Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:01:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Australian Government having blockchain as part of the agenda  (Read 406 times)
kastara

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:48:59 PM

It is now very cool that the Australian government is willing to open itself to a technological development, especially digital technology that might be linked to the digital financial transformation of the State later on, until they set up a digital transformation institute focusing on investigating the development of blockchain technology until they launch $ 0.7 million this year until 2019, the institution is better established from 2015 and involves central government to help the government in handling digital transformation and oversee all government programs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pawitrawijaya

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:01:50 AM

This is what I expect to see from governments, I feel like moving to Australia now lol

https://www.ccn.com/australian-government-budget-injects-700000-for-blockchain-research/

I see blockchain as a good solution for government transparency and efficiency, unfortunately in countries like mine (Brazil) such investments won't be part of the agenda, I feel like I won't live to see that :/ 
Good news! I hope the government of Indonesia someday will be like that too.. Hopefully blockchain someday, can get the attention of the government in my country..
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:24:34 AM

its clear we are moving into the digital age and blockchain technology seems like the best road to get us there , im very excited when i see governments making statements such as this that promote and highlight the crypto world. Australia obviously sees the great potential that crypto currency has and what it can do for an economy once its managed properly.yet another day , yet another government trying to bring us into the new financial age.

harrypot

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:07:14 PM

Yes Australia invests money for doing research on block chain and they applied $700000 for this research so its good news also they are very conscious about future currency and they applied this. Because Bitcoin is profitable & everyone knows so it has a good future so Aussie govt. also thinking about this future digital currency because one day bitcoin may lead the market and people are investing money in here because of its benefits.
jamesmitchel018

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:44:42 PM

Blockchain market is the future of digiatl money transaction and payment system. Sooner or later, every developed countries have to adopt this system. Its really great to see the first being taken by Australia!
jakerfox

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:25:28 PM

Such a good decision man. Australian Government has Budget of $700,000 for Blockchain Research.what can be cooler then this man. wish all the government had this kinda positive vier towards cryptocurrency then our earth could become crypto heaven.  Smiley :)haha. very good initiative.
mikki14

Activity: 299

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:47:23 PM

Wow, a blockchain-powered solar energy project! Blockchain really has no limit. I really hope that more and more country, including mine, would appreciate and see the potential of blockchain technology and make their own researches on how to use it on their advantage and for the advancement of their countries.

Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:47:02 PM

This is what I expect to see from governments, I feel like moving to Australia now lol

https://www.ccn.com/australian-government-budget-injects-700000-for-blockchain-research/

I see blockchain as a good solution for government transparency and efficiency, unfortunately in countries like mine (Brazil) such investments won't be part of the agenda, I feel like I won't live to see that :/  
When we take into account the huge budgets that governments have at their disposal that amount of money is really small, so I really do not know what they can come up with with such a low budget, but I suppose that a small budget is better than no budget at all, let's see how they use that money and what kind of innovations if any they come up with.
Kayum10029

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:53:36 PM

very much happy news that Australian government allow bitcoin as blockchain agenda. it is a good for bitcoin and others coins.

thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:02:37 AM

This a good and bold step toward the right direction funding research and development into blockchain technology by the government shows that there are still some country who really still look about the advantages the blockchain technology can offer over the cons. however australia seems to have seen some benefit the blockchain technology might offer in term of development but I hope to see some other great country like United state and UK doing the same thing instead of trying to regulate it.
easybtcearn2017

Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 05:18:18 AM

This is a great news. I am really very glad that Australia has given such a big fund for bitcoin research. This shows that the world gradually becoming positive towards cryptocurrency and hope that like Australia other countries will also be able to understand the benefits of this digital currency and help in it's growth. The sun will shine brighter very soon.
darksanya

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 05:54:25 AM

it seems to me that the implementation of the blockchain will begin just from such countries as Australia, which exist separately. This country has not yet adopted the European mentality in terms of doing business. so it has a big chance to introduce a blockchain and jump into development for several years to come.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:16:41 AM

Australia has been a pretty positive country for crypto development in the recent years. However I really doubt that $700k is actually going to do much. Plus, all of these projects are most likely going to be centralized blockchains, not decentralized ones like bitcoin. So don't expect too much out of these projects as a result.

But at least they're not entirely discouraging crypto businesses to open up and exist in Australia. In fact, they are pretty supportive if you consider the regulations put out there.

A lot of countries are trying to drive crypto businesses or projects out of their country, which makes no sense for themselves.
harrypot

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:17:14 PM

This is really a great movement and revolutionary decision taken by Ausi Govt. Blockchain is becoming popular in order to assure transparency and more productivity. So I do support blockchain and hope countries will be modernized more by adopting blockchain.
chillitabit

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:35:18 PM

I love to see the articles like this, seeing the real open mindness by government officials, that is not so usual all around the world. Way to go Australia, more countries will hopefully follow Smiley
samarabtc

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:13:13 PM

This is a great news that Australian government thinking about blockchain. Recently there are many countries are supporting block chain and they accepting crypto currency for this reason crypto currencies demand also increasing.
Mr.Dick

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:26:32 PM

Finally countries move towards bitcoin in an undcondomned way.

snaper14

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:35:04 PM

this is how this countries are able to provide high standards to their citizens and become stable economically because they are open minded and seek for the newest updates.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1346

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:20:28 PM

Wow, a blockchain-powered solar energy project! Blockchain really has no limit. I really hope that more and more country, including mine, would appreciate and see the potential of blockchain technology and make their own researches on how to use it on their advantage and for the advancement of their countries.

That amount of money is still very small compared to other undertakings the government is financing and also compared to their total budget. They are spending 160 billion dollars on social security and welfare every year and that money comes mostly from taxes with the standard income tax being the largest contributor. So, in other words people are giving up 160 billion a year so that the government can give it to other people, who can't find a way to earn money themselves, and suddenly everyone is happy that they decided to spare 700k for blockchain research.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
buburjelly

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:26:49 PM

Australia is a country that is friendly to new technology even they are not hesitant to use the technology in their economic system because a country like Australia realizes that if against the technological development of a country will not be able to grow and may be declining because left behind by the state -a country that adopts a technology for the progress of its country.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: