Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:40:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Minecraft Server  (Read 6483 times)
RchGrav

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2011, 03:05:10 PM

Heh, I can offer hosting for your server for probably cheaper than most places, and since I'm not very active on my server I'd be more than happy to endorse yours.

Hi TheKid,

Currently I'm hosting it off of the Comcast Backbone w/ 2 connections, one is a more modern Docsis 3 connection, the second is a Docsis 1.1... in total there is about 7Mb Up and 28Mb down..

I let people connect on the main host name, which is slower, and some players get to know the other faster address...

I'm running it on an i7-950 w/ 12GB w/ Enterprise SSD & RAID 10 hdd's (with hotspare), mysql, ubuntu 10.10, apache, perl, python, and a bunch of other things I have put in there over time related to the minecraft server.

As its a pretty sophisticated setup it would be a little tricky to reconfigure, but still I kinda want to ask what would it cost me, as right now it is piggy backing off of my existing internet services I use.

I would probably consider it down the road if it could perform as well as it does on your host as it is here...  My concern would be having the resources to do it right, as a minecraft server is pretty resource intensive.

I know at some point I may get annoyed at my bandwidth being consumed as it is.  I dont really make any money with it, so cost is a factor of course. But I may keep it in mind as an option for other things, or this.

Send me some details.

Thanks,

Rich

4C 6F 6E 67  4C 69 76 65  42 69 74 63 6F 69 6E
Qba'g lbh unir nalguvat orggre gb qb?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
f3ndot

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2011, 07:35:03 PM

I presently run F3NDOT University Free-Build Minecraft Server which is free to use however you get access to convenient commands and recognized status if you donate. We just started accepting Bitcoins for donations.

We require that you're part of a post-secondary institution but if you don't have a .edu email address, email me directly from the forum and I'll add you guys in!

Presently 50-slot.

Our live map: http://minecraft.justinbull.ca:8123/
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 03:46:44 PM

I've got the server and the knowledge - I only need you guys.

If you're still interested, let me know! I've created a thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37282.0
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: