Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:53:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: #SaveTheBugle  (Read 1246 times)
tiberiandusk (OP)

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 02:19:15 AM

For those not in the know The Bugle is an incredibly funny podcast done by Andy Zaltzman and John Oliver of Daily Show fame (The Love Guru infamy). They were recently fired by the Times Online and have taken the podcast with them. They are doing it for free now but are asking for support on their website, thebuglepodcast.com #SaveTheBugle has become a popular hashtag on the tweets and I have suggested on their a few times that they should accept Bitcoin donations. No reply so far. Perhaps if we have a pile of bitcoins already donated they would be more interested. I have setup a donation bucket and if you make a donation post a tweet about it to @hellobuglers and tag it #SaveTheBugle.

The donation address is:  1ETB5moU8dRsG8t9XVyNiSXfs4Bvfbqyio

I have sent 1 BTC to it to get started.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 05:31:43 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2012, 06:01:12 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

For those not in the know The Bugle is an incredibly funny podcast done by Andy Zaltzman and John Oliver of Daily Show fame (The Love Guru infamy). They were recently fired by the Times Online and have taken the podcast with them. They are doing it for free now but are asking for support on their website, thebuglepodcast.com #SaveTheBugle has become a popular hashtag on the tweets and I have suggested on their a few times that they should accept Bitcoin donations. No reply so far. Perhaps if we have a pile of bitcoins already donated they would be more interested. I have setup a donation bucket and if you make a donation post a tweet about it to @hellobuglers and tag it #SaveTheBugle.

The donation address is:  1ETB5moU8dRsG8t9XVyNiSXfs4Bvfbqyio

I have sent 1 BTC to it to get started.

Bitcoin 100 is already set up to do just that, albeit for non-profits.

Being comedians, they can easily state that they don't want money (dollars, fiat, etc.)--they only accept Bitcoin. "Send us Bitcoins" would be their battle cry. Here's the kicker--they don't tell their viewers how to get Bitcoin or, for that matter, what Bitcoin is. Just supply an address on their site. That address would be plastered all over the place, besides their website. Their goal would to be the first two Bitcoinianaires (Bitcoin Comedian Millionaires). This way it allows their true followers to do the leg work to hunt down bitcoins, then tell others how to get their own. They could even claim that they want to corner the market on Bitcoin and try to get them all. They even have their own small rig hashing out coins (it doesn't have to be a real miner). Each week, they add to it, making it bigger. (being a podcast, they could simply show images on their website--or with a video) It'll be their way of sticking it up Times Online's ass. "See! We don't need your money! We make our own. And what we don't make, our viewers send to us. SO THERE, TIMES ONLINE!". (you get my gist with this idea)

Yes, I've done stand up comedy before (in Nashville), until I was told to sit down. I used to perform weekly at Faye Woodruff's venue until it was forced to closed. Why did it closed, you ask? Well, this black gentlemen used the f-bomb a lot one particular night. It was the same night that I had this great idea to augment my comedy routine. Suffice to say, management didn't like it. Either did the 100 seniors citizens in the lobby. Only if that door didn't lock behind me, perhaps they wouldn't have been so upset. Unfortunately I had to parade pass those poor souls, although I'm pretty sure I thought I saw one grandma donning a grin.  Grin

~Bruno~

EDIT: Then The Bugle duo introduce the new currency denomination--a "Bieb" (supplied by Casascius), worth 18 BTC, to celebrate Justin Bieber's 18th birthday this coming first of March.

tiberiandusk (OP)

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2012, 09:17:27 AM

Andy tweeted me back and said he's gonna ask the nerds to look into Bitcoin since he didn't know what it was. I told him he wouldn't have to give PayPal fees.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: