Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:15:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer  (Read 51486 times)
GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 06:27:11 PM

....+$2000 for a waterblock. ...

One waterblock for $ 2000 for one VCU1525 or suitable for rig up to 8 pcs? Photo?

I'm saying that he's paying $2000 more getting the bittware board just to get a waterblock.
[/quote

I’m not sure why we are bothering with water blocks and extreme cooling. We can get two smaller chips with fast interconnect easily cooled for the same or less price...
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dhino

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:27:43 PM

I want to buy 18 VCU1525. I am in US.

Bitrated user: dhinendra.
wzyefd

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:17:56 PM

Which mining software the FPGA using? ccminer?
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:39:33 PM

so what are the algo provided for now? all the available minus new one right? also this group buy or whatver is intended for european only or usa only? because there is customs to pay for us

I'm working on EU manuf to deal with the VAT issues. It's not going to be a problem for me to ship worldwide. I shipped a couple of FPGA boards recently internationally. The requirements weren't what I was expecting. But, for EU customers, I'd like to ship from the EU.

No algos are available yet. I believe whitefire will release his first one on 5/30. You'll have to check his thread.

Whoa, if you could ship from EU that would be awesome.
In that case, I would definitely purchase two.
Got a quote from digikey @ 3772€/unit (excluded VAT and shipping)
rem26

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 02:50:40 PM

Nobody even has anything working yet that is public.  You guys that are buying expensive boards and don't know how to design logic are taking a hell of a gamble.  These are not plug and play like a GPU.
Bittrboy

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:00:40 PM

Nobody even has anything working yet that is public.  You guys that are buying expensive boards and don't know how to design logic are taking a hell of a gamble.  These are not plug and play like a GPU.

Let people buy these boards.  When they realize they don't come with ccminer,claymore, and quake champions pack I'll take em.
R0land

Activity: 208
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:26:57 PM

New in UltraScale+ families is a larger capacity, flexible memory block called UltraRAM,
but the HBM memory can also be fast (20xDDR4).

I think using both, the UltraRAM and the right HBM (maybe for different algo´s) are the best.

Using the UltraRAM as a HBM cache is not a good idea, if you want to mine monero Cheesy .
mantium

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:45:01 PM

Present for 20 pieces. please contact me.
spidercatdog

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:14:13 PM

I would like to order qty of 8 VCU boards at price below Avnet EU list.
Also if you ahave a bitstream for sale please let me  know.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 12:36:56 AM

Aren't Ultrascale+ FPGAs export restricted because of their dual use potential ?
realaccountakira

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:54:14 AM

With concerns regarding VAT and all the importation fees, wouldn't it be simpler to just declare the item value of a GPU (less)? I believe item values within a certain range would not cause as much problems with customs both in terms of paperwork and fees.

Of course we should always operate within legal means but I was of the impression that declaring value is for insurance purpose. With regards to tax and vat, aren't you already paying for that when you actually buy it? It's like getting taxed twice by both the exporting and importing country.

If i am misinformed please feel free to correct me.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:09:20 AM

Aren't Ultrascale+ FPGAs export restricted because of their dual use potential ?

Yes, but it's not a problem. We will probably start off with just USA and Canada though.

With concerns regarding VAT and all the importation fees, wouldn't it be simpler to just declare the item value of a GPU (less)? I believe item values within a certain range would not cause as much problems with customs both in terms of paperwork and fees.

Of course we should always operate within legal means but I was of the impression that declaring value is for insurance purpose. With regards to tax and vat, aren't you already paying for that when you actually buy it? It's like getting taxed twice by both the exporting and importing country.

That's fraud

senseless (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:16:19 PM

Update:

The first batch of the board will be a total of 1500 units at a cost of $3995 per unit. We will be shipping to the USA and CA for the first batch. We will likely support EU & Worldwide (Limited) starting with our second batch of devices. Estimated shipping date will be August 2018. It's possible we will ship some units prior to this date but it's unlikely we will be able to get our complete chip order before the end of August 2018.

I have been speaking with community developers and there is interest in having a centralized platform / software they can release their bitstreams through. We have plans to release our own bitstreams (Lyra2z, Keccak, Myriad-Groestl, NIST5). Others in the community have an expressed an interest to release firmwares for Cryptonight, Keccak, and some of the more advanced algos (X16R, Timetravel-10, etc).

gameboy366

Activity: 252
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:46:01 PM

Custom officer are not idiot, they know all the tactics and this what their paid for. For small retail item it can be done otherwise they will just seize the whole shipment. Then you will have to pay heavy penalty too over the customs. They will also charge heavy price for storing those seized items.
Bittrboy

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:38:32 PM

Update:

The first batch of the board will be a total of 1500 units at a cost of $3995 per unit.

When and where do we place orders? Specifically if we want to pay in crypto
justinjja

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:41:06 PM

Update: The first batch of the board will be a total of 1500 units at a cost of $3995 per unit...

So you're only making money selling the hardware,
and releasing free closed source mining 'code' without a devfee?
And we can also use devfee based options from other users like whitefire990?
senseless (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:27:04 PM

Update: The first batch of the board will be a total of 1500 units at a cost of $3995 per unit...

So you're only making money selling the hardware,
and releasing free closed source mining 'code' without a devfee?
And we can also use devfee based options from other users like whitefire990?

We will be selling hardware and providing a platform for any community developers to generate secure bitstreams for our devices. The devfee for a given bitstream will be determined by the developer and we will take a portion of the developer's fee to pay for maintenance / support of the system. There's one thing I already knew, but it really hit home recently is that there are a lot of talented individuals on this forum and if given the opportunity can do some pretty amazing things. We will be releasing our firmwares through the platform. To use any of the bitstreams your device must have it's efuse programmed with our encryption keys. You would not be able to use any of the bitstreams with other devices that do not have our encryption key programmed in. I'm planning to provide a method for those who've purchased boards from avnet or digikey to send me their board so we can program the efuse (assuming it has not already been programmed) if they'd like.

Dhino

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:33:31 PM

Update:

The first batch of the board will be a total of 1500 units at a cost of $3995 per unit. We will be shipping to the USA and CA for the first batch. We will likely support EU & Worldwide (Limited) starting with our second batch of devices. Estimated shipping date will be August 2018. It's possible we will ship some units prior to this date but it's unlikely we will be able to get our complete chip order before the end of August 2018.

I have been speaking with community developers and there is interest in having a centralized platform / software they can release their bitstreams through. We have plans to release our own bitstreams (Lyra2z, Keccak, Myriad-Groestl, NIST5). Others in the community have an expressed an interest to release firmwares for Cryptonight, Keccak, and some of the more advanced algos (X16R, Timetravel-10, etc).

How can we place the order?

Bitrated user: dhinendra.
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:33:53 PM

EU based delivery would be awsome I 'd like to purchase a board.
senseless (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:36:33 PM

Update:

How can we place the order?

Orders will open June 1st most likely. Still working on the banking situation. Obviously it would be ideal to accept credit cards, paypal, amazon pay, etc. Our site is ready for launch.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: