Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:28:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any coin that replaces Bitcoin will use the Bitcoin blockchain.  (Read 1934 times)
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:21:06 AM

That is nothing new sorry (I commend you for coming up with it on your own though).  It has been a long standing contingency since the inception of bitcoin that allows you to do exactly that.

The idea is that if a SHA256 vulnerability if found (doubtful) or quantum computers or even super intelligent aliens arrive that can hash in their head breaking bitcoin security, we can just swap out the engine and keep going.  Litecoin is an example of an engine swap (SCRYPT) among other things.

Neil

If a SHA256 vulnerability is found the coming months / years , I doubt bitcoin will be our biggest problem.

True ! Tongue
I came here to say this, but it was already said.. Although I'm going to say it anyway because I'm so badass..

If a SHA256 vulnerability is found, I highly doubt that Bitcoin will be our biggest problem.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: