Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 08:52:03 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SENTINEL ICO Announcement - SENT - Decentralized VPN Coin  (Read 1157 times)
sentineldevofficial

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:19:19 PM

Sentinel

Sentinel is a decentralized VPN Platform with a hardware focused solution

What if there was a VPN service that provably didn't log your session history?

What if there was a inexpensive hardware device that could be plugged into your router to allow you to monetize on your unused bandwidth?

What if there was a VPN system that engaged in packet spoofing to keep your network privacy safe from malicious actors on the TOR network?

More Details Coming soon - This is a dev team of 8 members from leading academic institutions from around the world. This ANN is a lean ANN that is made for the sake of transparency as a small round for ongoing development expenses is being executed today (20% of ICO at same price as the other 80%)

Technical Details:

Built on ETH
Incentivization POW or POS details to be released soon

Coin Specs

220M Total
75% ICO
5% Bounty
20% Dev

ICO Size: $1-1.2M

ICO Transparent Public Address:

BTC - 1LQ8QUJM4rjUep1i97cfdx9Ke29vnw22io

ETH - 0x9f95D23f350bCB1F7Df73492eb3f141f7e6dF062

Warning: Do not send any money to these addresses at this point of time (unless you have contact with Dev team)

Official Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/EsfLe0P510Yao7P0Ozfe3w

First $100k Being sold from today, same price as rest of the $400k - October 3rd 2017

Draft Whitepaper Deadline 6th Oct 12 GMT

ICO $400k to be announced

Official Github: github.com/sentinel-official

Commits are being made and code is being updated

Dev Meet Oct 3rd Details: https://hackmd.io/s/H1CA5MWnb#

There have been over 7 dev meets till date the recap for each one will be posted shortly.

Please wait patiently for official whitepaper, website and information release on hardware solution.

There are over 8 highly qualified, intelligent and enthusiastic devs. Lets make this happen!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Thebestis7950

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:23:24 PM

i like all these projects and they have a place
how will you differ from MYST and complete against them in the same market?

AQ16LcTPQcYXH9BhQTQfVDe7JtYNwdDaXj
gioangelofelix

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:29:32 PM

Nice project , I will anticipate every updates here👍

sentineldevofficial

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:34:18 PM

We would request everyone to reserve their question and comments until the whitepaper is released and the details of MVP and roadmap are released.

Slack Links will be posted and social media accounts will go up soon.

There will be a large update to the little info given here by Monday Oct 9th

Regards
gioangelofelix

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:44:01 PM

We would request everyone to reserve their question and comments until the whitepaper is released and the details of MVP and roadmap are released.

Slack Links will be posted and social media accounts will go up soon.

There will be a large update to the little info given here by Monday Oct 9th

Regards
How about bounty campaigns?

sentineldevofficial

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:24:16 PM

https://hackmd.io/s/SJIZoyV2W

-From BBC

Dev Organization Overhaul

Organization is happening

New domain and emails for devs, gitlab org domain login, Asana domain login

This will be made transparent once everybody is onboarded and projects and tasks are established and assigned

Meetings will be scheduled on slack and we share a domain calendar

Continuous integration on gitlab will be set up

Docker images will be built using either gtlab or Google container builder and pushed to our domain gcloud docker registry
Mvp bootstrapping process flow diagram and document must be written

Mvp test cluster script for kubernetes deployment, node Genesis, geth cloud cluster Discovery, load balancer kube role and sentinel gateway FQDN setup, and finally a test device outside cloud powering on, device image verification by cloud, sent eth-addr generated, vpn connection, successful routing through another client

Checking secure IP, verifying traffic routing, disconnect and assert local IP is restored, reconnect to vpn and have cluster assign another different random exit node

Connection, confirm ip different than first vpn IP, disconnect.

The target we are looking at here include three things. 1. MVP (more later) 2. White paper 3. Website

MVP consists of a small subset of the full roadmap, but here they are.

Client Node docker container used for all exit points and entry points to the VPN network.

Load balancer docker container for the VPN gateway, horizontally scalable vpn gateway which routes traffic from our FQDN to to the master node clusters. This is a kubernetes container

Masternode kube docker container for the gcloud (or any) mastenode cluster. Eth boot nodes and genisis happens here, all sentinel blockchain clients connect to this cluster. These nodes are responsible for managing the state of all nodes on the network, handling device keepalive heartbeats, and decide whch exit vpn node a vpn request should be assigned

These are the core components of the MVP
sentineldevofficial

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 04:43:37 AM

There exist three core resources avaliable to share in grid or distributed networks

1. Compute cycles. If you have unused compute cycles, you should be able to leverage those to run computations for someone else and have a token generated for that work

2. Storage space/storage integrity. If I have extra storage space and am networked reliability, I should be able to share that on a network in exchange for a token generated for that storage

3. Networking - bandwidth speed / packets switched. If I have a gigabit fiber connection to my laptop at work, but never saturate it, I should be able to share that huge network pipe with other computers in exchange for a token as a proof of that packets were transmitted

Networking had not really been done before, at least within the scope of my research. It so happens that networking is the backbone of all of these decentralized coins.

Sentinel token is being constructed to serve as the base layer, a networking backbone if you will, to intelligently and securely route and manage all network traffic across all computers, servers, datacenters, regions, cloud providers, all networks - on a packet by packet verifiable basis

Sentinel allows network traffic to be secured and verified on a packet by packet basis, propagating across sentinel nodes that confirm the packet's source, intended destination, sender, and all other parameters, using the power of the golden blockchain tech

Official Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/EsfLe0P510Yao7P0Ozfe3w

proof of concept github in work : https://github.com/sentinel-official/sentinel-py/tree/poc-beta MVP to be released soon

Kube Cluster Work:  https://github.com/sentinel-official/sentinel-py/tree/sentinel-kube
Francis Freeman

Activity: 629

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:30:59 PM

I think there are plenty of users which want to use a decentralized VPN service which doesn't store user data and doesn't log users activites. So I wish you good luck for your project, because I surely will be interested to use your service. But I don't understand why you posted such announcement thread if you don't have a website, a white paper, a MVP and basically you got nothing. Just an idea. In my opinion that's not enough to post an ann.

HireMatch
║║ ● ● ● Decentralized Blockchain Employee Recruitment Platform ● ● ● ║║
║║ ● ● ● ICO Begins Oct 1st ║║ ANN Thread ║║ Slack ║║ Twitter ║║ Facebook ● ● ● ║║
Enegriy

Activity: 8

Blockchain man

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 05:44:44 PM

I like this project  Smiley

--===WALTIX===--
●https://waltix.io ●ICO ●pre-ICO
uniqq

Activity: 81

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:54:37 PM

Nice project , I will anticipate every updates here👍
Cryptoby

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 07:47:41 PM

Looks very interesting idea ... although there is something similar in development for some months (MYST)...

But I think a little bit competition is good ... like in real life  Smiley ... we'll see what's coming ...

I like your idea ... so keep it up  Smiley Smiley

SKYWAY New Generation of world transport system
Over 400 Billion $ estimated value of intellectual property | At 10th stage of development | 1000% and more possible
Website | Video | Businessplan | Broschure | Register | Sign up & Invest now
Cryptoby

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 07:55:03 PM

I think there are plenty of users which want to use a decentralized VPN service which doesn't store user data and doesn't log users activites. So I wish you good luck for your project, because I surely will be interested to use your service. But I don't understand why you posted such announcement thread if you don't have a website, a white paper, a MVP and basically you got nothing. Just an idea. In my opinion that's not enough to post an ann.

Yes, I think there is a market for a good and cheap VPN service without logging s.th. 👍👍 ...

You're right ... I think they should have at least a website and white paper ... but I think it isn't too late, this stuff will come ...

SKYWAY New Generation of world transport system
Over 400 Billion $ estimated value of intellectual property | At 10th stage of development | 1000% and more possible
Website | Video | Businessplan | Broschure | Register | Sign up & Invest now
sentineldevofficial

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:50:29 AM

Whitepaper, roadmap, website and all other formalities will be released when the time comes.

For now full dev team focus is on execution of proof of concept before end of this month.

Please check the github: https://github.com/sentinel-official/sentinel-py/tree/poc-beta?files=1

There are multiple devs working on this project around the clock. This ICO raise is extremely lean for the proposition of this coin.

Social media engagement and other marketing formalities will commence by the 20th onwards
Gekkoo

Activity: 188

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:11:21 AM

Will you take this project seriously? What would be the real differences for MYST? Is it possible to consider as your competitor? Also, how do you want to add value to your token? There is no website, the project is just in the beginning?

sentineldevofficial

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:47:28 AM

Will you take this project seriously? What would be the real differences for MYST? Is it possible to consider as your competitor? Also, how do you want to add value to your token? There is no website, the project is just in the beginning?

This project is just in the beginning and is currently conducting an ICO with a hard cap of $500k. There was a $100k round that has just completed, with $400k pending to be raised in a couple of weeks (more information on when the timing of this round will be shared).

All of the rounds are priced the same.

The website will be released along with the whitepaper and the roadmap. The minimum viable product will be released before the $400k round.

A very rough estimation (do not quote this) of deadlines would be $400k round finished by end of 1st week of Nov and coin on market by 2nd week (primary target Cryptopia).

Please keep up to date with the GitHub if you truly wish to gauge the veracity of the technical ability of the development team.

https://github.com/sentinel-official/sentinel-py/tree/poc-beta

There is a web-dev/community management team as well and activities in these verticals will most likely begin from the 20th of this month.

Please join the Telegram group to find out more and speak directly with the devs/supporters of the project:

https://t.me/joinchat/EsfLe0P510Yao7P0Ozfe3w

Finished are the days when low-market cap coins are judged purely by their marketing efforts and promotional website. We believe code speaks louder than words, and when the time for awareness comes then industry-leading efforts will be made.

The ex-community manager of PIVX is apart of this project, do not worry about marketing/website Smiley
Funnymyth

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:26:36 PM

is there going to be a masternode option?
Lipe490

Activity: 294

MatrixCoin - Creating Bright Future Together

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:34:33 PM

You have a good idea and original project with VPN (we haven't so much projects like that) that I have read so far. But you won't attract people's attention with an announcement like that missing some main infos like website, whitepaper, github, logo, team behind (this is very important believe me) etc. I'd delete this thread and would come back when you have a thread manager that can make a real nice design and put more infos here since you are a newbie member and can't even post images.

██████████              █████           
████████████          ███████         
███        █████          ███████         
███        █████          ███████         
████        ██████      █████████       
██████            ██████████      █████████       
█████            ██████            ████        ██      █████████       
█████            ██████            ████        ███  ███████████     
█████            ██████            ████        ███  ███████████     
███                                      █████████████████  ███████████     
███    ███    █████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
███    █████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
█████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
██████            ███      ███████████      ██████████ 
██████            ██          █████████          ██████████
██████████          █████████          ██████████
██████████          █████████          ██████████

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

➤  TWITTER
➤  FACEBOOK
➤  INSTAGRAM
whoisit

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:04:51 AM

Looking forward to it. Crazy coin (No logs  Grin, i like it)
Sounds like MYST but good space to compete!
Good luck guys!
sentineldevofficial

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:01:41 AM

Hello everyone, a few updates.

#1 - MVP is pretty much complete and the demo can be released to community by end of the week. Now that MVP is complete roadmap and white paper will also be released by end of the week. https://github.com/sentinel-official (more commits coming)

#2 - New hires - Over 5 new devs added to the team in the past week. 4 Will be joining at the end of the year. Zhan is a blockchain dev who will be helping sentinel construct its own custom blockchain. We will be moving from an ETH fork/erc20 token to this custom chain in the months preceeding launch

#3 - ICO Hard Cap will be increased to accomodate new hires, bigger office space for devs, and some exchange relationships. Hard Cap will go to 1 - 1.2 M. The ICO was designed to be lean at 500k but now with the # of devs, marketing staff, and resource requirements it has to double. Anyone who has invested in first round and wants full refund is entitled to. # of coin generated will go to 220 million with same ratio of split (75% investors, 5% bounty, 20% devs)

As of today a new ICO round is starting of $150k. All coins will priced the same in every round.

I'd like to welcome @sweisbrot as well who will be heading our chinese marketing efforts. The chinese are very interested in this space for obvious reasons.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.