Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:45:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] 0.1 BTC Identifying sender wallet ID (scrypt)  (Read 449 times)
CoinThinker (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Only the best is The be best...

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:05:33 PM

Hi All,

I am giving 0.1 BTC to the person who will provide a WORKING solution on how can I correctly identify the sender's wallet address based on the transaction ID for altcoins (like LEAF, DOGE, LOT, etc.) As they are basically all copies, the solution will work on all.

Basically, I have created a wallet, have the daemon running. I can correctly identify incoming transactions, etc. Sometimes however the sender address is not correctly fetched.

Appreciate swift replies. Smiley

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 12:07:51 AM

Hi All,

I am giving 0.1 BTC to the person who will provide a WORKING solution on how can I correctly identify the sender's wallet address based on the transaction ID for altcoins (like LEAF, DOGE, LOT, etc.) As they are basically all copies, the solution will work on all.

Basically, I have created a wallet, have the daemon running. I can correctly identify incoming transactions, etc. Sometimes however the sender address is not correctly fetched.

Appreciate swift replies. Smiley

There is no such thing as a wallet address.  There are only bitcoin (or altcoin) addresses.  A wallet can have one or more addresses.

There is no such thing (at the protocol level) as a "sender's address". Bitcoin (and related altcoins) don't send from addresses, then spend unspent outputs.  There is no way to reliably determine from a transaction what address you can use to safely send bitcoins (or related altcoins) to the person that sent you the bitcoins.

You should ask the user what address they want the bitcoins (or altcoins) sent to.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: