activity: 378

ApolloX

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:17:02 AM

Well, while you state that crypto is already extremely used all over the world and in many factors it is way more convenient than traditional money.

sidodadii

Activity: 597
Merit: 250

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:34:58 AM

but cryptocurrent can be use for transaction. cryptocurrent need fiat to be their price's reference, it make 'how much you need to pay' for some stuff that you take.
but, if some country make cryptocurrent for theirself, than decide the value like their fiat it is possible. but it just allow in their country, if they want to make transaction across the world, they need to adjust with dollar or the other currency.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
kniheant2

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:59:10 AM

right,it is true that the current crypto currency can not be used as well as paper money in general. because I think in addition to its volality of crypto currency of course the price fluctuations are never stable. so obviously it would be very difficult to make currency for the transaction.
Kusnechik

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:02:18 PM

Volatility can actually become a stumbling block for approval by SEC of the decision on Bitcoin's ETF.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
deloreswest

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:23:04 PM

I'm just reading an article in the newspaper. Klaus W. Wellershoff (a last chief in UBS Bank) says that's impossible to use a currency with volatility as money. If the value of the money decrease, that means the value of the merchandise decrease. For example : if you buy a flat with bitcoin and few years later the bitcoin value decrease... Your flat lose his value as well.

I do agree but pundi x could make it a bit simple. Merchants who got paid with bitcoin will able to convert it immediately into fiat on current price, i think it do help merchants to accept crypto but still i do agree its too volatile and for me i would not want to buy something with my bitcoin when i still think the price will increasing.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
fauzan Ichsan

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 12:25:16 PM

but cryptocurrent can be use for transaction. cryptocurrent need fiat to be their price's reference, it make 'how much you need to pay' for some stuff that you take.
but, if some country make cryptocurrent for theirself, than decide the value like their fiat it is possible. but it just allow in their country, if they want to make transaction across the world, they need to adjust with dollar or the other currency.
i think for now bitcoin is only an additional facility for transactions. fiat currency cannot be replaced. besides that it takes a long journey to be accepted by all countries

microwave

Activity: 191

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:21:18 PM

That's funny, a lot of people still didn't know how different crypto was compared to normal money. First of all a lot of discrepancies will apparently arise when you compare two different things. This isn't an issue anymore. However, still a lot of people are acting like they are new here in crypto world. Lastly, even though bitcoin and those alts  aren't effective as a normal money there are a lot of benefits are being present to them that will surely make our life different from our traditional practices.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:40:12 PM

i think for now bitcoin is only an additional facility for transactions. fiat currency cannot be replaced. besides that it takes a long journey to be accepted by all countries

It's not time yet. And this market still has a long way to go so saying it can't be used as money is judging it a bit too early. Of course we have to consider the volatility of it that makes it hard to use same way as fiat but it has features that make transactions a lot easier and people are looking at it more as an investment or an asset.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Soneo

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:17:44 PM

I think a cryptocurrency with volatily can still be used as money since it has a value which can be traded or to buy a product.

I think if you buy goods with bitcoin and whenever the price of bitcoin goes down, items purchased with bitcoin will not go down. simple, the price of goods or fiat does not depend on the price of bitcoin itself.
actually I'm not too familiar with your question, man! we all know that the value of bitcoin is designed to fluctuate
vachellie

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:46:31 PM

Yes, people will thinking twice to buy something if they know their currency will increase in future or maybe decrease, one party will get a loss if their currency volatile.
Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:25:53 PM

It is true, the current condition of high volatility in the cryptocurrency market makes them very little useful as a store of value or as currencies. Personally, I have only been using bitcoin as a means of payment, since from my personal experience it fulfills that function quite efficiently, compared to more conventional methods such as PayPal or Skrill.

However, I do not believe that the current condition of volatility will last forever, and as the market grows and matures, it will be gradually difficult to see the current high volatility scenarios, with bitcoin tending to behave like fiat currencies in the long run.
Burogh

Activity: 644

COVIR.IO

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 12:23:49 AM

Are you pertaining to the inflation rate where the purchasing power of money decreases over time?. Example is that when you have a dollar you can buy a lot but now its just the same value of a candy. This is different from cryptocurrency's volatility. Its half investment either so its normal to fluctuate.

Some peoples hiding the fact that inflation always decrease our money value. Inflation always happen on fiat because central banks always print money to boost economic growth but fiat money always losing purchasing power

Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 02:22:53 AM

Is there any cryptocurrency without volatility? Every cryptocurrency in the market fluctuate up and down and they all can be manipulated. I don’t know why people are fond of saying this in a way that Bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency we have that is volatile, they never mention other ones like Bitcoin Cash that is also very volatile, including Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple and all of them out there all volatile.

The guy who left this post here was interested in something different. He asked if Bitcoin, being so volatile, could be used as the money. My answer is no but it is the coolest currency to work with it online and earn on it.
Nope, I think if bitcoin can't be used as a currency, why are there many merchants who have used bitcoin as a payment option? isn't that a function of currency? they have a system where bitcoin will be converted to fiat so that fluctuations will no longer apply for them..
Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 04:06:40 AM

Are you pertaining to the inflation rate where the purchasing power of money decreases over time?. Example is that when you have a dollar you can buy a lot but now its just the same value of a candy. This is different from cryptocurrency's volatility. Its half investment either so its normal to fluctuate.

Some peoples hiding the fact that inflation always decrease our money value. Inflation always happen on fiat because central banks always print money to boost economic growth but fiat money always losing purchasing power

It was normal for inflation to happen since cryptocurrency is increasing its demand in the market and that is the reason why you should invest a huge amount today, in order to earn more profit in the future.

Kakawate

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 04:18:51 AM

In my opinion, the issue about cryptocurrency being volatile is only because it is not being used as the worlds currency like our  current fiat system today, once cryptocurrency is the one being used as our worlds currency then I believe this issue about cryptocurrencies being volatile will be gone.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Caotodoxunir

Activity: 65

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:30:31 AM

If fiat would have been like this then I am pretty sure that economy of the whole world could have collapsed in matte of seconds. I mean fluctuations can cause the prices of stuff around us go crazy, we would have never put a price tag on the candy bar as we would not know whats the value of same currency next day with which we gonna buy it. Dont you think that this is the case.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1704

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2018, 01:46:53 PM

If fiat would have been like this then I am pretty sure that economy of the whole world could have collapsed in matte of seconds. I mean fluctuations can cause the prices of stuff around us go crazy, we would have never put a price tag on the candy bar as we would not know whats the value of same currency next day with which we gonna buy it. Dont you think that this is the case.

Once bitcoin reaches or almost reaches the cap and mining no longer makes sense in a profit sense, I think the volatility will either die down completely or almost completely... After that point, bitcoin will go up or down in linear fashions long term.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Gogosialver

Activity: 71

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:11:50 AM

Price has to be stable if governments who is the major player can adopt cryptocurrencies.  Many people have said good things about cryptocurrencies but the reason why they could not used it is because of the volatility.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: