Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:54:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bounty hunters one of the cause of price dip of ICO?  (Read 629 times)
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:55:35 PM

I have witnessed almost 5 consecutive ICOs that is a hyped ICOs and also sponsored a bounty campaign with big rewards goes way below ICO price. The ICO have a lot of potentials to have a high price. But when the time comes when the ICO concluded and when the time comes when it hit on the first exchange the price really dips hard. Is bounty hunters one of the cause of the price dip?

not sure about it.
in my opinion,big bonus from ico sale are the big trouble.
in this cases,
let we say,some big whales invest huge amount on some ico.
then he get biggest bonus,
then after listed to market,
he can easy manipulated about price.
and the bounty hunter just following what the whales do.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlisaWhishie

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 05:59:07 PM

At the first glance, it seems that yes, they are. For example, several days ago Amon was giving away its bounty payments, which immediately caused in a terrible price dump (-50%) just in two or three hours. But let's look deeper, it wasn't a problem caused by bounty hunters only, the real problem is a low trading volume. If a volume is high, it's really difficult to dump or pump a price, but if it is low, then even bounty hunters with their 1-2% of the whole token supply can influence the price!
Imagine, if we were talking about Ethereum, could 1% of token holders dump its price so much? I believe that no. So the problem is not just bounty hunters.

anjir

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:07:35 PM

I do not think so. Because we have worked very hard through promotional media, etc. sacrificing a lot of time and effort just to meet bounty campaign requirements.
Most of the time, the proportion of bounty strands is very low, so it can not affect the whole market, is the token price falls, more reasons can be because people lose confidence in tokens.
Reid

Activity: 2856
Merit: 642

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:10:27 PM

Have you tried to look at the pie chart of most of the ICO?
I think the largest percentage that I have seen for bounties is 2%. Do you really think that could shake the whole value of token of a certain ICO that you are talking about?
It is the investors who may did it. Large whales that just want profit afterwards. If they see a good number and somehow larger than what they paid for then why wait?
This happened mostly in ICO's that hypes on early stage.
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:10:52 PM

Bounty hunters can cause some price reduction at first, but if the token is really worth it and with a strong team, the price doesn't always drop. There are cases that on the contrary. And so can influence the news background.
kris679

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:16:25 PM

I think that in actual fact depends on hunters, but not so all cardinally because on bounty stands out only 1-3 percent of all tokens, they can not so drastically move the price!
Ms. CRYPTO ADVISER

Activity: 166

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:17:16 PM

Not in all cases. Maybe sometimes it happen cause other hunters dump their tokens once it hit the exchange. But sometimes price dip is because of the market itself or even the project. Lack of marketing etc. So price dip shouldnt be always blame on the hunters. Cheers mate!
Umkar

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:18:37 PM

Bounty hunters have only a minor effect on lowering the price of new tokens that first enter the exchange after the ICO. All members of the generosity of ICO are allocated from one to several percent of the released tokens and this is not enough to sharply lower the price of the new token. In addition, not all participants immediately after the heads rush to sell the received tokens. Investors who buy tokens with bonuses have more opportunities and more material benefits.
fraufreiheit

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:24:32 PM

some investors say "that bounty hunter is the heaviest killer of ICO"

Smart investors would never say so, they appreciate bounty hunters even if they dump a price for two main reasons:
1) Opportunity to buy tokens at a very cheap price without KYC or anything like that
2) Creating a high volume which can help to get listed on top exchanges, CMC, etc.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:28:16 PM

To be frank its not their fault at all! The thing is bounty hunters keep working hard and invest huge time in the advertisement of the ICO projects and aiming them for the great publicity. When it comes to the 4-6 months of hard period of working and waiting patiently then surely bounty hunters will sell everything very fast to get their share (maximum) by the time of coin listing. Its like their payday and thus they dont want to miss it with great profits. I think they are right at what they do and you are also right when you ask that question as an investor. With the current situation that is what it is and right for all of us!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
andrey111

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:31:28 PM

This question has already been raised in this forum. My opinion is that the drop in prices after the IKO is pushed by the primary investors, who immediately after the end try to merge coins with a profit of X1.5-2. And only then the fall is picked up by bounty hunters.
itsv

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 06:36:31 PM

well you can't blame bounty hunters for the dump they are not whales they only have little percentage of tokens and most of the time they don't receive tokens on time and lately few ico's distribute unsold tokens to early investors as bonus so no.1 source of price dump are those people who invest in ico only to get quick gains on their investment and dump the token as soon as it get listed on an exchange.
Anton1105

Activity: 144

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 06:38:09 PM

I think that it's unlikely that bounty hunters can significantly affect the price of tokens, since ICOs usually allocate a maximum of 3% for the bounty of the total amount of tokens, it's too small to affect the price of the token.
the_dump1

Activity: 210
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:42:55 PM

I think Yes, many participants of bounty companies sell earned tokens immediately after entering the exchange. But if the project is really good-the price returns quickly.
BlackWidow

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:44:23 PM

I think that they are only few of them, since you know the bounty amount aren't too big it cant really make such impact      
fmboyzz

Activity: 227
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:49:03 PM

Bounty hunters get only a small amount of tokens, this shall not affect the market. Early investors with massive bonus cause the price dip of an ICO. It takes some time to recover the actual price then.
Benabod

Activity: 184

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:56:15 PM

Bounty hunters is not the cause of price dip and the reason why I said so is because I believe it's the investors most of the time, the outrageous bonus they get during ICO is way too much that they can sell far below ICO price and still get good gain but people start to believe that is the bounty hunters dumping which is not always true.
gwensarah1

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:57:50 PM

I have witnessed almost 5 consecutive ICOs that is a hyped ICOs and also sponsored a bounty campaign with big rewards goes way below ICO price. The ICO have a lot of potentials to have a high price. But when the time comes when the ICO concluded and when the time comes when it hit on the first exchange the price really dips hard. Is bounty hunters one of the cause of the price dip?

Bounty hunters only contribute a small portion to the price dip. Remember that normally the percentage of bounty tokens allocated  are usually between  2-3% (or even lesser) of the total supply. Majority of the dumps happening  come from investors, especially if large bonuses were given during the presale and not locked for a period of time, then expect to see more dumping after the tokens hit exchanges, we shouldn’t put blame on bounty hunters, cause not even all dump immediately. Like me I usually wait for a year or more before I sell it to have a better chance of more profit, and dumping from a few bounty hunters doesn’t usually affect the price that much.
Set01111

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:05:44 PM

I think that is just a small reason. The percentage of bonus campaigns is usually only a fraction.
Most of the prices are affected when the new bounty hunters receive and they decide to sell off. But then prices will stabilize.
I think you have chosen ICO that have no future.
Oniko

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:10:55 PM

If bounty hunters after receiving tokens begin to sell them at once massively, then the price may fall, but not for long.

For prospective projects, the value of the coin should still grow at times from the price of ICO
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: