Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:42:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Facebook and Amazon accept bitcoin?  (Read 2365 times)
bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:37:59 AM

What's the benefit of it though?

Gyft accepts BTC and offers an easy method, and for that I can see why someone would do it because their buying power has grown significantly and they don't have to mess with an exchange.

My benefit is that I can take money i've mined and buy a pizza via Gyfts Papa Johns card, or order food or any services via Amazon.  It's quite an amazing concept once you think that you can become self-sufficient. 
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:45:50 AM

What about Groupon or Living Social? Can they somehow use bitcoin? would there even be a point?

the main reason I want to see these popular companies to implement bitcoin is to spread awareness, we need user adoption to happen first and then we can see big advancements in merchant adoption

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
J_Dubbs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:27:54 AM

What's the benefit of it though?

Gyft accepts BTC and offers an easy method, and for that I can see why someone would do it because their buying power has grown significantly and they don't have to mess with an exchange.

My benefit is that I can take money i've mined and buy a pizza via Gyfts Papa Johns card, or order food or any services via Amazon.  It's quite an amazing concept once you think that you can become self-sufficient.  

No no... I understand the value in using your mined BTC to buy things you would otherwise. I was hoping for Walmart cards on Gyft and I was going to mine for groceries, then put my cash into something different. Anyways, I digress.

My question is what is the benefit using Facebook bucks on Gyft?? Is it just so you can send a friend a card?

Re-read my post you responded to.

EDIT: OHHHH! <facepalm> I see. They take BTC and sell FB points, okay I get it. I thought they were accepting some type of Facebook payments, and that I didn't understand. All clear.
luqash3

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:56:21 PM

Dafar I don’t think Amazon or other big companies should accept the payment in bitcoins like bitcoins are in continuous conflict with world powers that really don’t show sensibility to trade in bitcoins. Moreover bitcoins prices are highly volatile which further discourage big companies to use it as an alternative USD etc
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 02:51:14 AM

usually it is a one way deal.

if zynga accepts bitcoins it will only be to buy zynga poker chips etc, they cant go the other way otherwise they become a gambling website.

who knows it might happen sooner or later...
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:28:41 PM

Dafar I don’t think Amazon or other big companies should accept the payment in bitcoins like bitcoins are in continuous conflict with world powers that really don’t show sensibility to trade in bitcoins. Moreover bitcoins prices are highly volatile which further discourage big companies to use it as an alternative USD etc

They could have a setup where they cash out into fiat moments after someone pays them in bitcoin equivalent. That way they don't have to worry about the volatility and they get the benefits of bitcoin and lowers the risk of fraud charges.... right?

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████