Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:39:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 20% of Bitcoin Remaining?  (Read 488 times)
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:53:36 PM

It's kinda true and sucks that a huge amount out bitcoins has been mined already. I remember when you could make more than 1 bitcoin easily in 2010 through mining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:53:59 PM

based on the assumption of my own observations bitcoin prices will soar because the total of 21 million is almost 80% mined and circulated, the less total supply will make the bitvoin increasingly rare and automatically surely the price soaring

Either bitcoin is really going to soar or some alt will take its place. I strongly think that we shouldn't be even having this debate now because by that time me and you will be dead probably,  by the time last bitcoin is mined. With limited supply price should be increasing only if people believe in bitcoin and only until they see it as something they can use whether it be a currency or an gold like asset that is in digital format. Thing is we can flip money and get rich, this is what matters at the ends of the day.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:17:38 PM

The possibility of higher prices is greater when the supply of bitcoin is completely mined, economic law also says so "prices will increase as demand continues to rise". Which is still in doubt is the demand for bitcoin to continue to increase if the supply is already mined? My short answer is that demand will increase if bitcoin prices do.
fritzwalter195

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:29:00 AM

I don't believe this.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:04:03 AM

A report have it that out of 21million Bitcoins, 16.8 million coins have been mined (investipedia). This means 80% of the coins have been mined. That means we have fewer coins available till 2140 (when all the coins would be mined). The question is, What will be the value of bitcoin? What is the current rate of mining?  Will the price go up too high because the remaining Bitcoin is small?

Dont worry,the more bitcoins had been mined,is the fewer miner can get,this means that 20% remaining bitcoins will make harder for the miner to gain all,it will take them another 20-50 years to mine all of that volume so dont bother about it..so about your question regarding price,its too soon to tackle.
Name: Claudio

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:08:52 AM

First of all this 20% that are not yet mined will be more harder to mine in the future as they know mining will end soon when the last BTC is mined, but I think there will be new coin to be mine after that, price will be determined still by the market value but I believe also the price will continue to increase to auction and bidding of BTC.
rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:18:15 AM

I think the remaining 20% percent is to small for the whole world to be struggling for which surely will sky rocket the price. Unless before that time the developers decided to increase the total volume of bitcoin more than the present 21,000,000.00  then the price may crash or hover around a certain level.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:29:48 AM

It's true that only 20 percent of bitcoins remain to be mined.But it would take almost 120 more years to get mined.So that would not create any price rise in bitcoin.

tlqewcwf

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:34:38 AM

The total number of bitcoins is an important factor leading to the rising price of bitcoin. We all know that it is the demand to determine the price, just because the demand for the community's continuous development of bitcoin is increasing, while bitcoin mining every four years to reduce the design will increase the price of bitcoin faster.
komatovo

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:46:03 AM

The total number of bitcoins is an important factor leading to the rising price of bitcoin. We all know that it is the demand to determine the price, just because the demand for the community's continuous development of bitcoin is increasing, while bitcoin mining every four years to reduce the design will increase the price of bitcoin faster.
Bitcoin’s 21 million is a low number. And the remaining Bitcoins to be mined are getting more and more valuable as the number of unmined coins is going down. The more coins are mined the more scarcity is produced on the market.
livingfree

Activity: 2772
Merit: 575

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:46:58 AM

What will be the value of bitcoin?
I'll not give you an exact price but each satoshi by this time is going to be worth it even the single satoshi that we have to pay for the miners fee will be worth that much.

What is the current rate of mining?
Can't do the Math for you about the rate of mining as I'm not a miner.

Will the price go up too high because the remaining Bitcoin is small?
Lesser supply will cause high demand that will lead each bitcoin to have an expensive amount.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:51:36 AM

If all the remaining 20% is mined, and the demand still is high, then this is when holding even a fraction of bitcoin will make you wealthy because more people will be chasing the limited bitcoins in the market and it will result in increase price.

there will be a market price where demand is high and goods are few, then the price will be uncontrollable and can set the market price at will, meaning many holders will become new millionaires. with unexpected benefits
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:00:25 AM

Limited supply will always ensure that the value remains high, this is why many coins doing an ICO will burn any unsold tokens. Bitcoin already has a fixed limit so it will always rise in value (long term). Ripple has an unlimited supply so not a good long term investment.
cryptovally01

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:34:27 PM

Yes around 80% of bitcoin has been already mined and only few amount of bitcoins are left. The price of those remaining bitcoin can be high it totally depends on the market cap. Though the market is supply is getting lower
 the value of bitcoin can go higher.
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:49:09 AM

A report have it that out of 21million Bitcoins, 16.8 million coins have been mined (investipedia). This means 80% of the coins have been mined. That means we have fewer coins available till 2140 (when all the coins would be mined). The question is, What will be the value of bitcoin? What is the current rate of mining?  Will the price go up too high because the remaining Bitcoin is small?

You do not really need to be a genius to know why it is going to happen, the demand for bitcoin will go up faster than the supply and when that happens the price goes up, how high it will go is something that no one knows, but I am completely convinced that it will go way higher than the previous all time high simply because it is impossible for the demand of bitcoin to go down.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:20:43 AM

You do not really need to be a genius to know why it is going to happen, the demand for bitcoin will go up faster than the supply and when that happens the price goes up, how high it will go is something that no one knows, but I am completely convinced that it will go way higher than the previous all time high simply because it is impossible for the demand of bitcoin to go down.

Op isnt genius because he doesnt calculate anything. He only got this information from a known source online. Anyways , i dont really agree to anyone that says the value of bitcoin can become expensive whenever the supply has run out because i believe the value of it will still depend on demand and not on the supply. If there were more people who constantly buy and hodl their coins , then the value can remain stable or become verry high but if everyone is selling and stop on buying, then the value can decrease.As simple as that.

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 05:15:22 AM

The logical answer to your question is that its price will definitely go up because of the law of supply and demand. But, I can't talk like this with any assurance at all because what you're asking is what will happen in a very distant future. Anything can happen and even if the supply in that future will be very diminished, we can't always say that its price will soar high.

What I'm trying to do right now is to live in the present day (in cryptosphere) and trade/invest based on the facts that we have right now. I know that this is speculation but I think this is a very moot point to talk over. Just saying.  Roll Eyes
cryptobluemoon

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:05:45 AM

20 percent of bitcoin take 20 years to get mined we need to wait until next twenty years to see all bitcoins mined and price will be around 1 million dollars
sainaselalisa

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:15:55 PM

Only 20 percent of Bitcoin is left for being mned. It depends more on its demand now. Surely, it is going to be more expensive now.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:07:36 PM

20 percent of bitcoin take 20 years to get mined we need to wait until next twenty years to see all bitcoins mined and price will be around 1 million dollars

This is not correct.
The last Bitcoin will never be mined completely.
Until 2036 more than 99.2% of the total supply will be mined. -> https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply
But keep in mined that already a good portion is lost forever. Some estimate that's a number 2-4 million coins, Satoshi's stash included.
So although we are still in the accumulation phase, the race and fight for the last 20% has already begun. Furthermore keep in mind that many coins are in strong hands and held in cold storage and therefore only a tiny fraction can be traded over the exchanges.
Therefore imo it's just a question of time before we see a crazy exponential price increase, which of course will be influenced by user growth and all the different network effects of BTC feeding each other.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: