Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:55:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Pool Profitability Chart - Nicehash vs Ahashpool vs MiningPoolHub  (Read 792 times)
Coins4Days (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 27

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 01:08:29 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 01:06:18 AM by Coins4Days

Link of image in case it's too small: https://imgur.com/a/oiFdq

Here is hopefully a definitive answer to whether NiceHash is more or less profitable than some other popular multi-algo mining pools. I produced a chart (normalizing the start balance in each pool to zero) over the gains from a few days:

https://imgur.com/a/oiFdq
(monitoring was off between 5am and 8am on 21st February hence the slight jump there)

This data is a few days old now but the principle is valid.

Methodology:

One GTX 1070 per pool. All pools mined simultaneously.
All pools set to BTC payout where applicable.
Awesome Miner Professional Edition used as front-end. I selected miners that are benchmarked most profitable for each card as follows:
Excavator 1.4.4a - LyraREv2, Neoscrypt
CcMiner Alexis - Nist5, Quark, Qubit
DSTM Zcash Cuda Miner - Equihash (for me this is slightly faster than the EWBF version)
DaggerHashimoto / Ethhash - Claymore Dual Ethereum Miner
CcMiner - all other algorithms

The chart includes MPH's 0.9% + 0.2% exchange fees, and AHashPool's 1% fee. It does not include NiceHash's 2% fee as this is charged when disbersed to the internal wallet. None of the amounts consider any withdrawal fees.

The balances were obtained by querying each pool's API every 60 seconds.

There is no question that NiceHash is the most profitable "pool". It's interesting that so many experienced miners claim otherwise, as I've only been mining for two months myself and the data is available for all to see if you take the time to research it. NiceHash is - as others have mentioned - more profitable because buyers currently overpay for hashrate. The situation may or may not change in future.

Please note that the chart for AMD cards will look different, and also note that if you use NHM or NHLM you may not be using the most profitable back-end miner especially if you are mining Equihash or DaggerHashimoto.

Excavator specifically blocks use for mining on MPH so I made a workaround to enable that, so all miners were available for all pools.

Switching parameters:
- 15 minute interval
- 10% profit switch threshold

Hardware:
- 3x Asus GTX 1070 Dual OC
- 80% TDP, +90 core clock, +400 mem clock

For anyone considering switching to another pool, I hope this experiment helps inform your decisionmaking.

OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/NiceHash/comments/811wmo/mining_pool_profitability_chart/

This is some very nice data for profit switching miners. Use it to the best of your ability. It looks like Nicehash offers the best profits overall? OP has stated that they will retry this test with more GPUs when they get their hands on them in a few weeks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:22:31 PM

Very interesting data!
I still strongly believe that nicehash fees are too high and I prefer to mine on pools on which I have better control.
But I agree that if you wanna easily mine BTC nicehash is definitely the best choice.

My opinion is just based on feelings and I did not gather detailed data as you did, so thank you.
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 01:34:24 PM
Merited by suchmoon (1)

Very interesting data!
I still strongly believe that nicehash fees are too high and I prefer to mine on pools on which I have better control.
But I agree that if you wanna easily mine BTC nicehash is definitely the best choice.

My opinion is just based on feelings and I did not gather detailed data as you did, so thank you.

Nicehash's fees have workarounds though if you live in certain places of the globe. For example, you can connect your Coinbase account to them and withdraw any earnings over 0.002 bitcoin with no fees. Then, once your earnings are in Coinbase, you can transfer them over to GDAX if you have an account there and send your bitcoin anywhere with no fees. The prerequisite though is you must have a verified account on Coinbases US-based exchange.

Otherwise, you are stuck paying a 5% fee if you are not a gigantic miner: https://www.nicehash.com/help/fees

5% is a high amount, I agree with you. However, Nicehash provides the most simple turn-key experience when it comes to mining. You don't have to know a thing to get into it. I used to mine with them, but some research has allowed me to move away and earn more on other pools.

coolncool75

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:12:45 PM

Very interesting data!

Nicehash's fees have workarounds though if you live in certain places of the globe. For example, you can connect your Coinbase account to them and withdraw any earnings over 0.002 bitcoin with no fees. Then, once your earnings are in Coinbase, you can transfer them over to GDAX if you have an account there and send your bitcoin anywhere with no fees. The prerequisite though is you must have a verified account on Coinbases US-based exchange.

Otherwise, you are stuck paying a 5% fee if you are not a gigantic miner: https://www.nicehash.com/help/fees

5% is a high amount, I agree with you. However, Nicehash provides the most simple turn-key experience when it comes to mining. You don't have to know a thing to get into it. I used to mine with them, but some research has allowed me to move away and earn more on other pools.

Hi, Yes I agree 5% is way too high.  Would you mind sharing your findings of your research.  Thank you.
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:10:17 PM
Merited by Coins4Days (1)

Sorry, Out of topic.  Cheesy  Just helping OP to add an image.
You were doing wrong to add images to your post.

e.g. for this image "https://imgur.com/a/oiFdq"

your BBCode:

Code:
[img]https://imgur.com/a/oiFdq[/img]

You are using wrong images location link (your url is, link to the page that shows your image), you need a link directly to images itself. How to do it? When you finished uploading your image to imgur.com, navigate your cursor to the up-right corner of your image, then chose "Get Shared links" choose "BBCode (Forums)" copy it and paste to your post (has been included with BBCode). Or, you can right-click your image, choose "Copy image address" and paste in the middle of image BBCode.

Here's the right code:

Code:
[img width=600]https://i.imgur.com/bWYVpcx.png[/img]

I was decreasing your image size with decrease width to 600. Your image too large.

I didn't really focus on your post content, I'll check those Reddit post. Thanks for sharing, by the way.  Smiley
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:47:57 AM

Are you the OP from reddit? That guy did good work trying as much as possible to control all variables. Great job to him.

To summarize everything in the article and what you said:
Nicehash is the most profitable multi-algo pool to mine on and could even be more profitable if you connect your coinbase account to your withdrawals.

Sounds about right?
Coins4Days (OP)

bit.ly/Coins4Hash

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 01:12:05 AM

Are you the OP from reddit? That guy did good work trying as much as possible to control all variables. Great job to him.

To summarize everything in the article and what you said:
Nicehash is the most profitable multi-algo pool to mine on and could even be more profitable if you connect your coinbase account to your withdrawals.

Sounds about right?

First of all, thank you for helping me embed the image correctly. Much appreciated.

I am not the OP of the Reddit post, I did give credit in the OP of this bitcointalk thread, though. I am not trying to steal credit - simply was trying to give precious data to the eyes that need it.

Your summary is correct at the time of when this data was published. Things have taken a dive since then with mining profitability altogether, unfortunately. However, I still think it is correct to this day. If someone is paying a premium for your hashrate for certain coins, you are making more than mining coins on that algorithm itself, right? The answer is most of the time. WhatToMine has all the data you need for this. But, instead of playing a guessing game of when to sell coins or hoping they don't crash if you hodl, you get a straight payout in bitcoin. The overall earnings must be better since the emotional aspect of selling coins isn't as nearly as big of an issue compared to just keeping your btc. The last sentence is an opinion.

andrew4

Activity: 176
Merit: 20

Knowledge is power

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:25:00 PM

I mine ETH on nanopool with a Radeon RX570 4gb and I make 40$ a month with current ETH prices. I tried nicehash miner "1.9.0.1 legacy" for a couple of hours just out of curiosity (added the electrity price too), and it gave me estimated profit of 50$ per month. Now I'm thinking to switch to nicehash after the next payout. Forgot to mention that my other 3 PC's were mining Zcash on nanopool but I switched them all to nicehash. More profit about 20%.

ZEL platform: Zelcash (ASIC resistant POW), Zelcore wallet, Nodes, DEX, DAPPS
https://zel.cash/ - https://twitter.com/Zelcash - https://discord.gg/rB9pr4M
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: