Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:30:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets  (Read 1636 times)
ArteMixer

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 04:53:21 PM

I say why not, as they could just hire a manager to that for then and that is a very good passive income source, so I do not see the reason for them not to do that.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:41:45 PM

With bitcoin's market capitalization that big, i believe that whales do have big share on them so if some of these whales will move their bitcoin, then it can surely affect the cryptomarket as bitcoin's market value will also fluctuates.
We are just in the reality of crypto, of course whales have a huge capability of doing that since they have invested more than of us. And besides, we don't have any laws to stop them, is that their strategies anyway and they are just playing their money. But not all it matters to them, prices will fluctuate also anytime even without them.
how much coin they have? because it also has an effect, let alone now the marketcap getting bigger it's going to be more difficult to manipulate, it takes huge capital to make price manipulation, if they have nearly 10% of the total bitcoin, they might be able to manipulate the price by manipulating the demand and supply
Jaydis

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:45:47 PM

It's not possible for the whale to controlling or manipulating the market, and i guess that they know what their doing in the market, they know how to manipulate us and also controlling the market to give more excitement and other flavor to people get amaze and not stagnant in traditional way and i guess that they have a lot of surprises this year 2018 and I'm hoping for it. however we still to hold onto it and do our part being an investors.
Dasha88fed

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:05:17 PM

It's not possible for the whale to controlling or manipulating the market, and i guess that they know what their doing in the market, they know how to manipulate us and also controlling the market to give more excitement and other flavor to people get amaze and not stagnant in traditional way and i guess that they have a lot of surprises this year 2018 and I'm hoping for it. however we still to hold onto it and do our part being an investors.
The market can be manipulated by anyone who has enough money. By throwing a large number of Bitcoins on the stock exchange, they can lower its price and vice versa, buying it in large quantities can sharply raise its price. In the same way, its price can be kept in certain price ranges. Manipulating the media and their influence on people can also raise or lower the demand for cryptocurrency.
jimmybush07702

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:06:40 PM

I say for what reason not. as they could simply employ a chief to that for at that point and that is a decent easy revenue source.so I don't see the explanation behind them not.
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:11:43 PM

It is really possible if a whale is planning to sell of tens of thousands of bitcoin and it will reflect in the market and that is what we have seen in the market, Mt Gox have moved a lot of coins from their cold wallet and they might have sold their coins, the price would rebound like we have seen in the past.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:12:19 PM

Hi guys ,
Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets ?? Has any one noticed that the current bull run that has been on for the last few weeks comes to a halt every time it reaches the 10 k mark and slides down . My theory is that whales sell at 10k and then create fud so market slides down only to buy back and pump . What do you think ?

Certainly, in crypto market whales manipulates price. Already, for that, technique analysis doesn't work in cryptocurrency. If the value of crypto market increases, whales will not able to do itt easily. You can not hear a pump-dump in Forex because the market value is very high and you have to own the world for pump-dump the price of any currency.
thetruth123123

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 08:12:45 PM

I think they are, but if we will stop be in a short hold of them, listening every word  they say, theu would not be able anymore'
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:24:42 AM

I think this is all the doing of the Mt Gox lawyer. He moved more Bitcoin to sell, and then the price dropped.
Agree. The essence is for them to make profits too. I remember a thread someone once opened few days ago about how even us the traders are just at the mercy of whales and all we do is to do some educated gambles in the market with the help of the indicators, but as it is, obviously, the whales and institutions control every market since they have the upper hand and position and which even makes it easy for them in a smaller and decentralized market.
bowals

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 09:12:58 PM

I think I agree because btc is supposed to have crossed the 10k mark by now but here we are
bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:53:08 PM

Hi guys ,
Do you think the whales are manipulating the markets ?? Has any one noticed that the current bull run that has been on for the last few weeks comes to a halt every time it reaches the 10 k mark and slides down . My theory is that whales sell at 10k and then create fud so market slides down only to buy back and pump . What do you think ?
Those big players has a big impact in the market after they sold their bitcoin or other crypto expect the big dump but it is normal and that's their strategy, So the affected are the small player the only things we can do is to ignore negative news, hold, and patience because if we become panic seller we also contributed to the dump and the winner are those whales.
Coinredd

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:23:13 PM

With bitcoin's market capitalization that big, i believe that whales do have big share on them so if some of these whales will move their bitcoin, then it can surely affect the cryptomarket as bitcoin's market value will also fluctuates.
Yamifoud

Activity: 2730
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:26:41 PM

We can't just blame whales of making our market today so volatile but surely they contributed it much. Volatile is already presence since from the start, but it is getting worst as a lot of people engage in crypto. Anyway, isn't a big problem in here, the fact that we've been in crypto we have to accept it and enjoy the moment seeing market red and green in color.
naigelbit

Activity: 434

X-Block.io

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 03:29:01 AM

Not just only the Whale's manipulating the market count also those trader's and government. Government is the one who FUDD investor so that they panic sell there token or there bitcoin.
olalaMaty

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:53:58 AM

No i dont think so. no whale is manipulating the market, a respected businessman and respected technical analyst, believes there is no solid evidence to back up claims that whales and large investors have manipulated the bitcoin price or the broader electronic money market.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:57:25 AM

Yes! I so think so too. Whales actually control the prices of crypto currency by buying and selling at the most opportune time. Then again, it's also our fault for letting coins be available in the market. We should always hold and buy more so we take the control from the whales. Let's just stop panic selling and actually invest on crypto currency

Nyenyepogi

Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:56:38 AM

Hi guys ,
I think that too, but we need to be patience and right timing when to buy and sell our bitcoin because this kind of scenario is very common it crypto world and beside bitcoin is very volatile so better to hold our bitcoin and wait until it become profitable again.
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:32:51 AM

Absolutely yes, that's why the market in volatility and a total decline. Moreover, The whales ( capitalists ) always manipulating the prices of the  whole market especially Bitcoin, because everything is linked or related to the king BTC, when the wales sell a large amounts of Bitcoin, then all the market will fall, so there is a relation between the best cryptourreny (BTC)  and the followers ( like, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin....).

As a matter of fact, I think there are some goals of the capitalists, maybe when the market will fall with a huge value, then they will re-buy again a different crytocurrencies and at that moment, the majority of coins will rise with  an acceptable value (Big pump ) . so the  only appropriate choice in this bad situation is Holding, and if you want a big profit, be patient and wait for  the good surprise.
Cacao2017

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:47:19 AM

They are doing it since forever. If you believe in bitcoin what you and everybody else who believes too should do is to wait a few years because there has been voices ,just speculation that bitcoin price will be stable at 40.000 dollars in 2019 to 2020.

It is worth waiting a few years to get a considerable amount of money from your investment. This is also a very good time to buy bitcoin so do it if you can.
Whales are manipulating the market you suspect so personally, I'm also skeptical about this, but if we do not have evidence yet, we can not blame us at the level. The suspicion or suspicion that the whale market manipulation is a problem will have the high level they deal with
Kakawate

Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:46:28 AM

Hi guys ,

I think since these whales have the capability and the means to literally buy huge amount of coins, then I think they could manipulate the cryptomarket as everyone is saying, it is actually a sad story ro hear, that people are saying that cryptocurrency cannot be manipulated and yet here are these whales controlling the market.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: