Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:57:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How helpful would it be store all my bitcoins near the Earth's core?  (Read 669 times)
bluedanieru (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 03:10:45 PM

Okay so me and a friend of mine have been smoking weed for the last 3 days straight and we came up with this killer idea to store all our bitcoins at the Earth's core?

So we were thinking about drilling down there like in the documentary 'the core' and laying a cable and not telling ANYONE about where the cable reaches the surface except our friend Tim. We are well aware that their is a time delay since the speed of light is constant and we have to go find the cable in the ground each time with Tim.
We're not sure if its possible to keep a constant connection in the event that a WW3 happens or some catastrophic event that every major ISP in the world shut down for what ever reason and the surface of the Earth is hostile to life and we're force to rely on a 6500 km fiber connection for a synchronized block chain so we can get btc to buy more weed on silk road.

So our question to you bitcointalk, Do you think it is economically feasible for everyone to burrow below the Earth's crust for the most updated block chain in the event of a all the ISP's going out and the Internet getting cut out? Also, if something is in deep space does it stop being a satellite and start being just some stuff in space? I don't think so but Tim disagrees.

edit: serious replies only please

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thagorillaz

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 03:12:34 PM

tldr "so we've been smoking weed for 3 days straight"
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 03:15:36 PM

Silk Road Productions proudly presents:

"Dude, where's my bitcoin?" and the amazing sequel "Dude, where's my block chain?"
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 04:40:28 PM

You want a serious reply? A serious reply come!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_points_of_Earth#Lowest_point_.28artificial.29

The lowest point underground is the 12,261 metres (40,226 ft)-deep Kola Superdeep Borehole number SG-3 drilled in the Kola Peninsula, Russia. According to Google Maps, it starts from approximately 400 meters above sea level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kola_Superdeep_Borehole

So, the deepest point so far reached in the world is 12261 meters. 12.2km

That's the deepest place where you can put your blockchain...

Good luck drilling for 6000km, we so far achieved only 12.2km....

Xephan

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 04:48:33 PM

Okay so me and a friend of mine have been smoking weed for the last 3 days straight and we came up with this killer idea to store all our bitcoins at the Earth's core?

So we were thinking about drilling down there like in the documentary 'the core' and laying a cable and not telling ANYONE about where the cable reaches the surface except our friend Tim. We are well aware that their is a time delay since the speed of light is constant and we have to go find the cable in the ground each time with Tim.
We're not sure if its possible to keep a constant connection in the event that a WW3 happens or some catastrophic event that every major ISP in the world shut down for what ever reason and the surface of the Earth is hostile to life and we're force to rely on a 6500 km fiber connection for a synchronized block chain so we can get btc to buy more weed on silk road.

So our question to you bitcointalk, Do you think it is economically feasible for everyone to burrow below the Earth's crust for the most updated block chain in the event of a all the ISP's going out and the Internet getting cut out? Also, if something is in deep space does it stop being a satellite and start being just some stuff in space? I don't think so but Tim disagrees.

edit: serious replies only please

Too hot near the Earth's core, the bitcoins will melt!

I've got a better idea, dig to 650m instead and pave the whole way with weed farms! Anybody trying to steal the bitcoin will get so stoned on weed, they'd forget what they were there for in the first place! 650m is so much more easier and best of all, now you get to get all them weed without needing to pay a single cent!

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 05:16:14 PM

This reminds me of the heise story contest winner:  "Bio-Nostalgie"
If you know German it would be quite a entertaining read, its kind of dystopic but something bitcoin can probably relate to. I will not mention more to avoid any spoilers  Lips sealed
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: