Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:00:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy 1 ounce Silver. End the Fed  (Read 347 times)
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:59:21 PM

In 2012, there were lots of internet talks "Buy 1 ounce silver. End the Fed" then Silver fell to $9/ounce

Bitcoin has the same story with all the anti-government and anonymous talks.   Grin
Not exactly. These two have totally different background. Why do you have to compare two totally different things with totally different nature? Bitcoin is volatile. Silver is not.
Well, you just valued the crypto you sold in terms of fiat--just like everyone does, and for good reason.  If not many merchants accept bitcoin, and the ones that do price everything in terms of fiat, there's no real way 1BTC has any meaning by itself.
Only this forum values 1BTC for 1BTC. Everyone else,values it in fiat.
I don't think metals are a great investment, even though they've been beaten down to the point where you might think they're cheap enough to buy.  But hey, I hope you make money and I do see the appeal of owning some nice coins or bullion.  Having something physical representing wealth has an allure to it that is absent with bitcoin.
Alternative: Buy physical bitcoins made out of metals Cheesy

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thefatman82

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:25:01 PM

Crypto is not so easily manioulated by a group of shadow rich guys frome above. So I think crypto is not like that.
L_777

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:01:28 AM

In 2012, there were lots of internet talks "Buy 1 ounce silver. End the Fed" then Silver fell to $9/ounce

Bitcoin has the same story with all the anti-government and anonymous talks.   Grin

I see the parallel that you are pointing out. There is a big difference between the two, however.  Silver is a small market that is easily controlled by a small group of players. With a market cap of 52 billion US, it can be manipulated on forward contracts with the creation of "paper ounces" and sold short.    

The crypto-market (to which I assume you refer because "anti-government and anonymous talks" are directed at all cryptos, not just BTC)
is huge in comparison at almost 400 billion at the time of this writing.  This market is relatively hard to control by a small group of players.

Also, a slump in cryptos wont last a decade the way it does in precious metals.   It hasn't even been around for a decade.  

From a free market perspective, I have more faith in crypto as a means of liquidity and even as store of value than I do in silver (or gold for that matter.)

That's just me pontificating though.

Everything can be manipulated and i believe that those with the largest amount of bitcoins can easily do that by creating FUD which in turns makes the value go lower so that they can sell at a cheap value.

True, but we're talking about the interaction of many players here, as opposed to to a "fix" by a hand-full of bullion banks.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:42:23 AM

Bitcoin has the same story with all the anti-government and anonymous talks.   Grin

Nice FUD you made there. Do you work for the Fed?

This is whats going to happen. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with good fundamentals will see a bull market that we have not seen before conquering the world like how the technology companies did, and "End the Fed" at the same time.

Ty.
First77 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:57:40 AM

I have high speed internet at home since 12 years. I read the internet. See my twitter page below for more.....
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:54:32 AM

I have high speed internet at home since 12 years. I read the internet. See my twitter page below for more.....

Okay so you have been trolling the internet for 12 years lol?

No I wont see your Twitter page because all you want is followers to listen to your crap.
First77 (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:35:12 AM

Okay so you have been trolling the internet for 12 years lol? No I wont see your Twitter page because all you want is followers to listen to your crap.

Why am I here posting  Huh
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:37:53 AM

Bitcoin has the same story with all the anti-government and anonymous talks.   Grin

I see the parallel that you are pointing out. There is a big difference between the two, however.  Silver is a small market that is easily controlled by a small group of players. With a market cap of 52 billion US, it can be manipulated on forward contracts with the creation of "paper ounces" and sold short.    

The crypto-market (to which I assume you refer because "anti-government and anonymous talks" are directed at all cryptos, not just BTC)
is huge in comparison at almost 400 billion at the time of this writing.  This market is relatively hard to control by a small group of players.

Also, a slump in cryptos wont last a decade the way it does in precious metals.   It hasn't even been around for a decade.  

From a free market perspective, I have more faith in crypto as a means of liquidity and even as store of value than I do in silver (or gold for that matter.)

OP just gave me a mini heart attack. Thanks yo this post, i could sleep at tonight with a smile on my face. For one thing, i don't see crypto as a bubble but these articles really shakes by belief about all these. So, just hold on to your coins and we will be laughing in the end.

squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:59:46 AM

Crypto currencies, especially Bitcoin, is far from silver. They're not even the same species. I don't have to explain it because alot of people already post why it is so, so I'm just going to add that crypto currency will be stronger and more stable as time goes on and soon it will be undeniable.

Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:14:51 AM

If its legal, I would like to see a website similar to localbitcoins made for gold/silver/precious metals and commodities. A place where people could conceivably trade their gold or silver coins/bullion for land, real estate, cars and other things. If gold and silver were given extra utility whereby more widespread support for utilization in actual markets were available, I think demand for gold/silver would rise and their respective price would rise as well.

It could benefit bitcoin and crypto currencies. Investors who were too afraid to risk capital on bitcoin, could instead feel encouraged to buy gold or silver. In this case, precious metals could serve as a type of "gateway drug" to mass adoption of crypto as things like limited supply which help to reinforce the value and stability of precious metals also apply to crypto currencies to a degree.

More education and greater information being available on topics like precious metals and bitcoin cold only benefit the public and consumers having more options to pay for things via the introduction of broader support for precious metals could help the average person to better comprehend economic and financial policy which could lend greater support towards crypto and areas where it is needed the most.
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:21:04 AM

Okay so you have been trolling the internet for 12 years lol? No I wont see your Twitter page because all you want is followers to listen to your crap.

Why am I here posting  Huh

Good that you asked yourself that question. You will realize that it is because you need consolation that bitcoin will work and won't disappoint you like silver did.
Don't you worry. Bitcoin's story is not the same. It is not really anti-government. It is more like an antidote to all that ails the government. You have nothing to worry if you are invested in bitcoin.
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 08:11:30 AM

The Fed is too strong and to big to be fell. Its will make our world economy colaps  i think. Domination the fed on world economy is very big and its appears when they want to rise the rate.
Bitcoin can not make the fed fell but maybe can disrupting banks bussiness
really01

Activity: 150
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:25:20 AM

for silver or BTC, it is have some same characteristics.
1. The value is pushed higher than the value used (here I am referring to the value of their current application, not to mention its inside price) it's like a bubble is blowing over necessary.
2. The market can be manipulated by large financial institutions.
But to say its is the same is not true. One is material and the other is the cryptocurrency asset. it is traded in completely different ways
L_777

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:17:58 PM

If its legal, I would like to see a website similar to localbitcoins made for gold/silver/precious metals and commodities. A place where people could conceivably trade their gold or silver coins/bullion for land, real estate, cars and other things. If gold and silver were given extra utility whereby more widespread support for utilization in actual markets were available, I think demand for gold/silver would rise and their respective price would rise as well.

It could benefit bitcoin and crypto currencies. Investors who were too afraid to risk capital on bitcoin, could instead feel encouraged to buy gold or silver. In this case, precious metals could serve as a type of "gateway drug" to mass adoption of crypto as things like limited supply which help to reinforce the value and stability of precious metals also apply to crypto currencies to a degree.

More education and greater information being available on topics like precious metals and bitcoin cold only benefit the public and consumers having more options to pay for things via the introduction of broader support for precious metals could help the average person to better comprehend economic and financial policy which could lend greater support towards crypto and areas where it is needed the most.

I agree.  There is synergy between the crypto markets and the metal markets.  From what I can see, crypto space has a relatively high percentage of metal investors.  In the end, I think crypto will drive the adoption of metal, and metal will drive the adoption of crypto.  They are stronger together. 

Consider the use case: Crypto markets are too volatile -> convert part of portfolio to metal. 
L_777

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:31:42 PM

OP just gave me a mini heart attack. Thanks yo this post, i could sleep at tonight with a smile on my face. For one thing, i don't see crypto as a bubble but these articles really shakes by belief about all these. So, just hold on to your coins and we will be laughing in the end.

Glad I could help.  Don't worry about the fudsters, just keep your eyes on the prize. 
First77 (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:41:43 PM

The Fed is too strong and to big to be fell. Its will make our world economy colaps  i think. Domination the fed on world economy is very big and its appears when they want to rise the rate. Bitcoin can not make the fed fell but maybe can disrupting banks bussiness

$20 Trillion debts does not look good for Federal Reserve.
hamade

Activity: 337
Merit: 150

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:30:58 PM

Yes , bitcoin was in 2009 about 0.01 $ and in little years become about 20000$
bitcoin will be more importance from the gold , bitcoin will exceed the Moon
Wilfrer

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:50:40 PM

I think the silver market is more transparent and easy to control than Bitcoin in particular and virtual currency in general. Thus, there will be no governmental bargaining or control for the virtual currency. So, they have to ban them. However, the virtual currency is anonymous and it seems the participant will never be revealed. So many people find it because of the properties it brings as well as the huge profits from investing in it.

darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1343

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:53:33 PM

Are you sure Silver is used in solar panels ? That is HUGE BUSINESS now worldwide.

yes 100% sure:

The average solar panel actually uses about two-thirds of an ounce of silver, which is about 20 grams. That might not sound like a lot, but at around $20 an ounce it contributes more to the cost of solar than it does to the other industrial products that use silver.

And that's just one of its uses. The battery market may be at least as big as the solar panels.

According to Ortega, when silver-zinc is compared with the smallest Li-ion batteries available, the silver-zinc cell has a 57-percent greater energy density, whereas the largest silver-zinc cell is greater by 20 percent over the best performing Li-ion option available. He also said silver-zinc rechargeable microbatteries have been shown to be safer and better for the environment.

I actually have a silver-calcium battery in the car right now.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
J-N

Activity: 100
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:28:01 PM

Why not? Your wealth should be diversified. Buy silver or gold or other metal, and keep the part of your money evaluated in these commodities. Also buy Bitcoin or other crypto-currencies, or the shares of a companies, or the fiat currencies of other countries. The price of silver is more stable than the price of BTC, but I guess that this metal won't grow in the near future.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: