Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:53:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Security  (Read 1912 times)
cafechino
Copper Member

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:21:58 AM

we all know that btc is number one cryptocurrency, and the security system also very strong enough.but we should always be aware of hackers, they may heal your data if you have weak password for your wallet,probably there is no chance of hack wallets now, because people are very smart.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 08:35:19 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency which is some codes on programming otherwise nothing. So, the security is matter. Nowadays even the best digital wallet also not fully secure. I have had some token in the Spectrocoin wallet but now the wallet is empty. So, using of a Ledger or Trezor may solve this security problem.
riyarana1123
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 09:09:55 AM

There are different types of wallets are there to secure the bitcoin that investors can use to save their accounts and we all have to keep one thing in our mind that the passwords,private keys and the wallet address.P.C is always be on the save place and no one else know about them only this thing can help us to save our bitcoin account from  thieves and hackers.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:16:55 AM

There are different types of wallets are there to secure the bitcoin that investors can use to save their accounts and we all have to keep one thing in our mind that the passwords,private keys and the wallet address.P.C is always be on the save place and no one else know about them only this thing can help us to save our bitcoin account from  thieves and hackers.

Truly, there are different types of wallets to consider when choosing to keepsafe our bitcoins. Though a personal computer may sound the safest practically, there are still a lot of considerations to take and safety precautions to ensure that the computer is not prone from any possible hack or attack. And should one wish to keep their bitcoin in storage for a long time, a hardware wallet might prove to be a more viable option but should be well kept and safe guarded.
BIPBot

Activity: 43
Merit: 8

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:42:36 AM

Please Buy a Hardware Wallet

Those who are the least experienced are the most vulnerable so basically newbies or small time investors.  Most of us haven't experienced losing coins yet, either directly or through a friend.  We probably download stuff we don't need, leave our private keys in some email we had sent a while ago and probably leave our desktop wallets open a bit too long.  So we need to make sure our investments is protected.

We could always use a hardware wallet. Hardware wallets are a device that essentially store your private key on it so you can't be keylogged and requires you to input a password onto it, not your computer, before unlocking the wallet and withdrawing any coins.  It is quiet safe, its secure and only the person with possession of the hardware wallet can withdraw funds

Some Hardware wallets are
Ledger Nano S - https://www.amazon.com/Ledger-Nano-Cryptocurrency-Hardware-Wallet/dp/B01J66NF46/
KeepKey - https://www.amazon.com/KeepKey-Simple-Cryptocurrency-Hardware-Wallet/dp/B0143M2A5S/
Trezor - https://www.amazon.com/Satoshi-Labs-bitcoin-wallet-white/dp/B00P5HU80A/
Minhxx

Activity: 412
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 01:27:00 PM

I secure my wallet by using the password provided by the server and some of the characters I added, and I never logged in with unknown sources from my machine.

[
⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣   ⬣⬣⬣   ⬣     ComboNetwork.io     ⬣   ⬣⬣⬣   ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
gamechangers

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 01:36:41 PM

using a very good wallet like the hardware wallet is the best place to store your bitcoins. using an online wallet is okay but not as good as the ledger wallet that can be connected to your pc or laptops.
DILUMYLIFE

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 02:07:04 PM

Unless you publish your private key it is safe and secured. Bitcoin has good and strong security system itself & you will be able to keep it more secured by using a Hardware Wallet. Smiley
378budiman

Activity: 299

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 02:41:52 PM

Comparative Bitcoin has good security compared to other currencies. and I now need to secure my wallet from hecker and those who want good intentions, because bitcoin always asks for the correct password and e-mail, so it's really safe.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:26:36 PM

Hi All

What do you use for your bitcoin security, I have been looking into usb style password protectors, but don't know enough about them as to the trust that I should place in them.

Has anyone bought them and would you recommend them?

Many thanks

Airdrop291

If you are saying about the bitcoin wallet, yes there is a security that we need to apply and to use it too.
We need to have a strong password, then private key,or phrase key words must be save as your backup wallet to avoid
hackers as well. And you can use electrum wallet, it has a an options in terms of security.
rikybrosh

Activity: 478
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 03:58:22 PM

For big amount of bitcoin then I suggest you to use hardware wallet with full sync client it's also help bitcoin security.just avoid to save your bitcoin in online wallet or exchange site for long term. Butonline wallet is the most practical to use. I currently use blockchain.info mobile wallet version. I usually makes easy transactions with it.

antoarwadi

Activity: 170

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:23:54 PM

Hi All

What do you use for your bitcoin security, I have been looking into usb style password protectors, but don't know enough about them as to the trust that I should place in them.

Has anyone bought them and would you recommend them?

Many thanks

Airdrop291
I personally only use an online wallet to store my Bitcoin, I think it's safe enough and it's still safe. But if the online wallet makes you worry about being broken by hackers you can use a hardware wallet service that is now widely available for crypto holders such as: Trezor or Ledzer Nano S, they will provide extra security for your Bitcoin.
kokobaba880

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:54:14 PM

I think i have use my privacy like i use personal pc and mobile for accessing my wallet and using of standard wallet i feel better and i would like to use crypto for online payment so i have used a smart wallet and they have fast transaction ability while the fee charged for transaction is also normal and enough for my bitcoin and coins security i have not used any expensive and tough wallets for bitcoin security.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: