Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:30:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Job Post: Software Project Lead  (Read 1008 times)
Anonymous

August 14, 2011, 02:28:26 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2011, 02:38:53 AM by Immanuel Go

We wish to construct software that involves heavily-networked instant messaging and VOIP technologies through a browser-based interface. It will need to sufficiently handle high volumes of users (20,000+) and possess a back-end that can gauge individual user activity and act accordingly. We would like to see late technologies such as HTML5 used to our advantage because we want the most luxurious and friendly interface possible.

We need somebody to lead the construction of our service.

Skills Required:

The knowledge to tell us what we precisely need to accomplish our goals.

The ability to oversee and manage the development of our web-based software to a timely completion.  This includes but not limited to the hiring and delegation of specialized design talent and software development. You will need to make sure our software is installed, maintained and meets all stated requirements at or beyond sufficient capacity. Experience in large-scale web applications is preferred.

You must communicate in English proficiently.

Original thinking and skepticism is a plus!

Your Proposed Value:

- Equity in our innovation.

and/or

- Direct payment for your services in your preferred currency (BTC or USD).

If you're interested, please send your portfolio of work to my email at immanuel.ortego@gmail.com and I will contact you shortly.

Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 06:17:31 AM

We wish to construct software that involves heavily-networked instant messaging and VOIP technologies through a browser-based interface. It will need to sufficiently handle high volumes of users (20,000+) and possess a back-end that can gauge individual user activity and act accordingly. We would like to see late technologies such as HTML5 used to our advantage because we want the most luxurious and friendly interface possible.

Skills Required:

The ability to oversee and manage the development of our web-based software to a timely completion.  This includes but not limited to the hiring and delegation of specialized design talent and software development. You will need to make sure our software is installed, maintained and meets all stated requirements at or beyond sufficient capacity. Experience in large-scale web applications is preferred.

Your Proposed Value:

and/or

If you're interested, please send your portfolio of work to my email at immanuel.ortego@gmail.com and I will contact you shortly.

Thank you.

Your description is awfully generic, likely does not require HTML5 in any capacity, and sounds like a series of flash projects that have been done before. Also you probably shouldn't be setting an exact target of number of users you plan on having unless you already have that userbase, and just make the software/service scalable enough that you can copy config files over to another server and boot it up to share the load. Try describing it again.
Anonymous

August 14, 2011, 06:08:52 PM

Skills Required:

Your Proposed Value:

and/or

Thank you.

Your description is awfully generic, likely does not require HTML5 in any capacity, and sounds like a series of flash projects that have been done before. Also you probably shouldn't be setting an exact target of number of users you plan on having unless you already have that userbase, and just make the software/service scalable enough that you can copy config files over to another server and boot it up to share the load. Try describing it again.
Respectfully, I would prefer you to discontinue from admonishing me and my posts.

It's generic on the basis that I do not want to reveal my complete objective -- at least not yet.
JeffK

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 10:29:18 PM

Skills Required:

Your Proposed Value:

and/or

Thank you.

Respectfully, I would prefer you to discontinue from admonishing me and my posts.

It's generic on the basis that I do not want to reveal my complete objective -- at least not yet.

I was 100% serious and trying to help. There is a good chance none of your project is groundbreaking or unique enough to require a NDA, so throwing out some more details might help people know if they should contact you.

Also, your 'requirements' of things like HTML5 in situations where HTML5 is not the prime solution (like heavy instant messaging/VOIP) makes you sound like every other one of the 'idea men' on the internet that programmers avoid like the plague because their requirements involve all sorts of technologies that are the latest buzz, like 'HTML5', 'AJAX', or 'Web2.0; whereas each of those technologies or ideas have their place and uses, they rarely do in random requests for ideas where other, more stable technologies exist.

Reading this post makes me think of you as I do like any similar project on Craigslist. You have a very high-level idea of what you want, how big you want it to be, and what it will look like. You do not, however, have usability requirements, cost/server requirements, specific security requirements, and so on. Therefore you throw out a vague suggestion about your potential project, with assumed technologies that you've heard about from friends/blogs/etc, and plan on simply explaining the idea in your head to a programmer, hoping they can build it.

Try explaining at least what you want besides just 'VOIP'.
bitplane

Activity: 321

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 03:23:39 AM

You have a very high-level idea of what you want, how big you want it to be, and what it will look like. You do not, however, have usability requirements, cost/server requirements, specific security requirements, and so on. Therefore you throw out a vague suggestion about your potential project, with assumed technologies that you've heard about from friends/blogs/etc, and plan on simply explaining the idea in your head to a programmer, hoping they can build it.

He's not asking for a software engineer, he's looking for a solution architect to figure out the technical requirements, do the spec work and then stick around as a project manager and/or development lead. This is at least one person above the likes of us, the guy who used to be a hacker but now writes documents and draws boxes and Gantt charts all day.
NetTecture

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 04:04:57 AM

You have a very high-level idea of what you want, how big you want it to be, and what it will look like. You do not, however, have usability requirements, cost/server requirements, specific security requirements, and so on. Therefore you throw out a vague suggestion about your potential project, with assumed technologies that you've heard about from friends/blogs/etc, and plan on simply explaining the idea in your head to a programmer, hoping they can build it.

He's not asking for a software engineer, he's looking for a solution architect to figure out the technical requirements, do the spec work and then stick around as a project manager and/or development lead. This is at least one person above the likes of us, the guy who used to be a hacker but now writes documents and draws boxes and Gantt charts all day.

Yes, but he does not say what he realy wants. Most architects dont even come close to know all technologies. Knowing your limitations is key. Idid architect a VOIP / Video confernce system years ago (down to our own wire level protocol at this time, as per requirement), but I would not even answer because of the already given limitations which also make it likely (due to crrelation with other simlar ofers) that the "payment" is either a small share in nothing or a very very very sub-market rate. Because most "value" projects actually are of that type.
JeffK

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 05:14:22 AM

Yes, but he does not say what he realy wants. Most architects dont even come close to know all technologies. Knowing your limitations is key. Idid architect a VOIP / Video confernce system years ago (down to our own wire level protocol at this time, as per requirement), but I would not even answer because of the already given limitations which also make it likely (due to crrelation with other simlar ofers) that the "payment" is either a small share in nothing or a very very very sub-market rate. Because most "value" projects actually are of that type.

Right, and without giving at least a bit more detail, this could be potentially hundreds of architect hours just to find out what requirements he wants the architect to start from, adding tons of costs to a project that a 17-year-old probably cannot fund.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: