Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:43:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallets require very long time to start - is it normal?  (Read 1005 times)
IcemanX

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:16:48 PM

Yeah, I can confirm everyone else. Took forever for my first wallet to download the chain. It loads the block chain entirely when you first start it. It also updates the block chain every time as well,but it is a lot less time to add to than download entirely.
RebelWorm

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:50:12 PM

As you can see, I am a new to bitcoin.

I am trying to download a wallet on bitcoin.org, and found the description for the official wallet program.

"Bitcoin-Qt is a full Bitcoin client and builds the backbone of the network. It offers the highest levels of security, privacy, and stability. However, it has fewer features and it takes a lot of space and memory."

I am wondering how the other lightweight programs perform on security, privacy, and stability. Could anyone share?
The lightweight programs does not check if it follows the real blockchain, so it just assumes that the one most people follows is the correct one.
But for most people a lightweight will be enough (and easier!).

Which one will you suggest?
Multibit? Electrum? or web wallets?
Personally I prefer Multibit, but you might have a different taste!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: