Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:15:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer  (Read 51487 times)
GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:28:39 PM

Don't get me wrong it's not you or this project I distrust, its anything in cryptocurrency at the moment. I have been scammed before so very wary now. so if you guys are legitimate then I apologize, as I would love you buy these cards, especially if you can put unencrypted bitstreams in them as I want to develop one for lyra2z and lyra2re. I was going to buy the direct cards from Xilinx, but their price has gone up to $4999 already and also would have to mod them myself. So if they are pre-modded and cheaper than $4999 then that is fantastic.

Absolutely, can put any unencrypted bitstreams you want on these. The key being set is really just enablement to give access to other bitstreams/miners that may have otherwise only been private, and a way to encourage more dev participation.

@OhGodAGirl - thanks for the (maybe a bit large) vote of confidence. I’m really not that interesting, either.

I can vouch that @senseless isn’t absconding with any funds here. He may be more apt to speak his mind, but he has put in a lot of work to help get everyone this deal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
securitizones

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:33:09 PM

thanks to both of you. sounds really good. cant wait. any timelines. as usual, always want it yesterday Smiley
GPUHoarder

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:35:13 PM

thanks to both of you. sounds really good. cant wait. any timelines. as usual, always want it yesterday Smiley

Orders this week, shipping in August!
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:10:27 PM

Our FPGA devices will have our encryption keys burned into them and as a result we will be able to distribute secure encrypted bitstreams and software.

Does this mean we cannot run any other software other than what you release on these FPGAs?

No, it doesn't at all. You will be able to run any unencrypted designs (whitefire's for instance) and our encrypted designs.

We will also be creating a platform that would allow any community developer to create and publish designs through our encrypted platform.

Thanks for the quick reply. Smiley

Let's say I want to use the board for something else than mining. Would the burned encrypted keys mess with that?
Cheers.

Once we put our encryption keys in you will not be able to use any other encrypted bitstreams other than ours. However, you will still be able to run any unencrypted bitstreams (like whitefire's bitstreams).

From what I understand this is so that others that do not have this key cannot run the proprietary Bitstreams that are released for just this card, it's a intellectual property protection and by buying the card here you get the key to that property (well what bitstreams are released to that key).

Correct me if I'm wrong here Senseless.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/52881.html
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1084_tamp_resist_dsgns.pdf

Correct

senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:11:04 PM

Putting my two cents in here, for what it's worth.

I poke around the corners and keep an eye on people who make big claims in this space. I don't always have the time to speak up, but I'll speak up here for David, and David alone.

David is the President and co-founder of Squirrels LLC. He's the gentlemen responsible for eip-969. He built a supercomputer for verifying prime numbers. He's responsible for a lot of big drivers in education like AirParrot and Reflector and a handful of other applications. He is actively working to make technology a part of everyday life in unique and interesting ways.

I can confirm he has a deal with Xilinix. I can confirm he's got the hardware. I can confirm he's got everything he says he has. If he doesn't deliver, I'll hunt him to the ends of the earth. No plane, train, or automobile will keep him safe.  Wink

So, for what it's worth, yeah. He's good people(s), securitizones.

Damn, should I take that personally? I realize that my consulting company isn't as big as AirSquirrels. But, ow.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tom-sensel-10454a79/

senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:13:42 PM

WILL THERE BE A "HOW TO DO" VIDEO FOR BUYERS?

Yes

dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:22:59 PM

All these votes of confidence fill my heart with joy.

I've registered on fpga.land. Eagerly awaiting updates. I'd be ready to order a few cards, provided they are not ultra complicated to get running.

Btw would a "universal" water block (like the EK Thermosphere or VGA Supremacy) fit this card in any way?
GPUHoarder

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:26:00 PM

I've registered on fpga.land. Eagerly awaiting updates. I'd be ready to order a few cards, provided they are not ultra complicated to get running.

Btw would a "universal" water block (like the EK Thermosphere or VGA Supremacy) fit this card in any way?

Does any one have a good ekwb contact?

There are enough of these that I might commission a nice little full board water block for the crazy amongst us.
quick1unc

Activity: 289
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:29:53 PM

Can I run a few of these on an Onda or Octominer board without issue, or would I need to build a new system from scratch with different hardware?
ico7liv2

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:38:29 PM

Hello,
I'm really interested with your work on FPGA Mining.

Will 1 FPGA be enough?
Do we need several FPGA, depending on the algorithm used ?

Thanks
GPUHoarder

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:41:17 PM

Can I run a few of these on an Onda or Octominer board without issue, or would I need to build a new system from scratch with different hardware?

Should be no problem, these are independent and don’t really  need PCIe, you can link them with qsfp28 cables if needed.
dragonmike

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:56:17 PM

There are enough of these that I might commission a nice little full board water block for the crazy amongst us.
Get in touch with them over the website, I guess. They've got a few contact options.
Bearing in mind their stuff is good but not cheap. Wonder if a full board block would be worth it... Do you really need to cool the memory actively on a Xilinx board?
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:01:05 PM

Get in touch with them over the website, I guess. They've got a few contact options.
Bearing in mind their stuff is good but not cheap. Wonder if a full board block would be worth it... Do you really need to cool the memory actively on a Xilinx board?

This. I've been thinking the same for the last 4 days.

You don't need to cool the memory, but you do need to cool the power components.

rem26

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:11:32 PM

Can you please reconsider supporting windows?. The technical barrier and expense to fpga cards is quite high so anything to ease the barrier to entry would be appreciative

Developing for windows is a royal pain in the ass.  Look at the bugs in an established program like some of the miners that run on both - Automatic start, watchdog, etc are all an incantation of garbage batch files to to get everything run, with administrator/elevated permissions. 

dragonmike

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:14:00 PM

You don't need to cool the memory, but you do need to cool the power components.
Fair point. Maybe a half-body block then, enough to cover the VRM's etc.
GPUHoarder

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:49:57 PM

Fair point. Maybe a half-body block then, enough to cover the VRM's etc.

Exactly this - core and power components need cooled to get maximum perf.
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 05:28:21 PM

Well time to learn linux i guess. For all those windows beggars.

Is it still possible to enter the first batch or from your website everything is sold out ?

Can you please reconsider supporting windows?. The technical barrier and expense to fpga cards is quite high so anything to ease the barrier to entry would be appreciative

If you can insert a CD, press next a couple times, then use a web interface -- you should be good. Aka, if you've ever had an asic miner, you'll be able to use linux with our fpga.

It's interesting to see so much interest in a Windows iteration. I have SO MUCH to learn in Linux still yet is incredibly more reliable for me than windows has ever been.

Speaking of interest, interested to see where this goes Cheesy

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
tomwrx

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 07:49:32 PM

So what other pc component will be needed to run fpga? I am not familiar witgh gpu mining...

ALQO - A Decentralized, All-in-One Financial And Cloud Services Ecosystem.

https://alqo.app/
jasonstewartfullerton

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:51:27 PM

Bummer on CC payments, I was going to try to order multiple units. I know pricing details are not released yet, but can we get a rough ballpark? I would really appreciate it since I need to prepare some BTC/ETH and it'll take a bit of time.

Alternatively, would you release the pricing details and information on your website (fpga.land) before opening peorders? Or would it all happen at the same exact time? I suspect that these would get sold out relatively quick and some preparation would be needed.

On another topic, Linux is an easier OS to mine with than Windows these days. This isn't the 90s where you need to compile things from scratch, and spend hours getting your xfree86 config / video drivers right. It's frankly more useable out of the box than Windows is now. Just grab a CentOS/Ubuntu/Debian iso and put it on a usb thumb drive and learn something new.
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:42:19 PM

The real problem with Linux is that a new piece of hardware comes out and it takes 6 months to get the drivers and support. 

Ask anyone who got the first RX boards from AMD.  We were forced to go the Windows route and endure the nonstop garbage with drivers updates, and Windows updates knocking stuff offline.  It is a real pain. 

Once you get good drivers and mining software support for Linux there is no doubt that is the place to be, but who has the time to wait around until drivers are available and working and a stable working mining software?  It will kill you if you're a miner. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: