Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:19:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: real router and tor?  (Read 3108 times)
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 03:55:18 PM

hi!
is there an one who knows if there is any software that can act as a real router network router, but route all the traffic through the tor network?
like: tor <-> router <-> normal network

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 05:27:48 PM

what exactly are you trying to achieve?

if I understood you correctly, possible solution could be to use virtual machine and use NAT.
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 05:50:47 PM

what exactly are you trying to achieve?

if I understood you correctly, possible solution could be to use virtual machine and use NAT.
i try to achieve to anonymisize anything from my ISP.. i have 5 computers on my home network, so insted of setting tor up on them all, i would just do it on the router, and block very thing else. so all that my ISP sees is tor trafic.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 05:52:13 PM

What about JanusVM?

You setup JanusVM on 1 computer and create user accounts on it. Then you can create an VPN connection to JanusVM from all your computers. This will ensure that your traffic is routed through tor. Can be used for anything, not just websurfing. Personally I have setup a virtual machine which is running a VPN client to connect to JanusVM. Works great!

JanusVM is powered by VMware, built on the Linux 2.6.14 kernel, and brings together openVPN, Squid, Privoxy, and Tor, to give you a transparent layer of security and privacy that is compatible with all your TCP based applications. DNS request are also passed through Tor so even your ISP doesn't know what web site you are looking at. All your web traffic is passed through squid and privoxy to filter out unwanted internet junk & prevents your web browser from leaking information about your computer system.One of the core components that make this possible is an awesome piece of software called Tor. Tor is what allows you to re-route your traffic around the internet anonymously. A more detailed explanation of this can be found here.

Features:
* Works with WiFi.
* Support multiple users in a LAN.
* Protects you from most man-in-the-middle attacks.
* Protects you from Javascript, Java, and Flash based side-channel privacy attacks.
* Protects your identity and your true location by masking your IP Address.
* Encrypts and re-routes your DNS request and ALL TCP traffic to ensure strong privacy.
* Strips out most privacy sensitive information your web browser may leak.
* Blocks popups, annoying ads, banners, and other obnoxious Internet junk.
* Very simple setup and operation.
* Works transparently for applications using TCP. (No UDP or ICMP support)

kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 06:07:05 PM

What about JanusVM?

You setup JanusVM on 1 computer and create user accounts on it. Then you can create an VPN connection to JanusVM from all your computers. This will ensure that your traffic is routed through tor. Can be used for anything, not just websurfing. Personally I have setup a virtual machine which is running a VPN client to connect to JanusVM. Works great!

JanusVM is powered by VMware, built on the Linux 2.6.14 kernel, and brings together openVPN, Squid, Privoxy, and Tor, to give you a transparent layer of security and privacy that is compatible with all your TCP based applications. DNS request are also passed through Tor so even your ISP doesn't know what web site you are looking at. All your web traffic is passed through squid and privoxy to filter out unwanted internet junk & prevents your web browser from leaking information about your computer system.One of the core components that make this possible is an awesome piece of software called Tor. Tor is what allows you to re-route your traffic around the internet anonymously. A more detailed explanation of this can be found here.

Features:
* Works with WiFi.
* Support multiple users in a LAN.
* Protects you from most man-in-the-middle attacks.
* Protects you from Javascript, Java, and Flash based side-channel privacy attacks.
* Protects your identity and your true location by masking your IP Address.
* Encrypts and re-routes your DNS request and ALL TCP traffic to ensure strong privacy.
* Strips out most privacy sensitive information your web browser may leak.
* Blocks popups, annoying ads, banners, and other obnoxious Internet junk.
* Very simple setup and operation.
* Works transparently for applications using TCP. (No UDP or ICMP support)

sorry but a quick look, i think its crap. sorry Sad and i also don't want my internet to by filtert...

BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 06:11:56 PM

I think you're looking for a transparent proxy that routes all traffic through tor.

I've never set something like that up, but I think squid could do that or maybe even iptables alone would pull the trick.
kokjo (OP)
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 06:22:30 PM

I think you're looking for a transparent proxy that routes all traffic through tor.

I've never set something like that up, but I think squid could do that or maybe even iptables alone would pull the trick.

something like that, i researched a little, and found a (buggy and bloated) SOCKS to tap, which is great! just need to hack it together Cheesy

SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
April 23, 2011, 10:54:41 PM

What about JanusVM?

Gotta try that some time. Sounds awesome.

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
April 24, 2011, 01:53:36 AM

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Optware

this would be a pain in the ass and you would need one hell of a router, but it could work

em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2011, 09:20:07 AM

There's a bunch of open source wireless routers I bet you could mod to support TOR and bitcoin.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
Mahkul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
April 28, 2011, 10:39:19 PM

I would recommend Mikrotik stuff; it's very powerful, even though they specialize in wireless stuff: http://mikrotik.com/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: