Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:18:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HF Meshnet bitcoin II: a plan. (?)  (Read 912 times)
Altoidnerd (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

http://altoidnerd.com

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 07:58:17 AM
Last edit: December 16, 2013, 01:31:47 PM by Altoidnerd

Anyone who read the last thread was treated with a $1billion budget to launch satellites to transmit an analog bitcoin blockchain.  

While it is typical for this forum to imagine bitcoin going to the moon, it would be best to start with a smaller project that can be pitched and funded and will get done.  It's not that I don't want bitcoin in space, because that seemed like the only way to sync up the world.  

Realistic goals for preliminary efforts

1. Pick a city.  After pages and pages of project proposal guidelines, the final sentence describes 1 cooperative, willing participant municipality connected on mesh.

2. Pick a coin.  For testing in fact, we could use a fork1. Municipalities have been known to desire and print their own currencies before - here's a big old list of american ones http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_community_currencies_in_the_United_States

3. Discuss and distribute the various technical hurdles the courageous team of volunteers

4. Design hardware needed to implement a cryptocoin over the airwaves in selected location

5. ...and by this time, it'll be a train on the tracks.  We'll have a payment method deployed that people can use without the internet.

Without a project site in mind, the choices are many and nothing really gets done.  I have no concerns whether this is possible in terms of the physics or engineering. If this forum wants to make it happen, it can be done, in a city with certainty.

The end result is of course a global bitcoin network in space! But this is a really interesting way to start it off. To pull off something worldwide, much testing is needed.  A guinea pig location is a good way to complete those tests, iron out the bugs, and accomplish a new feat for BTC.

What to do now

We need a big team who is interested, or this won't fly at all.  Lots of experts are needed. Don't need to quit other projects for the planning phase, you just have to be interested in the project and have something to offer.  I'll start a mailing list, or some kind of network that can interact and get it going.  

Needed folk

Engineering:
electrical - digital
electrical - wireless
power distribution
software  
~~would love 1 or 2 bitcoin wizards
~~the software team on the coin/marketing
anyone of technical expertise in science/engineering of any kind is awesome
city planning/geography?

Management:
a better project manager than me (if available! I can do it but I am not only interested in being king, is all I'm saying)
BTC capital champs <-- I have spoken with a few
~~I do not know how to avoid the need for test equipment
Finance/accounting

The above list is not exhaustive, and I would love suggestions from people who have led projects before.  This one is a fatty, but I'm optimistic it is possible if we focus and just do it.

1If this bothers you, say it.  I'm not in love with the idea, I just thought it was clever. This is intended to help build value for bitcoin, and no other reason.  I'm not sure what opinions on alts are here and I don't really care, it's not the point of this post.  I'm interested in transmitters, receivers, and a location.  Could be sexcoin in vegas though that might be something.

Do you even mine?
http://altoidnerd.com 
12gKRdrz7yy7erg5apUvSRGemypTUvBRuJ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: