Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:32:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Edison's Revenge on the Dollar (?) - WHAAAAT????  (Read 19175 times)
happygeorge (OP)

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

In da Jungle!

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:32:15 PM

http://pro.moneymappress.com/NVXBITCOIN1/ENVXPC11/

by Mike Ward

Edison's Revenge on the Dollar!

"A renegade currency is disrupting global economies, weakening the power of central banks, and transforming the financial destinies of people across the globe"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
happygeorge (OP)

In da Jungle!

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:34:34 PM

Thomas Edison's Renegade Currency = BITCOIN!  (?)

Please let me know what the heck this is all about?!?!?
tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:45:30 PM

it was his idea about decentralised currency but he was thinking about US dollar only.

Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:09:23 PM

Thomas Edison's Renegade Currency = BITCOIN!  (?)

It's an absolutely disgraceful and sickening pump video with some weird reference to Edison.
happygeorge (OP)

In da Jungle!

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:37:04 AM

I think in the vein of the "Bill Still"/quark "movement" this video will educate or better "entice" people to bitcoin who wouldn't normally find bitcoin worthwhile, simply because they would not have understood it.

I kept thinking, and I guess in the long-run, this is a good thing.  Books, DVD's and other real-world, hands-on stuff is needed to reach those who have a harder time grasping the "virtuality" of bitcoin.

I just hope they don't get burned in the process.  That's why I was wondering if anyone knows people who have bought into this infomercial, and got onboard through it.

I'm wondering about their level of (mis)guidedness after reading/learning through their program.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:22:30 PM

You can't deny, they must have had fun writing this Edison scenario!

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
mckmuze

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:51:05 PM

Its funny how they are selling a bitcoin trading tutorial and saying how many businesses are accepting it and they only accept credit cards for payment.
lol
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 12:54:57 AM

Thomas Edison's Renegade Currency = BITCOIN!  (?)

It's an absolutely disgraceful and sickening pump video with some weird reference to Edison.

yep.

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:01:16 PM

Just stumbled on the video last night.

More exposure is good, but they seem to be going a bit too far and including misrepresentations and half-truths.

One in particular that made me LOL was where they said that Bitcoin uses "quantum cryptography".

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 09:26:44 AM

They're just hijacking the Bitcoin name and trying to claim it has links to some kind of currency Edison tried to invent back when he was alive, they disabled the comments so people can't point out that it's a load of bullshit and people should ignore the video.

It's another classic case of some moron trying to imply his opinion as fact and then completely ignore anything going against it, move along people Cheesy
Prophet Daniel

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:36:32 PM

We need to see how much people are going to embrace bitcoin as consequence of this comercial. More important is how much they are going to invest and how.
This is the positive side I could see watching the full video.

What I don't like much is the ammount of sensationalism applied.
But maybe he is right about what he is saying.

The problem to me is this doesn't look well fundamented.
Somebody should get the ideas and make a documentary better discussed by a hall of economists and historians.
tomtom94

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:07:42 AM

I must reply to this thread : What misleading advertising it is.

I am from Paris, I am french, and I can confirm, on the spot, you can't ask your employer to pay you in bitcoins lol.

French are not freaky people, as the journalists intend to make see us. Cheers.
DailyCoinReport

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:40:56 AM

Wow my mom just sent me this email and I don't know what to think. I am amazed and very confused right now. Old school shady sells tactics, felt like wolf of wall street. SO MISLEADING, we don't need this kind of shit in the world we are creating with crypto. Selling videos ($50), even tho the end result is bitcoin.  WTF???    Huh
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:16:06 AM

It's an interesting video, but I cannot stand hearing him say "Edison's renegade currency" any more.

Gabi
Legendary

Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 03:43:17 PM

So edison is satoshi?

superdork

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:55:23 PM

Yeah, I saw that bullshit. I don't get how their weird fucking infomercial would actually generate any revenue, but maybe there are some people who would actually sit thru that long winded load of shit, if they are really dumb... and bored, and misinformed, gullible and looking to give money to some poorly presented weird ass shit, maybe.... or maybe it is just a steaming pile of shit, I personally gravitate towards the latter.

feel free to leave a tip in my daughter's college fund if you found my posts helpful 1HiCE3vX7yr7Yqy4yHf36x4w1cmSEsrTbM

(or if you just want some good karma!)
Singlebyte

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:04:53 AM

Don't you just love when people post stuff without following the guidelines. (No date in title!).  And then someone comes along a revives a post in this section that is 3 months old!
101Official

Activity: 32

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 02:02:17 PM

But does Bitcoin make a great Julienne Salad? That's what I'm waiting for in this video.
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:13:25 AM

I think it is bullish that they are starting "infomercial" type shows about Bitcoin. Having watched it for the sheer entertainment value (didn't quite finish but saw most of it) it appeared to be pumping some sort of "guide to Bitcoin" and perhaps should have been called "Bitcoin for Dummies!"  There is actually a market for this sort of thing.  Many people want to invest but need someone to literally hold their hand to help them do so.  Having told a few friends about it we had to walk them through each little step and it is so time consuming.  This could really open the door to a whole new investor that is not tech savvy.  Why not?  There are way worse things being sold on infomercials than Bitcoin investments!   Cheesy

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:00:26 AM

Don't you just love when people post stuff without following the guidelines. (No date in title!).  And then someone comes along a revives a post in this section that is 3 months old!

...and it's back again.  Cheesy

BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 10:58:44 AM

Thomas Edison ? Well he was famous for stealing other people ideas Wink

pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:22:35 PM

Nikola Tesla was the one that wanted free energy etc. for all people. Edison was businessman that wanted to make money.

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:56:48 PM

There was something on reddit about this yesterday so it was probably revived because of that.   I had never seen it.  It is pretty funny to watch really. Wink

happygeorge (OP)

In da Jungle!

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:30:59 PM

There was something on reddit about this yesterday so it was probably revived because of that.   I had never seen it.  It is pretty funny to watch really. Wink

Do you have a link?
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:37:48 PM

Do you have a link?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/21s26q/36_us_cities_in_20_states_abandon_the_dollar/

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: