Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:26:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Circle of trust extended  (Read 725 times)
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 10:43:06 AM

The circle of trust experiment seams to eventually succeed at some point or another (and maybe this bumper helps to make it sooner) but it also brought me to another idea. Many people have the guts feeling to have to trust this "bitcoin company" if they take my bitcoins so it's highly suspicious. How about producing a little video that features all the current clients with a 30s video each, mainly done by the developers of the respective clients featuring why they prefer their own client but with a bitcoin being handed from one to the next. Essentially I would imagine a screencast best with the person speaking visible in one corner, showing off their client:
So, Alice wants to send me one Bitcoin. I quickly go to instawallet, bookmark the site, send her the receiving address, and here, voila I receive my bitcoin.
So Bob wants to send me a bitcoin. As a miner I have my bitcoind running anyway, so I quickly type in "bitcoind getnewaddress" and send Bob the address. Sending Dave and Evelyn bitcoins is as easy as typing … Wink
So Cindy sent me bitcoins to my mtGox account. I can now …

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: