Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:59:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: in windows 7 how to kill guiminer and start again every half hour?  (Read 2802 times)
critical (OP)

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 11:11:19 AM

in windows 7 how to kill guiminer and start again every half hour?

thanks

just to avoid the hanging for whatever reason

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
critical (OP)

Activity: 160

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 11:12:27 AM

by the way, is it necessary to let let the graphics card rest for half hour everyday at least within 24 hours? maybe that can be incorporated in too?
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 11:14:52 AM

by the way, is it necessary to let let the graphics card rest for half hour everyday at least within 24 hours? maybe that can be incorporated in too?

The best thing for a GPU is to keep it at a stable temperature.
Cooling of and warming up shortens the life of electronics.
ZombieDeity

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 01:09:21 PM

Try CGMiner... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.0  It automatically restarts dead threads and supports multiple failover mode (switches pools when your main one gets DDoSed).  I'm a big fan.  It has given me better performance and up-time than any other miner I've tried thus far.

And on the issue of letting the cards rest, I'm with MaGNeT on that one.  Run 'em 24/7/365 if you can.  Ideally, you would never have to touch your mining rig once it gets started.
ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 02:58:14 PM

The temperature changes from idle to 100% would be dramatic enough to shorten the life of your card, ifi that's what you're worried about. Just leave it runnint 24/7, it will be better for the components.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
kiwiasian

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 03:07:22 PM

@ECHO OFF
set PING=PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 1800
:start
taskill /f /im GUIminer.exe > nul
%PING% > nul
start /d GUIminer.exe
%PING% > nul
goto :start

Tradehill referral link, save 10% | http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R12328
www.payb.tc/kiwiasian | 1LHNW1JGMBo2e7rKiiFz7KJPKE57bqCdEC
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 03:38:22 PM

You really shouldnt want to do this.
Insert Quote
@ECHO OFF
%PING% > nul
start /d GUIminer.exe
%PING% > nul

next step.. how do you start guiminer and have it actually start your miner as well.

mooo for rent
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 03:49:17 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2011, 04:15:34 PM by CanaryInTheMine

run your miners via a command line (i.e. create a batch file) using phoenix.exe or another one...

create a batch file, say start1.bat:

cd C:\Temp\guiminer\
RunFirst.exe "phoenix.exe -u http://username@api.bitcoin.cz:8332 PLATFORM=0 DEVICE=0 VECTORS BFI_INT WORKSIZE=256 FASTLOOP=false AGGRESSION=12 -k phatk"
goto start

replace above paths/parameters with what you need.  If you have more that one core proccessor, download that runfirst.exe to have your miners run on 1 core only, otherwise take it out of the batch file.

create a batch file resetphoenix.bat:
Taskkill /IM phoenix.exe /F

final step, use Task Scheduler to create a task that runs every 30 mins and tell the task scheduler to execute resetphoenix.bat
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 04:12:58 PM

final step, use Task manager to create a task that runs every 30 mins and tell the task manager to execute resetphoenix.bat

Think he meant "Task scheduler"
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 04:15:13 PM

final step, use Task manager to create a task that runs every 30 mins and tell the task manager to execute resetphoenix.bat

Think he meant "Task scheduler"

Yeah! thanks, edited.
BookLover

Activity: 533

^Bitcoin Library of Congress.

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 04:23:40 PM

in windows 7 how to kill guiminer and start again every half hour?

thanks

A more in-depth instruction set(there were 6 posts while I wrote this but I hope it stills helps)

I ran into the same problem and ended up using a combination of task scheduler and a .bat file to do it.

Step 1: Writing the .bat file.

1-a: To write a .bat file you need to have file extensions enabled.  You can enable file extensions by going to the view tab of folder options(If you can't find folder options just search it) and deselecting the hide known file extensions check box.

1-b: Now go to My documents, create a notepad file, and put this code in it.
Code:
@ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 -w 1000> nul

rem ---------------use the line below this to set the path--------------
cd "C:\guiminer"

Taskkill /F /IM guiminer.exe /T

start guiminer.exe
Then adjust the path to the location of your guiminer file(make sure it's set to the FILE which contains the application DO NOT set the path to the application)

1-c: Then save the file and go back to My documents.  Locate the file and change the name and extension to guiminer-restart.bat

Step 2: Setting up task scheduler

2-a: To find task scheduler just search it.  Once you have it open select create a task.

2-b: Task scheduler is fairly self-explanatory you just have to set the task to run every half-hour after start-up in the trigger and run the .bat file as the action.

2-c: Task scheduler has also has quite a few options which are not mandatory take a few minutes to see if you want to use any of them.

Once you've done this just restart your computer and guiminer should start upon boot and restart every half-hour.  If you have any questions let me know and I will do the best I can to help you.

kiwiasian

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 06:36:57 PM

You really shouldnt want to do this.
Insert Quote
@ECHO OFF
%PING% > nul
start /d GUIminer.exe
%PING% > nul

next step.. how do you start guiminer and have it actually start your miner as well.

There is an autostart setting in GUI miner.
So, the above code should work. It will operate in an endless loop until you manually close it.

Tradehill referral link, save 10% | http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R12328
www.payb.tc/kiwiasian | 1LHNW1JGMBo2e7rKiiFz7KJPKE57bqCdEC
legitnick

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2011, 04:46:07 AM

Delete system 32!

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
Pages: [1]
  Print