Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:03:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want Coinex back  (Read 623 times)
selavy59 (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:16:51 AM

Coinex seemed to be the only honest pool out there. Since Coinex shutdown for upgrades I have tried various other pools but have always mined less than 30% of expected coins for my rig. On Coinex I acheived 90% of expected coins which is pretty damn good. Are there no other honest pools out there?

I have shut my rig down for now. It costs me too much money to mine at dishonest pools.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yomamanodros

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:23:40 AM

Unless you are trying to mine BTC with GPUs there is no way you aren't making money mining with your rig.  There are hundreds of good pools out there.  Shutting down your rig when mining is more profitable than it has been in many months is incredibly stupid. 

Go ahead and shut her down if you want to throw a fit over your pool temporarily closing. 

selavy59 (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:52:20 AM

Unless you are trying to mine BTC with GPUs there is no way you aren't making money mining with your rig.  There are hundreds of good pools out there.  Shutting down your rig when mining is more profitable than it has been in many months is incredibly stupid. 

Go ahead and shut her down if you want to throw a fit over your pool temporarily closing. 

As this is the Alt currencies forum I'm obviously not mining Bitcoin. If I'm only mining 30% of expected coins how can it be called profitable?
yomamanodros

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:13:06 AM

Unless you are trying to mine BTC with GPUs there is no way you aren't making money mining with your rig.  There are hundreds of good pools out there.  Shutting down your rig when mining is more profitable than it has been in many months is incredibly stupid.  

As this is the Alt currencies forum I'm obviously not mining Bitcoin. If I'm only mining 30% of expected coins how can it be called profitable?
If the only pools you can find are yielding 30% of their expected output you aren't looking very hard.  I was not exaggerating when I said their are HUNDREDS of pools out there!

-Go to Coinchoose and just pick a coin at random

-search for that coin on bitcointalk and find pools

-point your miner at pool

-Profit

It really is that easy right now.  At this point, even mining at 30% of expected yield will turn a good profit mining many different coins unless your electricity costs are very high.  

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: