Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:14:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where should i start as a beginner?  (Read 248 times)
miss ayaagee (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:32:53 AM

I just joined here it was given to me with my friend to start crypto in this site, Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:16:03 AM

I just joined here it was given to me with my friend to start crypto in this site, Thank you.
Welcome to the forum. First of all, please do read the rules of this forum as stated in this thread. Always remember to read sticky threads in every section as it might contain the knowledge you want to know about. What do you hope to achieve when you join this forum? Learn more about crypto? If that is the case, you should start reading threads on Bitcoin Discussion, Trading Discussion, and Altcoin Discussion section.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:16:37 AM

It completely depends on what you mean by "start crypto" here on bitcointalk. Be more specific on what your intentions are here in this forum.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:30:31 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2018, 03:00:28 PM by mdayonliner

Welcome to the forum. First of all, please do read the rules of this forum as stated in this thread. Always remember to read sticky threads in every section as it might contain the knowledge you want to know about. What do you hope to achieve when you join this forum? Learn more about crypto? If that is the case, you should start reading threads on Bitcoin Discussion, Trading Discussion, and Altcoin Discussion section.
I addition always use the search feature once you need to look for something.

If you do not find your answer then feel free to create a topic on the appropriate boards. There are people who are always looking to help the others and you will get help for sure.

update:
Other day I have created a topic listing some evergreen topics (IMO) which helped me to improve my skills after joining this forum. If you are here for seeking knowledge then feel free to explore the contents of Self development and BitcoinTalk.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:39:21 AM

I agree. Forum rules is the first thing to do in here. About what you want to know after you finished reading the forum rules i'm not sure of what you want to do in this forum. 1.) You can do investments. 2.) Trading 3.) Be a bounty hunter 4.) Hold coins you want to hold/keep to sell it later. One more thing is you should start learning what to do and start at the basics before you do these things in crypto. There are lots of threads creating in this forum on what to do, you better use the search button in this forum.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:43:49 AM

First of all you should read information about cryptocurrency, history. Also I wanna advice you to analyzing this forum, read the rules. If you want to earn money you can participate in bounty.
wallet.org

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:00:54 AM

What is the best wallet to start with ?
INBOT

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:06:30 AM

Hi and welcome!

You are in the right place to start getting to know cryptos. It might seem like a huge black hole where you don't even know what you are looking for. I will try to simplify it to you.

1. Read the rules
2. Learn the terminology
3. Think about your own objectives, what is it you want to do
 - earn
 - invest
 - just widen your general knowledge
4. Depending on the previous you can find information
 - Earning: Find information about airdrops and bounties in different projects
 - Investing: Find information about legit projects that have good prospects. Please note a few things about investing:  Never invest more than you are willing to lose. Always make the decision self. If someone pushes you to invest back off, they usually are scammers because legit projects have respect towards people.
- Just widening your general knowledge: Start by understanding blockchain, crypto, exchanges etc.

Good luck to you with which ever path you decide to take!
CryptoEnthused

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:15:53 AM

Reading through a lot of guides on wallets, I found that for BTC you are good with Electrum wallet, and for ETH and ERC20 token you can use Metamask. For different coins, you can use Exodus. Those are fine but the most secure is a hardwallet like Ledger Nano S or Trezor.
wallet.org

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:18:46 AM

Reading through a lot of guides on wallets, I found that for BTC you are good with Electrum wallet, and for ETH and ERC20 token you can use Metamask. For different coins, you can use Exodus. Those are fine but the most secure is a hardwallet like Ledger Nano S or Trezor.

What are the main differences between Ledger Nano and Trezor ?
HorribleGuy01

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:22:03 AM

Hi and welcome!

You are in the right place to start getting to know cryptos. It might seem like a huge black hole where you don't even know what you are looking for. I will try to simplify it to you.

1. Read the rules
2. Learn the terminology
 - earn
 - invest
 - Investing: Find information about legit projects that have good prospects. Please note a few things about investing:  Never invest more than you are willing to lose. Always make the decision self. If someone pushes you to invest back off, they usually are scammers because legit projects have respect towards people.
- Just widening your general knowledge: Start by understanding blockchain, crypto, exchanges etc.

Honestly, this guide will lead you nowhere.

Except for the read the rules here, which is the most important thing to do. The rest is just a waste of time.

The first thing to do @OP is to invest and I think you already have an idea what I'm talking about there's nothing free here anymore(aka. airdrops). And everything will just follow, you'll learn through time.
David Way

Activity: 49

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:24:58 AM

Step 1 would be to buy crypto worth $50 / $100... Step 2 would be to spend time in research
Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:20:21 PM

Hello, so first of all try to find something that interest you and start reading threads about that problem, after that go on to another and if it will interest you you will be reading and reading about crypto, after that whhen you will get basic knowledge you will be able to invest in your first coin or just help others here on forum (also you could join than to some campaigns).

MintDiceSupport

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

MintDice Support

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 06:29:09 PM

This forum is a great place to start. As another post said, use the search option. Below is a link to a thread created by a user to help newbies do their own research, also known as "DYOR"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3387079.0

^Those are just some sources, you'll find there are many others on the internet--take our blog for instance, it's a great resource for beginners: http://bit.ly/MintDiceBlog. Furthermore, don't get overwhelmed with everyone's opinions, take them all in and ultimately create your own narrative and follow through, if you find you have to change your crypto beliefs/strategies at some point down the road, that's ok, too. 

Good luck

Mintdice.com
CryptoEnthused

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 06:53:27 PM

What are the main differences between Ledger Nano and Trezor ?

They are the same basically. Ledger supports more coins, it's cheaper and more compact. But Trezor is open source which makes it a little bit more reliable in term of security.
GreatBug

Activity: 629
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:18:54 PM

Start reading posts that you are interested at cause thanks to that you will be able to get information that is required to do something more like investing/ trading or making any moves on market.
The cure

Activity: 448
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:05:04 AM

You should read first the rules of the forum,and if you have a plan to earn profits,you should have 30 activity to reach the jr.member. At this rank,you can join a bounty campaign where you can earn tokens every time you completed a tasks on every campaign.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 09:44:30 AM

Welcome on board if you are looking to gain knowledge about Bitcoin and blockchain then this is the best place for it. However, if you are looking to invest in Bitcoin then I would recommend you to invest your time before investing your money and understand what Bitcoin and blockchain are all about. This forum allows us to seek and share knowledge about this sector and read as much as you can because senior members are very generous when it comes to sharing knowledge.
Jay-pofigist

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:59:03 AM

Why did ICO suddenly become so popular?
  There is no unambiguous answer, but there is something that brings us closer to the truth:

1. ICO is much cheaper than IPO (and safer, but not for investors, but for
organizers). For example, if you are organizing an initial placement
thousand (dollars, of course).
2. ICO organize simply and from a technical (organizational) position:
on Waves, Bitshares, Ethereum ... and a number of other services, like, say,
https://www.walletbuilders.com/.
3. ICO is not yet regulated by strict, mandatory norms,
as it is in the banking sphere or in the field of donations,
so it is easier for depositors to enter, and for investors to create.
4. ICO, among other things, is a technological process, and IT - always attracts a diverse audience
(example iPhone - perhaps the best in the new world).
You can, for certain, fetch and even more reasons.
INBOT

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:52:06 AM

Hi and welcome!

1. Read the rules
2. Learn the terminology
 - earn
 - invest

Honestly, this guide will lead you nowhere.

Except for the read the rules here, which is the most important thing to do. The rest is just a waste of time.

The first thing to do @OP is to invest and I think you already have an idea what I'm talking about there's nothing free here anymore(aka. airdrops). And everything will just follow, you'll learn through time.

Wow! This is an advice I would not like to receive if I was a newbie. Except if I would like to lose my money! Surely one can invest in how many projects one likes but is it wise?

People are different, they have different objectives and different financial situations -  not taking this into account and just giving a random advice of 'Invest' is irresponsible.

All the best to you @HorribleGuy01
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: