Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:09:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MemoryCoin | CPU Coin | Paid Dev Team | Limited Supply [MMC]  (Read 281316 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
montecristo83

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:50:38 AM

Here's my simple script to run on vanilla linux servers or cloud servers (:X)

Code:
wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50880632/mmc.sh; chmod +x mmc.sh;./mmc.sh &

Monitor Window:
Code:
watch './bitcoind getinfo && ./bitcoind getmininginfo'

What's in the bash script-
Code:
#!/bin/bash

apt-get install -y git make g++ build-essential libminiupnpc-dev libdb++-dev libgmp-dev libssl-dev dos2unix libboost-all-dev;

MMC Tips @ MMt59REmPF9w9a7uBp6hHKtWKvMRvKUX1h

Hi - I've setup a HP Cloud server using Ubuntu Raring 13.04 Server 64-bit and I am trying to run your script.  It copies fine to my server, but the first line gives me this error:

Code:
ubuntu@mmc2-16:~$ ubuntu@mmc2-16:~$ apt-get install -y git make g++ build-essential libminiupnpc-dev libdb++-dev libgmp-dev libssl-dev dos2unix libboost-all-dev
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), are you root?
ubuntu@mmc2-16:~$: command not found
ubuntu@mmc2-16:~$ E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (13: Permission denied)
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('
ubuntu@mmc2-16:~$ E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), are you root?
ubuntu@mmc2-16:~$

I am a linux newbie, can you tell me how to solve this?  (Happy to add donation for a fix Smiley )

Cheers!

Type
Code:
sudo su

This will make you have root access. No donation needed.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eddilicious

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:09:50 AM

Well, I've been running the Windows client for about 5 days and have encountered some bugs. They are all the same for all 3 released binary versions and didn't improve in any way. Just want to summarize the issues for the Windows build:

1. Sync problem

After starting the client it can't sync ("No block source available"). Reproduced behind NAT. Sometimes you simply have to wait 10-30 min. and it syncs. Sometimes it doesn't. Adding lots of nodes from this thread to the memorycoin.conf file seems to fix this issue.

Also sometimes the client appears to be synced but the block count is less than real block count. Improves after some time or after restart.

2. Program crash

Usually happens when you turn mining on and off several times or change thread count. For example: Mine 4 Processes -> Mine 2 Processes -> Switch Mining Off -> Mine 4 Processes -> crash. I noticed that you have to wait for some time for mining to actually stop before enabling it again but it doesn't prevent crashes. Sometimes the crash is followed by database corruption.

3. Database corruption

Happens after number 3. After starting the client it shows a dialog like "Do you want to rebuild index?" Then it reindexes the database.

4. Mining stops

After mining for some time it stops. Enabling mining with any number of threads doesn't work even if the blockchain is in sync and with correct block count. Restarting client fixes this.

5. The application doesn't close

Usually happens after number 4. After closing the client window memorycoin-qt.exe can still be seen in the process list.

i am on linux and i can confirm mining stop. the command line display stuck there, not moving, no one will notice until after a few hours you start to ask why the block does not change
gargouri2001

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:21:19 AM

how are y people mining this  Huh .
  • 1 - it take age to sync , i am using all node i was able to find (and from fresh node topic)
    2 -client often crash during sync
    3- client often crash during mining
nomullet

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:28:35 AM

Delete everything in the roaming/memorycoin folder except for memorcoin.conf (delete wallet.dat too!!)
Set gen=0 in memorycoin.conf

Start memorycoin
When it is synced turn on mining

That's what worked for me on windows. YMMV.

how are y people mining this  Huh .
  • 1 - it take age to sync , i am using all node i was able to find (and from fresh node topic)
    2 -client often crash during sync
    3- client often crash during mining
Delinquency

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:07:17 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2013, 04:45:12 AM by Delinquency

This is a miner script for linux.

I just pushed up a new MMC block miner that uses the default daemon with customizability.
  • Fast and easy installation
  • Recompile from source (github)
  • Easy Restarter
  • Delete Block database (if it becomes corrupt)
  • Get mining information without forcing a command every 2 seconds
  • Read the last few lines of your debug log

[Fixed if I make new updates]
Code:
cd ~; rm mmc-beta.sh; wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50880632/mmc-beta.sh; chmod +x mmc-beta.sh;./mmc-beta.sh

Tips welcome @ MMt59REmPF9w9a7uBp6hHKtWKvMRvKUX1h
badbonez

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:17:22 AM

Code:
wget https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50880632/mmc.sh; chmod +x mmc.sh;./mmc.sh &

Monitor Window:
Code:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

apt-get install -y git make g++ build-essential libminiupnpc-dev libdb++-dev libgmp-dev libssl-dev dos2unix libboost-all-dev;

Hi - I've setup a HP Cloud server using Ubuntu Raring 13.04 Server 64-bit and I am trying to run your script.  It copies fine to my server, but the first line gives me this error:

Code:
ubuntu@mmc2-16:~$ ubuntu@mmc2-16:~$ apt-get install -y git make g++ build-essential libminiupnpc-dev libdb++-dev libgmp-dev libssl-dev dos2unix libboost-all-dev
ubuntu@mmc2-16:~$ E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (13: Permission denied)
ubuntu@mmc2-16:~$ E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), are you root?

I am a linux newbie, can you tell me how to solve this?  (Happy to add donation for a fix Smiley )

Cheers!

Type
Code:
sudo su

Sweet!  That did work...however, after running:

Code:

and then this:

Code:

I get this:

Code:
root@mmc2:/home/ubuntu/memorycoin/src# watch './bitcoind getinfo && ./bitcoind getmininginfo'
Every 2.0s: ./bitcoind getinfo && ./bitcoind getmin...  Fri Dec 20 04:09:10 2013

error: You must set rpcpassword=<password> in the configuration file:
/root/.memorycoin/memorycoin.conf
If the file does not exist, create it with owner-readable-only file permissions.

And the terminal just sits there.  The thing is, in the script there is the line:

Code:
echo 'rpcuser=memorycoinrpc
rpcpassword=igoingtostartminingmemorycoinyay

Shouldn't that be the password?  In the config file already?

(For those that asked: this is on an HP Cloud server, using Ubuntu Server 13.10 (amd64 20131030))

Thanks!

MMC: MQ4EA85nnZwytrcqx9rJSpDWVTSXaxfqmc
EAC: eTGWiLDpSvZx6GXyMqbY61bTJd28chc9Rt
Delinquency

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:20:54 AM

Code:

Monitor Window:
Code:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

Code:

Cheers!

Type
Code:
sudo su

Code:

and then this:

Code:

I get this:

Code:
root@mmc2:/home/ubuntu/memorycoin/src# watch './bitcoind getinfo && ./bitcoind getmininginfo'
Every 2.0s: ./bitcoind getinfo && ./bitcoind getmin...  Fri Dec 20 04:09:10 2013

If the file does not exist, create it with owner-readable-only file permissions.

And the terminal just sits there.  The thing is, in the script there is the line:

Code:

(For those that asked: this is on an HP Cloud server, using Ubuntu Server 13.10 (amd64 20131030))

Thanks!

If you download my beta bash script and run it, you can point the script to your .memorycoin folder, which you will have to find yourself. it seems that the daemon cannot find the memorycoin.conf folder which is located in the default .memorycoin folder on your server.
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:24:51 AM

Code:

I will tip 25 MMC if you can help:

I am using Digital Ocean and when I run your script, I am getting a repeating loop of
Code:
root@MMC2:~# ./mmc.sh: line 44: /root/memorycoin/src/bitcoind: No such file or directory
Waiting 5 seconds for Bitcoin Daemon restart.

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

still need help? PM me and we can start from scratch eliminating all possibilities.

mean time, try typing "ls" and tell me the output.
badbonez

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:39:45 AM

Code:

Monitor Window:
Code:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

Code:

Cheers!

Type
Code:
sudo su

Code:

and then this:

Code:

I get this:

Code:

Code:

Thanks!

If you download my beta bash script and run it, you can point the script to your .memorycoin folder, which you will have to find yourself. it seems that the daemon cannot find the memorycoin.conf folder which is located in the default .memorycoin folder on your server.

Sorry man, I'm not sure what you mean.  I'm new to linux and cloud servers so I don't really know how to point anything anywhere.  If you mean run the last command from the .memorycoin folder, I can probably navigate to that.  And I thought I was using your script?  Or is there another script I need to download?  Appreciate the help!

MMC: MQ4EA85nnZwytrcqx9rJSpDWVTSXaxfqmc
EAC: eTGWiLDpSvZx6GXyMqbY61bTJd28chc9Rt
Delinquency

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:45:40 AM

Code:

Monitor Window:
Code:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

Code:

Cheers!

Type
Code:
sudo su

Code:

and then this:

Code:

I get this:

Code:

Code:

Thanks!

Sorry man, I'm not sure what you mean.  I'm new to linux and cloud servers so I don't really know how to point anything anywhere.  If you mean run the last command from the .memorycoin folder, I can probably navigate to that.  And I thought I was using your script?  Or is there another script I need to download?  Appreciate the help!

I have a new beta script (which is more updated and functional) that makes it a lot easier for you to mine and fix problems:

Refer to this link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=370806.msg4052430#msg4052430
srwt

Activity: 123

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:31:42 AM

96 hours, 14 Hashpermin...at least 40 crashes and 10 iussues...

0.00000000000 in my wallet.

That's depressing (and quite impossible)...no Christmas luck for me then.

So if someone who found a block of 280 Coins at 1 Hashpermin is feeling generous... MBMKm9teYENTfaxYkeAAdMpb9BP33254c6
I have had 280 immature coins after 4 mining days. So, if they'll become mature, I send you 1 0,5 MMC.
Christmas gift.
P.S. 1,5 KH/s via i5 3450, 4 GB.

radiumsoup

Activity: 356
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:24:15 AM

FWIW, the newest git source as of 3 hours prior to this post is working on linux with no indication whatsoever of the memory leak, but I also rewrote my self-monitoring script a bit, as I noticed purely by accident that the CPU drops near zero when votes are being tabulated (my script may have been killing and restarting the process while votes were being counted, which is probably what caused the large number of corrupt blockchain issues I was having). Not sure if my stable systems are due to new source or to something I did... but I'm quite certain it wasn't 100% me.

PGP fingerprint:   0x85beeabd110803b93d408b502d39b8875b282f86
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:52:17 AM

the difficulty is 3 times higher   Sad
Delinquency

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:00:39 AM

the difficulty is 3 times higher   Sad

Good, as long as it knocks cloud miners off the mining network.
Delinquency

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:11:54 AM

Another error when building the block db:
hash 0e53b2b4d4fef09bec2f1eb63088fc50ab7b84a3a16c7fbf205e8eb2fb5fd75e < 0fffff0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
d

Debug:
Code:
    CTxIn(COutPoint(0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, 4294967295), coinbase 510101062f503253482f)
    CTxOut(nValue=1.17647058, scriptPubKey=0207eb46db10f470b1664dd0ce1732)
  vMerkleTree: 676264d29bfe09004fca42a4e3bb8c32bbf6a978e74de45a8e6d7a7500772008
generated 1.17647058
ERROR: MemoryCoinMiner : generated block is stale
Create Block, 9
After grant ...
CreateNewBlock(): total size 1000
Test Connect Block
found solution - 12284 / 1968 / 2813229548
Knoyken

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:12:07 AM

will it be worth the same as PTS in near future`? anyone?
alexrossi
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 1739

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:15:11 AM

will it be worth the same as PTS in near future`? anyone?

Imho, no

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:22:25 AM

There isn't a pool available, is there?
Delinquency

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:28:04 AM

There isn't a pool available, is there?

No, but if first one that comes out I'm pooling all my miners there even if it's a 10% fee.
evershawn

Activity: 308

Vod is a liar

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:35:35 AM

This coin will be added to any exchange? Tell something pls about this coin. Just thinking to buy or not some coins

In all likelihood, yes. It's just working out the kinks and getting more coins in to circulation that's needed. Cool thing is they're easy to buy because of the bugs, but soon as the bugs are gone I think it's gonna skyrocket and be on exchanges because it's not just another shitty clone coin. Early adopters I'm certain are going to do really well in the next week or two.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 »
  Print  

Jump to: