Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:20:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where does Newegg get their balls big enough to double the prices?  (Read 4263 times)
rallasnackbar

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:28:02 PM

WHY CAN'T I GET BITCOINS FOR $10 EACH?

THEY USED TO BE $10 EACH AND NOW THEY'RE NOT $10 EACH ANYMORE.

GREEDY PEOPLE JACKIN' UP THEIR PRICES WHEN I NEED $10 BITCOINS!

Cheesy

^^
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Desensitizer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:19:11 PM

Like all big resallers Newegg works off supply and demand. There is a reason they raised the price of those cards so much, and the fact is that people want them. It sucks to be on the side of the consumer, but be grateful that you chose to buy those cards when they were so cheap. The same thing happened in the past when a hurricane wiped out the HDD factories and they raised the price of HDD's like crazy in response.
BitCoinMiner01

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:35:51 PM

Simple supply and demand.  They were dealing with constant shortages of said product.  Many times I purchased dozens of these cards back in 2011 (6950's etc. back then) and gamers were cursing me out in the checkout line because they were always out of stock.  They're no more greedy than you are for wanting to purchase them for below market equilibrium price.

Hmmm, maybe we could just get the government to price-fix video cards... oh wait, that's exactly the type of behavior that crypto will eliminate.  Ha.  It's amazing how many statists there are in the crypto community.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:06:53 PM

They want to maximize their profits, that is all they want to do. They saw an opportunity and they took it. They don't care about the consumers.

Its called capitalism. What America is built on.
Skaterdiejosh

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 05:42:23 PM

The blades on Amazon cost only 187$ each when I first ordered my first batch then within like 2 weeks later went up to 267 then 367 and to a high the week after of 546$ now back to 456$ as of writing this. Guess its all about supply and demand!! The crazy part is people are still paying at 546$ per card, wich anything over 250$ per card and you will maybe make your investment back in bitcoin if your lucky or possibly make some profit if shipping times are delayed on Pre-orders this March ...... 

Tips -  13q4b2Rq2dA579KShuC2LapSK8E94ZeAWy
https://coinbase.com/?r=5276ab
timk225 (OP)

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:50:53 AM

Oh I completely understand about supply and demand and capitalism, and I fully support it, at least when it works to my advantage.

Back in August-September-October, I mined 205 LiteCoins, and left them in my wallet until early December when the prices went up.  I sold them all between $35-$40 each, netting $7200 after PayPal fees.

So it's good when it works to my benefit, but if I wanted to buy GPUs now I'd be mad, and would wait until the prices dropped back down.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:55:56 AM

Oh I completely understand about supply and demand and capitalism, and I fully support it, at least when it works to my advantage.

Back in August-September-October, I mined 205 LiteCoins, and left them in my wallet until early December when the prices went up.  I sold them all between $35-$40 each, netting $7200 after PayPal fees.

So it's good when it works to my benefit, but if I wanted to buy GPUs now I'd be mad, and would wait until the prices dropped back down.

I bought a few hundred bitcoins back when they were $5 or something, but got tired of waiting for the "pump" to work, and sold them for no profit. I blame Gox for not integrating when they said they would Wink

lesson learned. patience.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 02:58:41 PM

Newegg has been shady as hell. Ps4 bundle scams, betraying v.me for masterpass and all kinds of other dishonest stuff. I used to support them but not any more, amazon 100% now.

Plus fuck eggpoints. I made tons of purchases and still 0 points!

LightningBlade

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:09:51 PM

Back in August I bought 3 HIS Ice-Q 7950's off of Newegg for $230 each.  Now all their 7950s are $450 each.

I'm in this for profit, as I'm sure Newegg is, but being a big company, they need a better reason to jack the prices like this.  I propose we find someone in the Newegg warehouse, and bribe them to send out a few boxes of 7950's, as silent revenge and justice for their price gouging.

If I worked in their warehouse, I guarantee they would have "loaned" me quite a few GPUs, motherboards, CPUs, and RAM sticks and power supplies already for pulling this BS!

Supply and demand.. Smiley

Prolifik

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:40:04 PM

Newegg has been shady as hell. Ps4 bundle scams, betraying v.me for masterpass and all kinds of other dishonest stuff. I used to support them but not any more, amazon 100% now.

Plus fuck eggpoints. I made tons of purchases and still 0 points!

Eggpoints piss me off too. I've spent over $1000 there and 0!

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 12:46:04 PM

Yup im going to cum in neweggs mouth
Fuck them and fuck their nigger points

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 12:46:53 PM

The marketing guy must be fucking retarded
Does only ONE product give you points? Or what I cant fucking find it

Prolifik

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:40:53 PM

The marketing guy must be fucking retarded
Does only ONE product give you points? Or what I cant fucking find it

I read something that said you get points when you buy something on your wishlist so I did that and NOTHING. It's like craptsy points but worse, HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!?

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 01:42:26 PM

Don't get me started. I've done tons of cryptsy, ZERO POINTS!

Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:06:12 PM

They want to maximize their profits, that is all they want to do. They saw an opportunity and they took it. They don't care about the consumers.

they care about their stock holders. If you have a shortage of supply and demand is extremely high you raise the price. As simple as that. consumers will still put these cards out of stock even at the current price.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:11:33 PM

they care about their stock holders. If you have a shortage of supply and demand is extremely high you raise the price. As simple as that. consumers will still put these cards out of stock even at the current price.

Newegg?  share holders?
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 01:17:02 AM

Private companies have share holders too

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:48:57 AM

Yup im going to cum in neweggs mouth
Fuck them and fuck their *** points

Nasty language dude.
pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:49:38 AM

That's not how it works...

The price of an item has no relevance to how much they care about the consumer, they show consumer appreciation only by the quality of service which they offer... People who trade BitCoin should have a better understanding of this principle than "regular" people...

They could triple the old price and sell out in this market environment and I'm sure some businesses will. They set the "Sell" bid but the market demand will establish the "Buy" bid.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████