Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:03:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need advice: How to make deals in crypto currency?  (Read 171 times)
CoinsAreBubble (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:19:25 PM

The question is following:

How to make deals in crypto currency?

As I know signing a document gives nothing, because it has no legal effect. I provide some services and it is a real headache sometimes.
Deals with < 1 BTC are completed with no problems. But if it is much bigger, here comes the problems. I can't change the type of payment. There is no fraud. Clients which I know in person do not ask such questions or have some mistrust. But if we don't know each other and he contacts me for service, there is a long conversation with no result. I want to break this wall.

Have you dealt with such problem? How did you solve it?
I would appreciate it if you could give me some advice. Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:43:01 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2018, 04:02:50 PM by audaciousbeing

As I know signing a document gives nothing, because it has no legal effect. I provide some services and it is a real headache sometimes.
Deals with < 1 BTC are completed with no problems. But if it is much bigger, here comes the problems. I can't change the type of payment. There is no fraud. Clients which I know in person do not ask such questions or have some mistrust. But if we don't know each other and he contacts me for service, there is a long conversation with no result. I want to break this wall.

When it comes to business, try to separate it from fun or closeness. If you are finding it difficult to break, just do it gradually. Get another friend of yours to act as your client executive and when you negotiate, just inform your client that my client executive will just send you some paper works just for organization purposes and nothing serious. Then inform them to send it back to you when they sign so as to avoid disagreements. Before you do that, just have a template letter of engagement or memorandum of understanding which will detailed all of your terms and currency expressly and ensure you comply with it. It might be difficult at first, but eventually they will fall in line and you can know within you that you have move forward in your service rendering.
sahabond

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:58:21 PM

in my opinion, it is necessary to conclude large transactions in the presence of personal protection and create an exchange only in case of actual confirmation of money.
sahabond

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:59:20 PM

it is even better to find large trading enterprises that work under smart contracts.
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1113

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:03:09 PM

have you considered using a escrow for larger deals?
even an exchange.
this could solve the problems.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
jahn_quid

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 06:56:33 AM

What exactly is the question?

Are you asking for a technical solution?

Or asking for advice on how to handle this personal situation?
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:58:28 PM

If I understand you correctly,  you are asking of how to  break the barrier of having a long conversation without no results? Since you say you don't know the client in person,  so don't blame them for asking questions to prove your authenticity. You can only reduce this by providing an online contract whereby you both will sign electronically and the consequences if any of you don't stand with the agreement.  And also provide an escrow option like the user above stated. Probably, these will them ask less questions and get down with business.
floripaolo

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 01:08:01 PM

We make "bigger" deals (real estate). Better done with professionals that have some passed experience in the field.... IMHO
CoinsAreBubble (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:18:18 PM

it is even better to find large trading enterprises that work under smart contracts.
It is quite complicated procedure. Doesn't worth it.
CoinsAreBubble (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:19:27 PM

What exactly is the question?

Are you asking for a technical solution?

Or asking for advice on how to handle this personal situation?
Second one.
CoinsAreBubble (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:23:15 PM

If I understand you correctly,  you are asking of how to  break the barrier of having a long conversation without no results? Since you say you don't know the client in person,  so don't blame them for asking questions to prove your authenticity. You can only reduce this by providing an online contract whereby you both will sign electronically and the consequences if any of you don't stand with the agreement.  And also provide an escrow option like the user above stated. Probably, these will them ask less questions and get down with business.
The problem is that a contract in crypto currency doesn't have any legal effect.
Escrows are also controversial option. I don't want always to work via escrows.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:37:45 PM

Well, you should explain to your clients why  you couldn't make a contract for the cryptos payment method, be transparent. And, I know you don't want another payment method as an option; but if you really want the growth of your business, it's best you should bend rules that will suit your clients. If they demand for another payment method aside cryptos kindly give them that advantage since you seem not to prefer escrow.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: