Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:31:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quark Coin Dev Says its a SCAM "Kolin and Max have disappeared"  (Read 13868 times)
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 10:51:17 AM

They were a bunch of trolls (members of a alternate "Dev" team )  that Tricked Max into making them "mods" on the forum - its been fun , but now its over sadly  : (

oh well time to get on with the important work we were doing any way .....

it was entertaining watching them try as hard as they did but -  : D

i thought it would be better if we let them go ha ha -

guys thank you , i love this stuff , it make it all worth while -

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:21:14 AM

Or they are here to protect their investment?
Who knows.
serrveraside

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 04:03:24 PM

I am still active. Sounds like more FUD.

Why are some wallets not syncing?  Please fix, or at least address this...
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:20:02 PM

All I see is a coin war going on, somebody is willing to spend BTC to run this coin into the dirt while somebody is willing to spend it to prop it up, what would be interesting to see is some well known figures in the BTC community that have no stake in alt's come out and give the Alt investing folks a rundown about the security of the network compared to others with an unbiased objective approach, we have not seen this yet, I do see people attack it and they may have a good position to do so, but, they do it with unfounded allegations (or buried in the past reason's) and i see supporter's that cannot put in layman's term's the benefit this particular coin has compared to others, the random hashing of multiple types of encryption make it appear as a good solid possible (as alt's go), if the above thread makes any sense lay it out for me, i hold about 550 QRK, wow right? if you followed this alt then you know as well as me that several people holding other alt's are dead set against it, makes alot of sense to paint a bright target against your competitor, WARNING!!!! Your trading action playing with this supposedly unregulated currency may bring civil and/or criminal charges! (just saying) any and all exchanges are subject to any/all International law and any court that wishes to subpoena server information may do so if a court action is triggered by any person within its jurisdiction (just saying), as banks and governments put out warnings across the globe about crypto currency they gather information about the players, traders, distributors, and developers, if you own any alt coins - that information is stored somewhere, if you have used your holdings to manipulate a pump and dump in an unethical way then you might be in the same class as DPR, a class that is split into 2 category's: 1. Ignorant to the real possibilty's 2. so far gone they do not care.
With all that said, I still think QRK is a good coin, I happen to like its random multi hashing and I hope my 550 coins will be worth something someday (looking off into the distance).

Might want to learn about paragraphs - it helps to prevent TL;DR syndrome.

peterlustig

Activity: 812

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:20:23 PM

Max (the real dev) posted today. More FUD plz.  Roll Eyes

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
saamxx

Activity: 546
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:29:37 PM

Thanks to OP  for good opportunity to buy quark more cheap) -x1.5
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:35:04 PM

UP ANOTHER 20% ON THE QRK WAVES - THANKS QRK FUDSTERS Smiley

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:49:39 PM

looks like this news (now refuted) induced a sell off today causing price to crash 50%

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:10:42 PM

OP that guy isn't even the main dev. The main dev of Quark is Max Guevara. This guy on reddit just wanted to spread more FUD.
peterlustig

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:15:43 PM

looks like this news (now refuted) induced a sell off today causing price to crash 50%
Can't wait for btc38 and the additional chinese volume, weak hands will be sorry.  Grin

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
EntropyExtropy

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 05:46:11 PM

I would suggest that people read http://forum.qrk.cc/post/8142

It's a collated post regarding all of the research that went in to the blockchain audit and the resultant findings.

What individuals on the outside don't see are the private forums/messages/irc logs from individuals who stepped up to the plate in order to get development started again. If you look at the codebase, you'll notice that there haven't been any commits to any files since the initial release in July, with the exception of the addition of a few seed nodes. If you compared the codebase to SIFcoin, Quark's predecessor, you'll find that the codebase is, in most cases, identical. This is the nature of altcoins, many of them are copies of one another.

I bring this up to clarify that there was no active development between release and last week. In our effort to get development started again, we tried to reach out to Kolin and Max. And they would pop up here and there, but were, in general either hard to get in touch with, or it was hard to get them to answer specific questions.

We know that Kolin bribed Bill Still; the thread is still on Bitcointalk. We know that the difficulty skyrocketed in the initial days and the growth curve indicates that half, if not more, of the coins were mined in the initial month. We know that there's a single mining pool that constitutes 90% of the network and that the multiple big-rig workers are, most likely, Kolin's. There are many, many circumstential factors that need to be rebutted, but they... haven't been.

I'll be glad to answer any questions that people have, either here or through PM.
peterlustig

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:51:48 PM

There were no fixes because there is nothing to fix.  Roll Eyes Also, checkpoints.
That FAQ is ridiculous and a lot of it is pure bs (unable to mine after 24h, out of reach for home users after a short time etc., that is pure opinion and has nothing to do with a fact sheet). Here's a fact for you: Anyone who pointed a decent CPU (i.e. dual core 2+Ghz) at QRK in the first weeks of QRK and kept mining and holding, is a rich man now. How is that out of reach for home users?

How dare you call yourself QRK dev, what changes did you commit to the git? None:
https://github.com/MaxGuevara/quark/commits/master
Max did quite a few, so STFU with your FUD.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
EntropyExtropy

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 06:03:11 PM

If you don't see that there's a technical forum full of pleas for people who are having issues with wallets, sending transactions, quark disappearing, etc., then it's easy to say that there's nothing to 'fix'. But, further, a coin's intrinsic value derives from continued development of that coin; the introduction of new features, refinements in client, etc. There was no active, forward development of quark.

I will say that development does not end with code improvement. Development extends to coordination and management, infrastructure improvements, public relations and branding, etc. None of which happened during the period between launch and November. When I stepped in to the Quark project, I helped to bootstrap community development while we frantically tried to find Max. I got our IRC development channels up and running, did outreach, did a code audit, pushed for and worked on the blockchain audit, etc.

I highly suggest you look at the audit of the blockchain. It's very telling. When we claim that 100 wallets (not people, wallets) holding 60% of the monetary supply isn't 'bad' because other coins are similar, we should also remember that other coins still have the prospect for participation in mining, whereas Quark does not.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 06:04:40 PM

OP that guy isn't even the main dev. The main dev of Quark is Max Guevara. This guy on reddit just wanted to spread more FUD.

He is not any Dev he was just a troll that Max was tricked into making a Mod ,..

Would have got away with it too , if it wasn't for you meddling kids !

: D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
peterlustig

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:16:12 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 06:36:16 PM by peterlustig

All transaction issues stem from people using p2pools and sending too large amounts made of too many small transactions at once. The wallets can be fixed by -salvagewallet, you know that I guess and maybe a sticky for that issue would help. Blabla intrinsic values, a coin is a coin and fancy new wallet features are often just cosmetics. QRK is innovative enough on it's own (Sifcoin clone blabla).

I saw the news about 59% (not 60) being in 100 wallets. Some of them are lost (I personally know a friend who formatted a drive with over 30k on it because they were worth nothing to him), some are hoarded. If you did an audit of Bitcoin's blockchain in 2010, the distribution would look similar or worse I guess. QRK can still be mined btw and will be mined forever, as there's no coin cap.

In a few posts you'll probably try to promote the coin you are invested the most in, or why would you need to talk so much bad and wrong stuff about QRK?

@digitalindustry  thx for explaining, didn't follow QRK too closely when the price was really low. I bet he regrets that decision.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:25:08 PM

Thanks to OP  for good opportunity to buy quark more cheap) -x1.5

Thanks to a loser who doesn't care how is actions affect others?

I know half of you are pimply faced teenagers, but the rest of us eventually learned that people who act like that are slobs who ruin life for everyone else.

This is basic business ethics 101.   But clearly his mom and dad failed as parents.  Feel sorry for the guy.

Or at least, the Reddit people he linked to.

A good friend of mine saw the post and cashed out a ton of his coins because of it.  I wasn't able to because the stupid Quark QT app sucks ass, and couldn't find a connection for over an hour.  Then Cryptsy took over 3 hours to receive the transfer. So I couldn't get my coins in.

But my friend sold his and lost $$$$ of of dollars.  So its on his behalf that I post these overdramatic messages.

Stop being losers.  You know who you are.

Let the coins succeed or fail on their own merits.  Ever since getting into this "crypto" scene ive seen more of the underbelly of human morality than I've seen in the last 10 years of my life.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:34:27 PM

I don't really get this thread.  The OP must have known that both Kolin and max post here daily.
He was certain to look like a fool, so why make it?  I am not a Quark fanboy, I don't love the distribution, but I do love the speed.

Bitcoin is far too slow, Quarks solve this.  One fast coin will suceed in my opinion, maybe quark will be it.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:45:35 PM

@EntropyExtropy You are a shame. I'm glad FUD spreading trolls like you eventually show themselfs. Way to go pretending like you care and then trying to bash it on r/bitcoin. You won't succeed. Quark is growing everyday. Quarks dev is Max and he is legit.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: