Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:41:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit coins and PayPal  (Read 1464 times)
joeyjoe (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 11:35:08 AM

Right I do understand that you cannot sell bitcoins via paypal, as its against the paypal policy and that people can rip you off and do a charge back.

But what about buying bit coins for paypal?

I was thinking on creating an automated system where people can deposit coins into my account which would send them back paypal currency. It would be a one way transaction. Since i would be the one to buy the currency from them, it would be much safer right?

Bitcoin PHP programmer for hire! (HTML / CSS / JQuery / AJAX / .NET).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 11:37:23 AM

Right I do understand that you cannot sell bitcoins via paypal, as its against the paypal policy and that people can rip you off and do a charge back.

But what about buying bit coins for paypal?

I was thinking on creating an automated system where people can deposit coins into my account which would send them back paypal currency. It would be a one way transaction. Since i would be the one to buy the currency from them, it would be much safer right?

Stop creating multiple threads.

But yes, it would be safer for them - but your account will get frozen very quickly.
joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 11:40:01 AM

Sorry, but when your limited to a single board its becomes very anoying, i only came on here to contact a member, but i have to stay logged in for 4 hours before i get white listed so i might as well post crap.

Why would it get frozen? I would be paying people with my account, not the other way around. All paypal would see is that im sending money to people. i dont see how this is agasint their policy

SomeoneWeird

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 11:41:51 AM

Sorry, but when your limited to a single board its becomes very anoying, i only came on here to contact a member, but i have to stay logged in for 4 hours before i get white listed so i might as well post crap.

Why would it get frozen? I would be paying people with my account, not the other way around. All paypal would see is that im sending money to people. i dont see how this is agasint their policy

You should've just created 1 thread with all your questions.

Paypal have been freezing everyones account even if they smell bitcoin near them.
joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 11:50:19 AM

my questions do not come all at once.

Would freezing accounts mean freezing the money?

SomeoneWeird

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 11:53:11 AM

my questions do not come all at once.

Would freezing accounts mean freezing the money?

yes.
Ghostofkobra

Activity: 164

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 11:56:48 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2011, 12:00:29 PM by SomeoneWeird

There are atleast two way to convert paypal to bitcoins and that is through:

bitmarketEUR; they do deal in USD but you have to be "accepted" by the admins there so you need reputation on this forum or somewhere else.

virwox; You can buy linden dollars for USD or EUR which you can use to buy bitcoins. This is an easy way but also a quite expensive way. I found that the markup for me was about $1 / BTC. The reason is that you can only deal in whole coins and no fractions so i have a lot of small amounts hanging around their exchange.

Since im not affiliated with any of them and like the service at Bitcoin Charts you can find them there.

Best
/GoK

SomeoneWeird

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:01:06 PM

There are atleast two way to convert paypal to bitcoins and that is through:

bitmarketEUR; they do deal in USD but you have to be "accepted" by the admins there so you need reputation on this forum or somewhere else.

virwox; You can buy linden dollars for USD or EUR which you can use to buy bitcoins. This is an easy way but also a quite expensive way. I found that the markup for me was about $1 / BTC. The reason is that you can only deal in whole coins and no fractions so i have a lot of small amounts hanging around their exchange.

Since im not affiliated with any of them and like the service at Bitcoin Charts you can find them there.

Best
/GoK

Fixed that link for you.
joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:08:25 PM

ah i see.

What about other services like moneybookers / neteller. Which ever would be instant enough for people to want to use it.

I only plan to make an automated service that would buy people BTC. That way there is no risk for me except if the market crashed.

Obviously i would charge some sort of fee to make it worth my while where It would then automatically sell the BTC at the highest market price..

I guess paypal is out of the window but

SomeoneWeird

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:11:17 PM

ah i see.

What about other services like moneybookers / neteller. Which ever would be instant enough for people to want to use it.

I only plan to make an automated service that would buy people BTC. That way there is no risk for me except if the market crashed.

Obviously i would charge some sort of fee to make it worth my while where It would then automatically sell the BTC at the highest market price..

I guess paypal is out of the window but

Go around and look at how MtGox and Tradehill work
joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:15:17 PM

I can see how they work, but they dont provide an instant payment method for withdrawing funds.

Ghostofkobra

Activity: 164

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 12:39:01 PM

Moneybookers and neteller are not really instant,
they are usually fast when it comes to depositing money but when using them with other sites it usually takes up to a bussiness day to get money payed to your neteller/MB account (this might not be neteller or MB's fault though).

On a side note i actually used neteller together with virwox when i tried it.
Worked fine but was a bit on the expensive side.

So please create an easy way to buy BTC with paypay neteller or MB.

Best
/GoK

MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 02:40:01 PM

https://cms.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/AcceptableUse_full
(f) are associated with the following Money Service Business Activities: the sale of traveler’s cheques or money orders, currency exchanges or cheque cashing

joeyjoe (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2011, 02:42:42 PM

i can see that, but still the website service will not be publicly linked with a paypal page,

the only way paypal would know which account would be to buy bitcoins, then sell them with my system, which i dout they would go out of their way to do.

Even if it did get frozen, could easily make another account.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: