Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:07:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin reset?  (Read 2434 times)
Oscilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 11:42:46 AM

There is no need t reset the bitcoin  block chain.  If you want to realize your ideals, just create a new coin and see if others will support your ideas.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 06:32:43 PM

Can we reset the Bitcoin mining process to redistribute wealth?

Oh - you mean everyone has been working hard for 7 years to develop their holdings and you didn't do shit?  So now you want to declare an algorithm that forcefully takes money from those people who worked hard for it and give it to people who didn't contribute to the system? 

You are no less than a bank robber.  'redistribute wealth' is just a nice way to say take shit from those who earned it and give it to those who didn't.  Fucking joke.

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4414

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 07:12:16 PM

while we are at it
in america there is $15,400,000,000,000 ($15.4trillion) in personal bank accounts

lets make it so that at midnight of each night, its reset. so that every man, woman and child gets $44,000 each..
no matter if they spend it all. or keep it.
no matter if they receive $4,400,000 from 100 people, by selling goods/services... at midnight.. its reset back to $44,000 each

the end result is that $44k would only have a living cost value of 1 days food or bills.
then people wont want to work because they are guaranteed $44k tomorrow.
so next there would be no bills because there are no workers at the nuclear plant keeping the lights on..
eventually people will resort to trading physical products because there is no electric to power bank databases, internet, ATM's..

so now you know that doing such a thing to a highly dependant FIAT.. would result in returning to the middle ages..
what benefit would it be to do the same to bitcoin..

tell me exactly how people would continue to value bitcoin, if its reset?

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:41:38 PM

That seems like a stupid idea?  We can't reset the network with the amount of problems that would cause.  Basically what I hear from you is, I messed up at the start and didn't mine when I could, now I want to get stupid rich because I could mine a lot of coins for nothing and get free money.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4414

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 08:59:19 PM

That seems like a stupid idea?  We can't reset the network with the amount of problems that would cause.  Basically what I hear from you is, I messed up at the start and didn't mine when I could, now I want to get stupid rich because I could mine a lot of coins for nothing and get free money.

but he wont get rich..
bitcoin would be worthless..

imagine it 15million coins redistributed to 15 million people..

coinbase coldstore balance would disapear.. bitstamp, bitfinex, all exchange balances would disapear.
people would start sueing businesses.. and never trust bitcoin again..

instantly bitcoin would tank to $1.. and then those 15million people with 1btc each would sell the bitcoin in fear of the drop to 1cent..
the possibility of wanting to 'hold' bitcoin would vanish as there would be code to just make it move out off addresses without owners consent.

all because some basement dweller(op) thinks sitting on his hands and not earning bitcoin deems him worthy of getting free bitcoin..

he has no logical understanding of economics or how to even earn bitcoin bitcoin the regular way.
(work as an employee of a bitcoin business/start a business offering products or services)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:04:14 PM

Personally I would prefer every single person (or at least 1 out of 10) would own a device that supported this technology we are using to determine one's wealth/control/power/influence.

This may end up to be more of a reality than not....that millions of people will own devices that mine bitcoin, albeit in minute amounts.

21's grand vision is to puts its chip into everything is underway....and before you say not economically feasible... realize nuclear fusion and incredibly cheap power are only a couple of decades away.

I don't think Lockheed Martin is given to hyperbole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlYClniDFkM

ProfessionalGoogler (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:05:47 PM

Personally I would prefer every single person (or at least 1 out of 10) would own a device that supported this technology we are using to determine one's wealth/control/power/influence.

This may end up to be more of a reality than not....that millions of people will own devices that mine bitcoin, albeit in minute amounts.

21's grand vision is to puts its chip into everything is underway....and before you say not economically feasible... realize nuclear fusion and incredibly cheap power are only a couple of decades away.

I don't think Lockheed Martin is given to hyperbole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlYClniDFkM

Yup...  Smiley
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3192

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:26:51 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2015, 09:39:35 PM by odolvlobo

There is no need to redistribute bitcoins. There is no need to force anyone to give up anything. There are lots of people willing to help you acquire bitcoins. Anyone can get as many bitcoins as they want. Just buy some.

If you want to own more bitcoins than 99.9% of all the people in the world, then go to a faucet and get some dust. If you want to be in the top 10% of all bitcoin owners, go to an exchange and buy 10 bitcoins.

It is that easy.

Anyway, people that advocate a "fair" distribution of bitcoins are confused about the difference between money and wealth.

If all the money in the world were redistributed, then each person would get about $200 in the form of money. If bitcoins were redistributed, then each person would get about 0.002 BTC, worth about $0.65.

That's not going to change anything.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 09:30:11 PM

No, that wouldn't make sense because bitcoin would be worthless then and there would be no wealth to redistribute.
xhoneyael

Activity: 462

www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2015, 09:32:04 PM

The idea of Bitcoin where anyone could mine and support the network of course died with ASIC technology.

Is this great concept of Bitcoin just dead forever?

But not for profit and every person who wanted to be part of the network owned an equal share.

Only in a perfect world right?

Well in the end of Bitcoin if it doesn't change, perhaps the internet Gods (Google, Yahoo & Bing) will unite to create solar powered satellite Bitcoin miners spread all over.

To own Bitcoin just own the most computing power. Well I guess at least the people we will trust our money now should be tech savvy right?

Banks are slow and outdated, I still cry when I see someone write out a check.
reset just for you get some wealth?
those who hold lot of bitcoin right now didnt get it for free
they invest a lot of time and effort and money on it and put lot of faith on it
so i think it will never happen

Possum577

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2015, 05:38:33 AM

So your comfortable with a very small minority (10%) of bitcoin users having control, access, or ability to use bitcoin mining technology? Good, that's basically what we have today!

Bitcoin is a wonderful application of capitalism...those that work get paid. Those that risk have the opportunity to get paid more (but not the obligation or promise).

The reality is that this is how fast the maturity of an industry can move and change the way things were done in the beginning. There are other ways to get involved that can be very profitable.

n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:53:07 AM

By resetting it means that the profit that was before to be removed and distribute the bitcoin to new miners!! It is impossible.
Oscilson

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:35:11 AM

When the Soviet Union collapsed in early 1990s, the state properties were distributed to citizen equally. People were equally rich at that time. But shares of companies changed hands, powerful people got more shares by buying from other people. They are richer.

If we rest the bitcoin, the result is the same.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: