Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:54:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ALLMINE INC - FPGA Cryptominer  (Read 51486 times)
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:53:05 PM

When start next refunds?
today bitcoin cash price up 27% ....... I lose time and money.... Cry Cry Cry

The shipping date was estimated, this was clear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sidzkosic

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 07:50:57 AM

Hello senseless,
what kind of cooling will these cards with mods have? Single fan,dual fan or watercooled?
senseless (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 10:53:41 PM

Update: Our BCU-1525 units are flying into the warehouse every day! However, the active upgrades (heatsink and custom shroud) and water cooling blocks are not in yet  Embarrassed . We will be contacting customers in groups determined by order date / time to ask if you would like to:

#1) Have your BCU-1525 shipped ASAP, as-is without the active cooler (everyone gets this) or water block upgrade (if it was ordered). The active cooler upgrade or water blocks would be mailed to you separately when they come in and you would need to install them yourself. This would void your factory warranty.

#2) Have your BCU-1525 shipment held back to wait for the upgraded heatsinks / water blocks to come in and have them factory installed.

It is currently expected that the waterblocks and active cooler upgrades will arrive at the latest 10/29. However, this is hardware and there are many improbable edge cases that could occur causing additional delays. (As an example, the truck carrying the blocks has an accident on the highway.)

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 4824

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 09:55:12 PM

I have reached out to paypal to reopen communication with them as we are going to be able to fulfill our agreed terms for funds to be released and be able to continue doing business through them. We have a substantial amount of funds frozen in paypal. Based on the terms of our verbal agreement we should be able to achieve near 100% funds being released within the next 2/3 weeks. This is of course reliant on paypal keeping to the agreement (I can't control their actions and if they wanted to make life hard, they undoubtedly could.). Assuming everything goes as planned we will be able to refund the remaining unfilled refunds within the same time frame. I will update as things progress.

I've already privately apologized to several on the waiting list. But I'd like to take the opportunity to apologize publicly to everyone who's still waiting on (edit: or waited excessively for) a refund. The only thing I can do is ask for your understanding of the situation. If I had the personal funds to refund you, I would and keep the boards myself. This was always marketed as a group buy / community action to obtain better pricing. Similar to a kickstarter project or other similar crowdfunding campaign. We said from the get go that shipping dates were estimates. I tried as hard as I could to get the lowest possible pricing and achieved it. Part of the reason why our pricing is so much lower than the other legitimate products that have come to market is due to our small margins on the cards. We may end up at a loss on the sales of the cards. We took these tiny margins so we could pass on cards at the best rate possible. We at Allmine had always intended to get the majority of our revenue (and future profits) from fee collection. We are doing the best we can given the situation; I'm sorry if our best isn't good enough.

None of this makes you not having your refund any better. I hope it will inspire a little patience as we work through shipping so we can have our paypal funds released and work through the remainder of the refund queue.

This kind of shit can happen in any pre order situation and anyone who ordered in that fashion should have known that there was a chance of this happening so I don't see where you need to apologize to anyone.

No good deed goes unpunished.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 01:58:45 AM

Pre-order - Shme-Order ... Doesn't even matter.  The shit doesn't work ... Lots of hacking going on just to get the shit to work.  People bricking 3K FPGA's ... LOL ... Let me know when you have a working product.  I'm not going to waste thousands test netting this shit for you.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
senseless (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:11:57 PM

Pre-order - Shme-Order ... Doesn't even matter.  The shit doesn't work ... Lots of hacking going on just to get the shit to work.  People bricking 3K FPGA's ... LOL ... Let me know when you have a working product.  I'm not going to waste thousands test netting this shit for you.

Not being perfect is different than "shit doesn't work".

https://ahashpool.com/wallet.php?wallet=1JWWCkVKHtDrxQicFkLS2JrwCMbb4nWuFs

^ 80 cards

yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:16:50 PM

Pre-order - Shme-Order ... Doesn't even matter.  The shit doesn't work ... Lots of hacking going on just to get the shit to work.  People bricking 3K FPGA's ... LOL ... Let me know when you have a working product.  I'm not going to waste thousands test netting this shit for you.

Not being perfect is different than "shit doesn't work".

https://ahashpool.com/wallet.php?wallet=1JWWCkVKHtDrxQicFkLS2JrwCMbb4nWuFs

^ 80 cards

Hey, quit hogging the pool...
dazzmore

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:36:22 PM

What's a good setup to buy in preparation for these FPGAs, in terms of motherboard, CPU...? Do I need any additional hardwares?
senseless (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:50:12 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2018, 08:21:36 PM by senseless

What's a good setup to buy in preparation for these FPGAs, in terms of motherboard, CPU...? Do I need any additional hardwares?

We're using the black box's here (courtesy of https://blackbox.cat/ ). I'm pretty happy with them. I bought one for our own testing (Allmine directly, these are SQRL units). If you're not planning a massive rig you should be ok with any motherboard / cpu combo that supports PCI-3.0. I would recommend a slightly more powerful CPU than what you'd normally use for mining (low-medium end quad core).

oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:21:05 AM

I have an inquiry about the timing of the prospect of a refund, but at all there is no answer. I am shivering thinking it is a SCAM.
 Please give a clear explanation.  Undecided Undecided Undecided
colomine

Activity: 58

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 02:04:26 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2018, 02:41:24 AM by colomine

I have an inquiry about the timing of the prospect of a refund, but at all there is no answer. I am shivering thinking it is a SCAM.

Same thing here.
I d like to see my refund  too some time before I die. I bought cards in June and refund was requested in the beginning of August.
Every time i inquire  it is always  "another 2 -3 weeks to wait", when I get a chance to get an answer. Later they ran out of money for refunds and said they had to  sell the remaining cards to refund. Now as i understand, all is sold out and there are even additional funds from PayPal  available.  But still no time to do a few clicks to authorize a transfer.  SQRL support just answered that they have "no definite timeline for refunds".   I hope I won't hear next that "we are too busy developing  bitstreams" as a next excuse.   Sad
 I do not know if this guys are building cryptocommunism for a greater good, revolutionizing mining or just making money - i do not care, this is not a reason for not taking care of a refund. I only know that i did my part and send my money 4 months ago to some dudes  but haven't got it back yet. (So far I had to resell on my own some of cards from my orders to a new buyer to get part of the money back, partially at a loss).
I can only hope this is not a scam. Let's hope it is not.  Sad May be, the amount is not significant enough to pay attention to a 2 month old refund inquiry, for people who move millions via their accounts. I don't know.  But 14K is a lot of money for me.
dimouze
Copper Member

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 09:11:39 AM

Same thing here.
I d like to see my refund  too some time before I die. I bought cards in June and refund was requested in the beginning of August.
Every time i inquire  it is always  "another 2 -3 weeks to wait", when I get a chance to get an answer. Later they ran out of money for refunds and said they had to  sell the remaining cards to refund. Now as i understand, all is sold out and there are even additional funds from PayPal  available.  But still no time to do a few clicks to authorize a transfer.  SQRL support just answered that they have "no definite timeline for refunds".   I hope I won't hear next that "we are too busy developing  bitstreams" as a next excuse.   Sad
 I do not know if this guys are building cryptocommunism for a greater good, revolutionizing mining or just making money - i do not care, this is not a reason for not taking care of a refund. I only know that i did my part and send my money 4 months ago to some dudes  but haven't got it back yet. (So far I had to resell on my own some of cards from my orders to a new buyer to get part of the money back, partially at a loss).
I can only hope this is not a scam. Let's hope it is not.  Sad May be, the amount is not significant enough to pay attention to a 2 month old refund inquiry, for people who move millions via their accounts. I don't know.  But 14K is a lot of money for me.

I am in the same situation, I asked for a refund in August and I did not have anything.
colomine

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 11:38:36 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2018, 12:04:27 AM by colomine

@senseless,
@GPUHoarder

Honestly, I do not even  know what to think now when I haven't seen any answers in DM on Discord from Allmine or SQRL Research for over 10 days now. We have been patient long enough.  How long can it possibly take to do a refund?!  - 3-5 minutes and a few clicks. Hire somebody and pay for overtime if you have no time but do the damn refunds finally!
What are we supposed to think now?  That  you guys are day trading with the money or something? Or preparing to enjoy net operating losses on personal tax returns at our expense for the next 15 yrs? Is there even any money there?
cryptolumos

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:12:20 AM

@senseless,
@GPUHoarder

Honestly, I do not even  know what to think now when I haven't seen any answers in DM on Discord from Allmine or SQRL Research for over 10 days now. We have been patient long enough.  How long can it possibly take to do a refund?!  - 3-5 minutes and a few clicks. Hire somebody and pay for overtime if you have no time but do the damn refunds finally!
What are we supposed to think now?  That  you guys are day trading with the money or something? Or preparing to enjoy net operating losses on personal tax returns at our expense for the next 15 yrs? Is there even any money there?

Been lots of updates, don't know where you are looking
colomine

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:23:33 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2018, 02:44:41 AM by colomine

@cryptolumos,
 I was referring to private messages (DM)  on Discord. I was also asking in the boards about updates on refunds and shipping. Only updates I have seen relate to  shipping and tech support on bitstreams and BCUs in general-  i do not know how they relate to refunds. There was one mesage last tuesday (i do notkno wif the guy is a customer or a joint venture) that it may take longer to process refunds.  I got relieved a bit though when I saw photos with boxes. It was really strange not to have them posted earlier. But at least now we know the BCUs exist. It gives some hope.  But it does not explain why nobody can take 3-5 minutes off or hire a secretary to make refunds. Angry

Think of this  - as customers we are only considered when we have paid. We do not say "sorry i will pay in 2-3 weeks or may be later when and if I get paid, may be, but please send the goods today". But for some reason we are expected to exercise patience and consider every problem of a vendor/seller that should not be our concern. And this all is presented as if somebody is altruistically saving the planet or feeding the poor. May be they are, and there is some altruism involved  - I cannot tell.  Good if it is. But nobody signed for that here.
cryptolumos

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:45:53 AM

@cryptolumos,
 I was referring to private messages (DM)  on Discord. I was also asking in the boards about updates on refunds and shipping. Only updtes I have seen relate to tech support on bitstreams and BCUs in general-  i do not know how they relate to refunds.  I got relieved a bit though when I saw photos with boxes At least the BCUs exist. It gives some hope.  But it does not explain why nobody can take 3-5 minutes off or hire a secretary to make refunds.

Think of this  - as customers we are only considered when we have paid. We do not say "sorry i will pay in 2-3 weeks or may be later when and if I get paid, may be, but please send the goods today". But for some reason we are expected to exercise patience and consider every problem of a vendor/seller that should not be our concern. And this all is presented as if somebody is altruistically saving the planet or feeding the poor. May be they are, and there is some altruism involved I cannot tell.  Good if it is. But nobody signed for that here.

From what I've read the focus is to get the gear out then refunds. I don't know the logistics of the refunds to comment on how quickly they could be done. With the staff they currently have its all hands on deck getting gear out. You will get your refund but its not the priority at this point. Again this is just what it appears like on the discord.
colomine

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:56:04 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2018, 03:09:14 AM by colomine

From what I've read the focus is to get the gear out then refunds. I don't know the logistics of the refunds to comment on how quickly they could be done. With the staff they currently have its all hands on deck getting gear out. You will get your refund but its not the priority at this point. Again this is just what it appears like on the discord.
I read all that, and i ask myself why such a priority.  I noticed also that there is some work being done on the bitsreams right now. Why not take 2 days to do refunds instead?! May be shorting cryptocurrencies is another top prirority, who knows, and you need money for that afterall...  Who cares if customers miss bullrun or other opportunities. We have already paid - now we can wait, right?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:21:11 AM

I read all that, and i ask myself why such a priority.  I noticed also that there is some work being done on the bitsreams right now. Why not take 2 days to do refunds instead?! May be shorting cryptocurrencies is another top prirority, who knows, and you need money for that afterall...  Who cares if customers miss bullrun or other opportunities. We have already paid - now we can wait, right?

Ya can't make any money on refunds if the price of BTC is depressed....wait for a pump and 'wa la' refunds...

they are 'stalling' like the rest of us on bills/etc we need to pay till the last part of the month. (hey, its what I do as a pray for a pump in alts and BTC)

not sure why I try ..I always sell at the low and buy at the high anyway...(its a gift) Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 4824

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 04:20:17 AM

Ya can't make any money on refunds if the price of BTC is depressed....wait for a pump and 'wa la' refunds...

they are 'stalling' like the rest of us on bills/etc we need to pay till the last part of the month. (hey, its what I do as a pray for a pump in alts and BTC)

not sure why I try ..I always sell at the low and buy at the high anyway...(its a gift) Sad

Bad timing.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
senseless (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 11:00:01 AM

Bad timing.

I configured, fuse and tested around 250 boards tonight. Another 36 hour shift. Ya... We're stalling.. that's it.. exit scam incoming.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: