Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:39:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets  (Read 1636 times)
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:06:03 PM

yes i believe that since last year when the price was jumping rapidly they already manipulate it and the whales will always manipulating the price for their own advantages because the price will never so fluctuate if there is no manipulating price and they utilize some news to makes decission to dump or to pump

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
felixesteban

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:09:12 PM

I've been keeping my faith for a long time. Marketcap volume is very small compared to the real market, so it shouldn't be too hard for whales to manipulate the market. When market volume rises to trillion dollars in a few years, manipulation can eliminate.

▐ █   CoinFast   |   World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
●● ▬▬   Whitepaper   [  Join the Whitelist  ]   Telegram   ▬▬ ●●
Facebook   Instagram   Twitter   ANN Thread   Youtube   Medium
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:17:33 PM

Hi guys ,
Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets ?? Has any one noticed that the current bull run that has been on for the last few weeks comes to a halt every time it reaches the 10 k mark and slides down . My theory is that whales sell at 10k and then create fud so market slides down only to buy back and pump . What do you think ?
Well they can manipulate them market and they can do anything to make more profits but if they sell and create this FUD and no one succumbs and sell then its all of no effect.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:20:29 PM
Merited by neonshium (1)

Hi guys ,
Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets ?? Has any one noticed that the current bull run that has been on for the last few weeks comes to a halt every time it reaches the 10 k mark and slides down . My theory is that whales sell at 10k and then create fud so market slides down only to buy back and pump . What do you think ?
One thing we obviously cannot rule out. Yes, the whales manipulate the market. We cannot always believe it, but there are two sides to trading. Those who control the market and those who follow the trend and then investors are just there looking forward to the long term. Let me break it down a little. Traders make use of technical analysis to make a trade, whales implement those analyses for traders to see and then make decision on that.

Now, as a whale in a particular market, I will definitely know how to place these emotions in the market to spike some sell off or a buy in as the case may be, so I believe whales are really the main cause of market movement even though there may still be some other factors still being used by them.
snkneo

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:30:34 PM

I think this is all the doing of the Mt Gox lawyer. He moved more Bitcoin to sell, and then the price dropped.
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:33:38 PM

Hi guys ,

I think so, since whales have a huge amount of money, they can affect the market. Just imagine how many people panic sell whenever price goes down. So, I think whales have a great impact on cryptocurrency price.

ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:34:26 PM

Think? I am dead sure about it the long candles you see on the day charts is ofcourse not something done by normal or poor traders these are work of big whales who are always pumping and dumping the market. This thing happens so much in crypto is because its absolutely unregulated and no one really cares if you pump or dump market. Most of the times when you see big pumps in a day and big dumps in a day I am pretty sure solely charts and technical analysis aren't responsible for it. Whales are always at the work and begin to make money once the old money is finished.
mycomike12345

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:30:26 PM

Rich people can afford to buy more cryptocoins and it will create a high movements of price at the market, obviously price of cryptocoins at the market will rise because a huge volume of coins was invested. For me they are not manipulating the market, we are the same with them it's just they have the capacity to buy more cryptocoins. I invest cryptocoins because i want to earn by hodling and i think im a good trader also that knows how to observe and ride the trend of the market. Understand crypto world then come up a good strategy, patience always wins.
Cryptostocks

Activity: 195

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:48:23 PM

Nope, i do not think so, the market is full of fear at the moment, that is the reason of why we are seeing a lot of constantly changes on the price of almost every crypto everyday. I am not scared, and i would never sell.
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:00:32 PM

Of what happen to the market recently dump isn't not only by doing of whales. Although we think that they participation in the bull run  happenings but we can't just put everything to them.  A lot of factors that affect it's trend and isn't unusual thing happen in crypto.
Ahiaba

Activity: 447
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:01:25 PM

No doubt about it for Whales are out manipulate crypto currency market in their favour and at the detriment of those who are new in the crypto currency market trading. But some their manipulation will favour some people who are good in trading crypto currency and altcoins.
onemoretime8520

Activity: 265

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:35:14 PM

it is quite normal and it is happening, as there are not too much regulations in the market manipulating it is very easy and without any consequence. There is not any reason for whales why not to manipulate the market.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Nylelyn

Activity: 296
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:53:22 PM

I do believe that whales play vital role in manipulating the prices. These people will buy or sell in high volume of coins and everyone will come to notice that the market is moving fast. I like to watch and participate when this activity take place and take advantage to get some profit too. These people are also investors and promoters themselves that creates support for a purpose.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM ┃ TWITTER ┃ INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:15:02 PM

Hi guys ,

They actually have the ability, they can easily do the manipulation and make the price change frome time to time. There is no denying that if a person hokda greater volume, they can easily make large changes and difference in the price. Once the volume is equally distributed. The price might possibly get stable.
BLTC

Activity: 150
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:33:50 PM

Well, it's the same in the current economic system. Few family's is manipulating the market. And this is the same thing in the cryptocurrency world, whales are those people who have the most amount of stakes/holding that could affect the price if they move. Its always happening everywhere.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 Cowrium.net  ║A Multidimensional Blockchain & Smart Contract Innovation driven by Cowrie (https://www.cowrium.net/)
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:50:03 PM

Hi guys ,
No they can't manipulate the market 24 hrs. I think the market react depends on being in demand of it if many people invest on bitcoin so the market would increase their market cap and it is the reason of increasing the value for evey coin.
zxrcoin

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 03:22:34 PM

Yes I think they do. This whates have such big influence on market and they drop and rise the price according to their wish to earn more profit and general investors have to suffer for that. They sometimes create a fud for making business.
Zemomtum

Activity: 1316
Merit: 104

CitizenFinance.io

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:46:13 PM

If you are new to this kind of market then welcome to this kind of market because this is the behavior of the cryptocurrency, they are always get manipulated by the big players like those rich people from the other market who are trying to make some profits from the crypto and it is not often for me to see a real pump because it is more often manipulation.

Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:08:01 PM

If you are new to this kind of market then welcome to this kind of market because this is the behavior of the cryptocurrency, they are always get manipulated by the big players like those rich people from the other market who are trying to make some profits from the crypto and it is not often for me to see a real pump because it is more often manipulation.

With every market is being manipulated. Maybe there are free markets, but they are in control of someone,
like government. Do you know what monopolist is? They invented economy that we know today.
   With crypto-market whales, or we can give them any kind of name, manipulate, that is 100% accurate. How
that do it is known, with controlling supply & demand. To control it they need to have a lot of Bitcoin`s and a
lot of money, with Bitcoin`s they have they control supply, with money they control demand. Using mass medias
in manipulation is known as spinning news, and they are magicians on that field. They create panic or spread
fear is that suit their needs, with so many people that read news without thinking about it, doing that is not
so hard.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
airdrophunter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:49:06 PM

With bitcoin's market capitalization that big, i believe that whales do have big share on them so if some of these whales will move their bitcoin, then it can surely affect the cryptomarket as bitcoin's market value will also fluctuates.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: