Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 02:41:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Technical Indicator that Matters!  (Read 3311 times)
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:46:56 AM

It's so hard to say in this market, man.  I've been burned wayyyy too many times in this market, where I would have been fine if I just held.  I'm done day trading.

I'm hodling for the longest time.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
black_swan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:47:25 AM

I tried to get my Dad into Bitcoin two years ago and finally convinced him to buy at $31/coin. The price promptly tanked after the Big Hack at Mt Gox thatdrove the price down to 3$. I looked like a chump to my dad for 18 MONTHS before the April rally put him in the black. Now of course I've been vindicated, but only because Dad never even had the technical knowledge to withdraw. 18 months, Gentlemen. Buy an amount you can afford to not access for years and hold it. Even in a down market, Dad's up 2000% now. Just don't forget where you left it or how to get it back.

I think most of us are with you on this. Most speculators lose money (but hey they also make money!)
I have been interested in trading for a few months and I regularly check indicators but at the end of the day indicators just describe a certain situation at a moment on time (that moment, not now!)
I think trading based on news and announcements is the way to go at this stage until the market grows further and can sustain itself.
And I wouldn't wait for any discount, I think $200 is very unlikely
yenom

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:25:57 PM

I think trading based on news and announcements is the way to go at this stage until the market grows further and can sustain itself.

If you already have some BTC, I think HODLING is the way to go at this stage. I'm hoping for another crash so I can add to my position, I think we will get one when the US releases some negative news regarding bitcoin. It will probably happen at some point...
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:27:59 PM

If you already have some BTC, I think HODLING is the way to go at this stage. I'm hoping for another crash so I can add to my position, I think we will get one when the US releases some negative news regarding bitcoin. It will probably happen at some point...

Lets hope you are sitting online ready to buy when it happens then.

p.s this HODLING shit is getting old real quick. anyone using that term is going on my shit list for people who aren't worth talking to. Because anyone that has to incessantly repeat something like this as if it's funny isn't someone worth listening to.
yenom

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:32:12 PM

p.s this HODLING shit is getting old real quick. anyone using that term is going on my shit list for people who aren't worth talking to. Because anyone that has to incessantly repeat something like this as if it's funny isn't someone worth listening to.

I really think you should let that go. HODLING onto something like that isn't good for your stress levels.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: