Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:38:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer  (Read 51488 times)
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:05:08 AM

We're only planning to provide lyra2z and cnv1. I'll be mostly focused on the shell which will allow community developers to quickly put their design together.

Will you be auditing the codes that the developers push into the shell? Wondering if there's a possibility for backdoors or what not or if there's a hidden dev fee on top of your shell dev fee that they can somehow implement.

The shell will have limits and securities in place to protect the users from the developers and the developers from the users. We'll also be providing all of the software.

Hmm, I've just seen that Vivado Webpack does not support this FPGA version, need the full software, which is around 3k-4k, do you have any solution for that? I'd rather not pay that to develop for the platform.

We're still trying to confirm if Xilinx is going to include the licenses. If not, I'll provide some licenses and figure out some sort of licensing situation.

Woah. Does this mean that if Xilinix does not include the licenses for software, we will be needing to pay an additional $3-4k to run software for these FPGAs?

I'm assuming this is an additional $3-4k above the $3.5k cost of the hardware bringing the cost to run an FPGA to $7-8k. If so, this is something you should have clarified with us buyers in the very first place. What am i going to do with that FPGA if i don't have an additional $3-4k lying around??

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:09:26 AM

We're only planning to provide lyra2z and cnv1. I'll be mostly focused on the shell which will allow community developers to quickly put their design together.

Will you be auditing the codes that the developers push into the shell? Wondering if there's a possibility for backdoors or what not or if there's a hidden dev fee on top of your shell dev fee that they can somehow implement.

The shell will have limits and securities in place to protect the users from the developers and the developers from the users. We'll also be providing all of the software.

Hmm, I've just seen that Vivado Webpack does not support this FPGA version, need the full software, which is around 3k-4k, do you have any solution for that? I'd rather not pay that to develop for the platform.

We're still trying to confirm if Xilinx is going to include the licenses. If not, I'll provide some licenses and figure out some sort of licensing situation.

Woah. Does this mean that if Xilinix does not include the licenses for software, we will be needing to pay an additional $3-4k to run software for these FPGAs?

I'm assuming this is an additional $3-4k above the $3.5k cost of the hardware bringing the cost to run an FPGA to $7-8k. If so, this is something you should have clarified with us buyers in the very first place. What am i going to do with that FPGA if i don't have an additional $3-4k lying around??

No, not at all. The rest of your statement was based off an incorrect assumption.

gregory4329

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:29:29 AM

need to contact you directely , is for buy 5 card , but not buy before talk with you in private
gregory4329

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:45:04 AM

ok i have see you have answer at my mail

i have ask you new question and ask warranty

thanks
Mashy81

Activity: 225
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:20:24 AM

ok i have see you have answer at my mail

i have ask you new question and ask warranty

thanks

Can you not read or are you just lazy. Just read a few pages all your answers are contained in the previous pages
CNATS

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:38:36 AM

Hey side topic. I did see a couple lines or two in one of the threads about water cooling. Another user had mentioned that they could help design.
Any headway here?
GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:37:42 AM

Hey side topic. I did see a couple lines or two in one of the threads about water cooling. Another user had mentioned that they could help design.
Any headway here?

It is going to be available as a “factory” upgrade offered  before shipping
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:46:47 AM

At these current BTC and crypto prices...and the FPGA card prices...

looks like mine (and perhaps) others view on all this is gonna get pushed out in

the future ...for more than a bit...

a couple questions

1) at $3.2k a card (damn, this looked more do'able a month or two ago) is
there any 'resale' market on these cards? What I mean is, the folk buying
these for industry ...likely need to buy 'new' for the warranty...or they'd
lose their job, kinda viewpoint

2) so as to the 'what comes first' do you mine with these FPGA cards on
the hope can do 'current' coins or do you do a combo of both current
coins that this FPGA card would make sense to mine and/or a specific FPGA coin?

3) What is the best guess of someone getting a working prototype up
mining ...whatever coins (above) as a public example?

thanks, just trying to catch up...but damn $3.2k a card is 'rough' if

there is no real 'resale' value to their industrial used nature (now).

(I'm a simple miner (or was looking iffy now) this makes my head hurt. Sad

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
CNATS

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:26:22 AM

Any headway here?

Great, thanks! I see it says that on the website too now.
Regulater

Activity: 273
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:23:42 AM

Have you ever thought of using Amazon Payments instead of PayPal? Fees are pretty similar, they pay out right to your bank account, and customers can link cards/bank accounts/amazon credit to purchase the cards. Amazon doesn't have issues as long as your shipping an actual product, and when uploading tracking it will link to customers amazon accounts.
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:10:47 AM

Have you ever thought of using Amazon Payments instead of PayPal? Fees are pretty similar, they pay out right to your bank account, and customers can link cards/bank accounts/amazon credit to purchase the cards. Amazon doesn't have issues as long as your shipping an actual product, and when uploading tracking it will link to customers amazon accounts.

Ya, there are reasons we're not taking Amazon Payments.

nickmiller24

Merit: 5

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:18:46 PM

Could you elaborate on why not? Wish there was a little safer way to pay
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:21:25 PM

Could you elaborate on why not? Wish there was a little safer way to pay

https://pay.amazon.com/us/help/6023

Crowd funding or any activity related to soliciting contributions, donations, investments or pre-orders to fund the development of a product or a project.

Money Making ("Get Rich") Businesses — includes information guides, warranty fees, mortgage reduction services, and any product or service where a prize is guaranteed, marketing media is unavailable, premiums/incentives are offered, promises of future guaranteed results are made, or any rebate or reward program.

i_like_bits

Activity: 21
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:31:05 PM

Any headway here?

Sorry if this was answered already but I would like to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. So users who have purchased units will have the option to add water cooling before their unit ships? Any estimated price or lead time on upgrades?
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:33:54 PM

looks like mine (and perhaps) others view on all this is gonna get pushed out in

a couple questions

Searing

1) There is a resale market but it's much smaller. In addition, with the modifications to the device it may be difficult to sell at all. I'm not sure how to say this... There are other things I'd like to do and having the card may be worthwhile to you for other purposes in the future outside of crypto.

2) There's no algo that exists which would be faster on a gpu than a FPGA. The GPU is instruction set based and does have some features in silicon beyond those instruction sets. The problem coin devs have is there's really no way to make an algo that is faster on gpu than fpga. The FPGA are specially suited for this purpose and while there are some limitations with the current generation of cards; in the future, it's not going to be a problem.

3) Ya i've posted me mining on the VCU118 development board.
https://imgur.com/a/tmebe6W

sidzkosic

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:23:41 PM

a couple questions

Searing

1) There is a resale market but it's much smaller. In addition, with the modifications to the device it may be difficult to sell at all. I'm not sure how to say this... There are other things I'd like to do and having the card may be worthwhile to you for other purposes in the future outside of crypto.

2) There's no algo that exists which would be faster on a gpu than a FPGA. The GPU is instruction set based and does have some features in silicon beyond those instruction sets. The problem coin devs have is there's really no way to make an algo that is faster on gpu than fpga. The FPGA are specially suited for this purpose and while there are some limitations with the current generation of cards; in the future, it's not going to be a problem.

3) Ya i've posted me mining on the VCU118 development board.
https://imgur.com/a/tmebe6W

Hi, I want to make order tomorrow cause I will have funds on my acccount but I'm located in EU so it probably won't reach your account till monday. Is it ok if I order tomorrow and also send funds by wire and send screenshot from my bank account or funds have to be in your account by friday evening ?
Thanks
HardwareCollector

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:13:22 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2018, 07:27:57 PM by HardwareCollector

As an EE and also from someone who is also pro-FPGA, I would caution you from making such blanket claims, they always end up being 100% false. There is no need to hype up FPGAs, they speak for themselves when properly matched for a specific use case.

Missing from the claim is: Which FPGA, which GPU, testing methodology used, GPU software used, FPGA bitstream used, etc.

BTW, much thanks to you and @GPUHoarder for making this group buy possible. Grin
colomine

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:57:12 PM

Hi, I want to make order tomorrow cause I will have funds on my acccount but I'm located in EU so it probably won't reach your account till monday. Is it ok if I order tomorrow and also send funds by wire and send screenshot from my bank account or funds have to be in your account by friday evening ?
Thanks
@ senseless,
Regarding payment procedure. So no hope for Paypal then  with this batch?

If so, I d like to join sidzkosik's queston above.
1) If I pay with a wire transfer from the EU, should I prove to you that I ordered a wire transfer before the money are credited to your account?
JUst not to end up without cards after having payed, because  by the time my money reaches your accoint, somebody  else has already paid for it from within the USA faster .

2) Also, would you accepyt payments consisting of 2 parts: a) either  from 2 different accounts  b) OR  wire transfer  + part in  Bitcoin.
For the last situation, taking into account crashing market, how will you define how much in USD bitcoin is worth (what exchange course will you use)?

Regarding the post-warranty service, what I meant is what would  happen when the board stops working after 3 months? Is that even realistic to fix it for a reasonable fee and within reasonable time if at all?And will anybody be providing this service?

Thanks
senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:12:51 AM

Thanks

Everyone will get 7 days from the point they order to send the wire and have it processed on our end.

senseless (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 12:22:51 AM

@ senseless,
Regarding payment procedure. So no hope for Paypal then  with this batch?

Correct, no paypal with this batch.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: