Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:16:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Diamond (DMD) Takeover! Update v1.0.4 | NEW website, pool, block-explorer  (Read 50036 times)
popshot

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 10:58:56 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 01:28:08 AM by popshot

just think what would happen if dmd is on btc-e tomorrow........

Are there any plans for that and information from btc-e or developers?

I also tried to initiate PPCoin style PoS minting however without much success. Any info on this would be helpful.

EDIT: It does work, but the wallet needs to be unlocked and I don't feel comfortable with having it unsecured :/

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
popshot

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 11:12:17 PM

Haven't opened my wallet for about 5 days, and wow is it taking it's time to sync, despite 12 connections.

About quarter of the way through catching up so far and it's been going an hour.  Anyone else seen anything like this?

Yes I'm in the process of downloading the blockchain. It appears to freeze every so often while downloading. I have to restart the wallet-qt every now and then - this seem to work for some time until it stops.

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 12:17:09 AM

mine works fine just opened haven't opened it since Christmas, is done already less then an hour, maybe it's just yours
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 12:37:04 AM

anyone wondering what is happening with DMD should read this   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=373578.0 DMD has been resurrected for less then a month and is less then 12 months old, the DEV team is working hard, and it all takes time, if you have any skills why not offer your assistance and speed things up.
professorY

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:44:02 AM

if you have any skills why not offer your assistance and speed things up.

Sure, I'll help. What do the devs need done? The main DMD site looks great but could use some copy editing.

What are the plans (if any) for other sites? What about social and other various media campaigns? Is there an official Facebook presence?

I'm just looking for a high level 'this is what we're aiming for and this is what is underway at x% completion estimate' kind of thing.

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 02:04:46 AM

zuper is one of the dev's it would be best to PM him and offer your assistance, you made the quark site and it was awesome so you should send him a link of that and show him your skills, im trying to get some funds together to make a video for DMD i want to get it made as professional as possible and was thinking about getting a company to do it for me, but maybe we could start a bounty and find someone on here willing to do one, all the company's i have talked to are like 4k + for a good video so i don't know about that, we don't have a facebook yet or a twitter, but not sure if DEV's are working on any of it, so best to ask zuper, thanks for offering your service
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 04:23:44 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 08:07:27 AM by dadon

what does everyone think a reasonable bounty for a DMD video would be?
popshot

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 11:46:48 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 03:48:03 PM by popshot

Good quality flash animation (if it's what you're after)  takes a lot of effort and time to make. Look at NXT animation explaining how it works and its potential -  it's a fantastic job but DMD should be aiming for something more exclusive and more polished. It's diamonds after all.
I also think you should not think in categories of what DMD is worth now but what it will be worth in the future (one dev claiming it could be 100x of today's price). If the video is good it will most likely attract people to DMDs and bump the price. If I had the necessary skills I would do it for up to 800 - max 1k DMDs. But that's me.

EDIT: after giving it some thought I've added a few things here and there.

captchunk

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:13:24 PM

Request for DMD to appear on cryptmarketcap.com: http://forum.qrk.cc/thread/632/new-crypto-market-cap-website?page=11&scrollTo=14234

Give it a thumbs up or post that you agree.
zuper (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:25:52 PM

We are preparing the social media strategy. If anyone is interested in, please pm me.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 09:30:02 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=134179.0

maybedevs should try get a better ranking here

how could it be BBQ is seen as a revived but important coin and DMDs new more important role since takeover is forgotten

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 10:01:29 PM

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/2228-diamond-dmd-information-takeover/

isnt up2date an show the bad miming pool first.......

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
psybase64

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:46:30 AM

Checked this thread today as I've not had my mined coins paid out from dmd.minar.cc and no response from support so I wanted to see if others were having issues and I see they are. I guess those 16 DMDs I mined are gone.

Great that dmd.minar.cc are now off the pools list, except for cryptocointalks DMD section. Be good to get them removed from that too.

dmd.minar.cc has about 1/3 of the network hashrate at this time so about 1/3 of the DMD miners are currently mining for the pool owners, since they don't payout the miners.

dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 05:44:41 AM

Good quality flash animation (if it's what you're after)  takes a lot of effort and time to make. Look at NXT animation explaining how it works and its potential -  it's a fantastic job but DMD should be aiming for something more exclusive and more polished. It's diamonds after all.
I also think you should not think in categories of what DMD is worth now but what it will be worth in the future (one dev claiming it could be 100x of today's price). If the video is good it will most likely attract people to DMDs and bump the price. If I had the necessary skills I would do it for up to 800 - max 1k DMDs. But that's me.

EDIT: after giving it some thought I've added a few things here and there.
thanks for the suggestions, i agree with you DMD should have a video like a high end jewelry store or fashion shop, it should be trendy, and elegant in my opinion, that is the sort of crowd we want to attract, DMD should be the Diamond standard of online payment.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 07:12:55 AM

i emailed coinpayments today requesting them to add DMD and they replied very quickly, great customer service!!

Hello Jim,

It will if there is enough public support, the best way to get it listed
right now is to participate in the public vote going on now at
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397540.0

Thanks,
CoinPayments.net

so everyone who has not yet voted should get over there and vote for it to be added.
zuper (OP)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:34:47 AM

I have received many PMs asking me to reveal the next steps of DMD development.
Please find below a short list of our basic plan (there are many important projects we will announce soon):

• Wallet update / Release Mac version
  • Social media presense
  • Promo Video
  • Contact with all cryptowebsites/trading platforms

If anyone can support any of the plan items, please PM me.
gmg

Activity: 108

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:46:31 AM

i emailed coinpayments today requesting them to add DMD and they replied very quickly, great customer service!!

Hello Jim,

It will if there is enough public support, the best way to get it listed
right now is to participate in the public vote going on now at
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397540.0

Thanks,
CoinPayments.net

so everyone who has not yet voted should get over there and vote for it to be added.

Just voted, but everyone should do so. Only 11 votes so far...

In other news, DMD is now listed in http://cryptmarketcap.com!
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 10:50:24 AM

Awesome! thanks for the update
sheinsha

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:18:02 PM

Checked this thread today as I've not had my mined coins paid out from dmd.minar.cc and no response from support so I wanted to see if others were having issues and I see they are. I guess those 16 DMDs I mined are gone.

Great that dmd.minar.cc are now off the pools list, except for cryptocointalks DMD section. Be good to get them removed from that too.

dmd.minar.cc has about 1/3 of the network hashrate at this time so about 1/3 of the DMD miners are currently mining for the pool owners, since they don't payout the miners.

Hi! Im Minar.cc Admin.
As the pool news states, on New years eve the pool double payed all users. Including you if you were mining, and got the pool funds so low that i cant run payouts anymore. I am waiting for the pool to resume its balance so i can resume payouts.
All the coins are being mined fine and are there for users to get as soon as the balance allows me to.

I have an intact record running pools, you can check the whole forum for this, I want you all to get the coins i swear.

Anyway, you all got double payed so you should not be that angry...

Minar.cc pools are not running anymore, the domain was registered by someone else and I don't have any relationship with the new owner.
That Guy

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:35:04 PM

Hi! Im Minar.cc Admin.
As the pool news states, on New years eve the pool double payed all users. Including you if you were mining, and got the pool funds so low that i cant run payouts anymore. I am waiting for the pool to resume its balance so i can resume payouts.
All the coins are being mined fine and are there for users to get as soon as the balance allows me to.

I have an intact record running pools, you can check the whole forum for this, I want you all to get the coins i swear.

Anyway, you all got double payed so you should not be that angry...

Are you able to provide a bit more detail on how a double payout occurs? I was under the impression that something like this couldn't happen to these cryptocurrencies, unless using some kind of payment "buffer" from a coin bin of some kind. Would just like to know more about this and how it could affect users as well as how something possible like this could be seen by the public.

If anyone has any links to websites that explain this, it would be appreciated. Just at work atm, so unable to really google for it.

"Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep." -That Guy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: