Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:27:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GDPR, Data privacy and Bounties  (Read 137 times)
amila_cs (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 04:28:02 AM

I think it is about time that we address a serious issue we see with most bounty campaigns.
Privacy!!

All your data is available in a spreadsheet for everyone!! Isn't that a major data breach? Recently I am getting lot of spam mails and also some people impersonate me and join airdrops etc with my e mail address. This is all because our information is publicly available in spreadsheets in almost every bounty we participate.

You might have heard about GDPR - General data protection regulation. It is a regulation that requires businesses to protect the personal data and privacy of EU citizens for transactions that occur within EU member states. So businesses that operated within EU or doing any kind of interactions with EU citizens it is a must to be GDPR compliance and if fail to comply can lead to serious fines. This is currently for EU only. But I hope it will be a thing for every citizen of the world.

So I think it is time now for bounty campaigns to think serious about our data as well. I have only seen very few bounty campaigns where they didn't show the email address in the spreadsheet. I hope many bounty managers will take that initiative in the future.

WONO

⇐ ● WONO is a Decentralized P2P-platform for exchange or rent of  any assets and services without currency and taxation expenses ● ⇒

○ ○ ○  WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK  ○ ○  ○
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BarryBomb

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:33:58 AM

I think it is about time that we address a serious issue we see with most bounty campaigns.
Privacy!!

All your data is available in a spreadsheet for everyone!! Isn't that a major data breach? Recently I am getting lot of spam mails and also some people impersonate me and join airdrops etc with my e mail address. This is all because our information is publicly available in spreadsheets in almost every bounty we participate.

You might have heard about GDPR - General data protection regulation. It is a regulation that requires businesses to protect the personal data and privacy of EU citizens for transactions that occur within EU member states. So businesses that operated within EU or doing any kind of interactions with EU citizens it is a must to be GDPR compliance and if fail to comply can lead to serious fines. This is currently for EU only. But I hope it will be a thing for every citizen of the world.

So I think it is time now for bounty campaigns to think serious about our data as well. I have only seen very few bounty campaigns where they didn't show the email address in the spreadsheet. I hope many bounty managers will take that initiative in the future.

Fully agree, I am involved in the ICO space and would like to say that more and more projects ask us if they are GDPR compliant and what rules they need to follow, so fortunately there are some projects taking this very seriously for good reason
amila_cs (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 09:47:37 AM

of course. People don't take data privacy serious until something serious happens to them. This is why we need more bounty management websites as they have a bit more privacy and security than the traditional bounty campaigns running here

WONO

⇐ ● WONO is a Decentralized P2P-platform for exchange or rent of  any assets and services without currency and taxation expenses ● ⇒

○ ○ ○  WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK  ○ ○  ○
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: