Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:31:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto - 1,5 million Bitcoins - We need answers  (Read 52444 times)
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 11:43:25 AM

I remember someone saying on this forum Satoshi himself would not have that many coins.

there is information burried on this forum to break up that 1.5MBTC somewhat further:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=564.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=24346.0
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DiamondPlus

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 02:02:28 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2011, 02:56:17 PM by DiamondPlus

In my opinion, only simple bartering remains the solution to all currency issues.  It places importance primarily on the process of exchange, not on the products or a currency and thus facilitates healthy person-to-person communication.  I think civilization had it right to begin with and then currency came along and jacked the whole thing up (e.g. paper money is not important to me, but it's important to everyone else, so THEN it becomes important to me and displaces my values.  Bitcoin is no different).

And, it is also my opinion that the theory behind Bitcoin isn't that brilliant.  The brilliance came from putting the pieces together (i.e. taking the theory, creating a mathematical analogue of it, representing that analogue in a computer program, and marketing it) and having the motivation to actually do it without knowing if it would catch on.  I, along with many of you, also have many brilliant ideas but we simply don't try to fulfill them to their ends because we think they might fail.  If they fail, it's a waste of our damn time.  And I have objections to Bitcoin because I think it is weak in theory, but strong enough to 1.) Be better than traditional fiat currencies and 2.) Gain the respect of a significant number of people.  It's a currency for the at-least moderately wealthy and computer literate.  It is not a currency for the poor or the uneducated (I use uneducated in a very general sense here to represent those who will have trouble understanding it and would need to dedicate a very significant amount of time to do so).

-DiamondPlus
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 10:21:56 PM

In my opinion, only simple bartering remains the solution to all currency issues.  It places importance primarily on the process of exchange, not on the products or a currency and thus facilitates healthy person-to-person communication.  I think civilization had it right to begin with and then currency came along and jacked the whole thing up (e.g. paper money is not important to me, but it's important to everyone else, so THEN it becomes important to me and displaces my values.  Bitcoin is no different).

And, it is also my opinion that the theory behind Bitcoin isn't that brilliant.  The brilliance came from putting the pieces together (i.e. taking the theory, creating a mathematical analogue of it, representing that analogue in a computer program, and marketing it) and having the motivation to actually do it without knowing if it would catch on.  I, along with many of you, also have many brilliant ideas but we simply don't try to fulfill them to their ends because we think they might fail.  If they fail, it's a waste of our damn time.  And I have objections to Bitcoin because I think it is weak in theory, but strong enough to 1.) Be better than traditional fiat currencies and 2.) Gain the respect of a significant number of people.  It's a currency for the at-least moderately wealthy and computer literate.  It is not a currency for the poor or the uneducated (I use uneducated in a very general sense here to represent those who will have trouble understanding it and would need to dedicate a very significant amount of time to do so).

that's copy-pasted from post above by "The Joint": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37333.msg462367#msg462367

why are you doing this?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2011, 10:30:34 PM

that's copy-pasted from post above by "The Joint": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37333.msg462367#msg462367

why are you doing this?

Perhaps it was by chance that both posts are identical? Creationism and Pseudomathematics:     http://ncse.com/book/export/html/3010
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 05:37:17 AM

probally owns a supercomputer that puts out a few PetaFLOPs

I'm pretty sure he doesn't. When you own >5% of any given currency, you don't need more. Also: Satoshi seems to be a sensible guy and one that knows when to retreat and let others take over. He's done his share well and got rewarded. Let's hope he changed the world with this.

This step Satoshi took, i believe he did it for us. If you read the paper, it is clear satoshi looked for an answer that would share the wealth with everyone, Satoshi He or she wanted to change the world, and I bet my ass Satoshi would never have taken a single Bitcoin, Satoshi wanted it to go to the real Satoshi, You see Satoshi is everyone of us that believes in a better world, and is willing to prove it by learning, sharing, collaborating, creating, mining for the good of the collective.

Satoshi the founder stepped away when their brilliance was spent and only the combined insights/intelligence/knowledge/integrity and wisdom of the people could make Satoshis creation truly brilliant, Satoshi could not hold back the potential of what they had created... that is how dictatorships are made; Satoshi believed in p2p/distribution networks, why would he have become it's central authority?

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 06:09:27 AM

I bet he lost his wallet.

+1

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 06:25:11 AM

Until this questions are not answered, and I am pretty sure the person/group behind this project can read this, we should really reconsider buying in until we get some answers. If this is going to get big, this questions will always hunt us until they are answered.

Got someone in your pocket?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:27:22 AM

Necrothread.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 06:46:50 AM

This may have come up. But as I have understood it, Satoshi left a lot of wallets with 50BTC in each. He/they probably don't even have the wallet.dat to go with them.

My take on this is that they might lie there as "bait", either to show vulnerability if there suddently is activity in that area of the blockchain, or to work as a faucet/mining blocks when BTC's have become more scarse and computer-power a lot better than today.

It would not suprise me too much if there is some message beeing sent out from some old university-computer some time in the future.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
jdbtracker

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:05:15 AM

This may have come up. But as I have understood it, Satoshi left a lot of wallets with 50BTC in each. He/they probably don't even have the wallet.dat to go with them.

My take on this is that they might lie there as "bait", either to show vulnerability if there suddently is activity in that area of the blockchain, or to work as a faucet/mining blocks when BTC's have become more scarse and computer-power a lot better than today.

It would not suprise me too much if there is some message beeing sent out from some old university-computer some time in the future.

so the original 50BTC in the genesis block are untouched then? This would be an excellent strategy, Old bitcoins could be brought back into the market when the block chain gets cut and stored, it will be easier to crack those codes secretly... creating a secret sepage of coins into the general market.
   but Your right I also think that if those coins got touched, the entire network would become aware of it within nanoseconds, it would tell the network that the SHA256 encryption has been broken. Those blocks will be easier to crack than modern ones.

lol! Necrothread.

jdbtracker

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:44:29 PM

Probably just sent it to his email, thought it be a neat trap to set; I mean would you touch it if you were Satoshi? Thats like a historical transaction a monumental moment.
and then forgot the password to his e-mail. lol.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:57:23 AM

ridiculous

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:58:07 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2013, 11:10:18 AM by jackjack

+1, brother

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
candoo

Activity: 602

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:59:22 AM

This thread is 1,5 years old.  !

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
Logik

Activity: 315
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 01:56:22 PM

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:56:55 PM

This thread is 1,5 years old.  !

and yet we remember it... it's a miracle!

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:58:19 PM

he gave the keys to the flying spaghetti monster. The fsm says: "HOLD!"

FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:19:26 PM

Bitcoin is what it is. In my humble opinion I believe your questions are irrelevant in that it doesn't matter what the answers are.
+1
Go all, mine xicoin, or whatever the scam of the day is called, we all know that it will explode in 2013!

Nice read !

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:19:55 PM

Like using those cards are not resurrecting...

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
GodfatherBond

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:24:19 PM

My questions:

How many Bitcoins in total does "Nakamoto" have?

What is "Nakamotos" estimation of how many early adopters there is that have more than 200 000 bitcoins, 100 000 bitcoins and 50 000 bitcoins?

What was the purpose of creating Bitcoin?

What is your plan for the future of Bitcoin as "Nakamoto" sees it today?

What are "Nakamoto" going to do with the wealth that has been created?

Until this questions are not answered, and I am pretty sure the person/group behind this project can read this, we should really reconsider buying in until we get some answers. If this is going to get big, this questions will always hunt us until they are answered.

No need to ask these questions - whatever answers are - no matter.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: