Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:00:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: The inevitable collapse of hubris  (Read 5575 times)
revans (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:49:48 PM

Looks like the great Bitcoin pump and dump swindle is coming to its inevitable conclusion. Soon, all the vested interests who were screaming at people to buy in at $1000, telling people to sell their houses, cars, shirt off their back to buy buy buy will be shouting 'SUCKERS!'.

I hope there are plenty of people who lose absolutely everything to this scam. And I hope their utter financial ruin will serve as a warning. Bitcoin was always going to collapse, and most of its most noisy supporters knew damn well it would. Do you really think the Winkledouche twins believe their price projections? Not a chance. What about Max Keiser, the guy who has spent a decade complaining about dodgy financial products like derivatives, next thing he's promoting a Bitcoin derivatives market! Shysters one and all.
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:52:43 PM

This time it's different™

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:55:30 PM

Looks like the great Bitcoin pump and dump swindle is coming to its inevitable conclusion. Soon, all the vested interests who were screaming at people to buy in at $1000, telling people to sell their houses, cars, shirt off their back to buy buy buy will be shouting 'SUCKERS!'.

I hope there are plenty of people who lose absolutely everything to this scam. And I hope their utter financial ruin will serve as a warning. Bitcoin was always going to collapse, and most of its most noisy supporters knew damn well it would. Do you really think the Winkledouche twins believe their price projections? Not a chance. What about Max Keiser, the guy who has spent a decade complaining about dodgy financial products like derivatives, next thing he's promoting a Bitcoin derivatives market! Shysters one and all.

You "hope" people lose "absolutely everything?"  What kind of sick person are you?

By the way, you realize that this wasn't the largest bubble to happen to Bitcoin right?

Here, http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#tgSzm1g10zm2g25zvzl everything is looking just fine and dandy.  Yawn. 
revans (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:04:18 PM

You "hope" people lose "absolutely everything?"  What kind of sick person are you?

By the way, you realize that this wasn't the largest bubble to happen to Bitcoin right?

Here, http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#tgSzm1g10zm2g25zvzl everything is looking just fine and dandy.  Yawn. 

It hasn't finished crashing yet. By the time it does it will be by far the biggest (and possibly final) Bitcoin bubble.
chufchuf

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:10:40 PM

Kim Jong Un, is that you?
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:11:26 PM

Wow folks have lost a lot of perspective.

Funny when there is a crash, always a big flood of posts, mostly from bitcoin newbs, saying the sky is falling.

Things really aren't that bad. 2 months ago we were less than 200, now it may stablize around 500? Oh boy ya what a nightmare, more than 200% in 2 months. Oh noes oh noes sell sell bitcoin is finished ! lol, this is pretty silly. A 250% gain in price! Whew what a crash !

The Chinese position change really hurts but overall it isn't like a death strike to bitcoin like many are making it out to be.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:12:59 PM

You "hope" people lose "absolutely everything?"  What kind of sick person are you?

He is the kind of person who pops up every crash to say I told you so, and pops in now and again to call the absolute tops on the bubble at $300, $400, $500, $600.....u get the idea.

Not to be listened to.

An inverse form of a Bitcoin nutter.

Funny when there is a crash, always a big flood of posts, mostly from bitcoin newbs, saying the sky is falling.

Things really aren't that bad. 2 months ago we were less than 200, now it may stablize around 500? Oh boy ya what a nightmare, more than 200% in 2 months. Oh noes oh noes sell sell bitcoin is finished ! lol, this is pretty silly. A 250% gain in price! Whew what a crash !

Nice to hear confirmation from such an expert that $500 is as low as it is going to go.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:13:04 PM

It hasn't finished crashing yet. By the time it does it will be by far the biggest (and possibly final) Bitcoin bubble.

Even if it drops to $75 it won't be the biggest bubble.

For it to be the final bubble, price needs to hit $0.  This will never happen because I will always be willing to buy BTC at some price.

Did you even look at that link I pasted?  At current prices we're up >400% in the past 6 months, and we're following the logarithmic trendline just dandily.

TL;DR:  This isn't anything out of the ordinary.  You must be new.
revans (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:13:14 PM

The Chinese position change really hurts but overall it isn't like a death strike to bitcoin like many are making it out to be.

People who bought in at $1200 probably disagree with you.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:16:48 PM

People lose money sometimes playing the markets?  Really?  You're blowing my mind, man!
SuperHakka

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:24:37 PM

hubris come, hubris go. i is been around a lot and bitcoin right now has hubris off the charts heehe. bitcoin is good, maybe even great, but its not THAT great. don't be forgetting bitcoin is still in beta and there are a lot of things which stop it from hitting mainstream.

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
glendall
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:41:41 PM

Anyone who bought at 1200 is not very wise.  You never buy anything at the peak of a bubble. It's no surprise to lose money if so, that's a really dumb idea.

I told my friends who wanted to get into Bitcoin to wait until after Xmas where I predicted the price would be around $600. And I still think I'm going to be right.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
glendall
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:43:54 PM

Nice to hear confirmation from such an expert that $500 is as low as it is going to go.

I'm not an expert but I definitely know a lot more than a lot of people posting in this thread.  I'm generally right in my predictions of price movement.  I bought in around $15 a bitcoin initially and mined before that, so I've seen it go up and down since then. My comments still stand, I think they are reasonable... if you don't agree that's okay, but no need for petty sarcasm.

Okay you think a 500 bottom is dumb. (So far it seems reasonable to me.) What do you think the bottom will be?

It's really easy to sit back and point out how some folk's speculations are wrong while not contributing any thoughts on what a 'correct' speculation is.

Reading your OP I can only think of two reasons why you'd post it:  a) you are really bad trader or investor, and got butt hurt about losing money recently (whereas I made a good profit)     b) you are just trying to spread fear in some weak attempt to push prices down further so you can buy back in.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:36:21 PM

Reading your OP I can only think of two reasons why you'd post it:  a) you are really bad trader or investor, and got butt hurt about losing money recently (whereas I made a good profit)     b) you are just trying to spread fear in some weak attempt to push prices down further so you can buy back in.

I have been calling a downturn right from $1000, and get insulted and called clueless all the way down.

I consider that I have done quite well overall. After all, I jumped in right at the manic stage of the bubble, and traded around the delusional 'New Paradigm' double top. As far as market direction goes, I give myself 9/10.

Market entry and exit timing on the otherhand leaves much to be desired.

Right now, I am looking at the chart, and there is absolutely nothing about it that might incentivise me to re-enter, save for a further crash down to $200 followed by a definite sharp bounce back that I might be able to profit from. Aside from the what the charts are saying, there is this China thing which is far from over yet.

I mean, anyone would have to be off their fkn rocker to buy in here, right?

Simply using the past two bubble and crash scenarios as a template, there is absolutely nothing to suggest that this is the bottom and nothing to suggest that the absolute bottom will not be dragged through the mud over a stagnatory period of time, allowing those who still believe in the fundamentals to jump on board for the next ride up. Of course, one cannot use past events as a template for projection of future happenings, as perhaps their will not be another Bitcoin ride up, although for the time being, I imagine that there will be.

I aint calling a bottom and I will re-enter the market when I think it might be beneficial to do so, and that certainly isn't right now.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
rampantparanoia

Activity: 516
Merit: 283

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:46:44 PM

*sniffs OP*

smells like despair
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:59:53 PM

I hope there are plenty of people who lose absolutely everything to this scam. And I hope their utter financial ruin will serve as a warning.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have located a bag holder that bought at $1200.  Cheesy

Looks like the great Bitcoin pump and dump swindle is coming to its inevitable conclusion.
You don't honestly believe it's the end of Bitcoin do you? I think we both know that's not true.

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:12:51 PM

No

T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:24:57 PM

I mean, anyone would have to be off their fkn rocker to buy in here, right?

The funny thing is it's actually the reverse. In my humble opinion they are the most likely to win. As long as they are only "quite greedy" and therefore decide to go "long" (one year) then they are looking at a dream investment by any standards.

Its the people who so badly want to double their money in an hour who are off their rockers.

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 10:28:17 PM

If you're into bitcoins for short term profit, and aren't very good at day trading, prepare your anus.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 11:46:52 PM

If anyone bought at $1200 then they should have only done so if they fully understood there was a chance that they may have to hold through a serious decline.

Funny thing is you could say the same about any entry price.

Mostly though, in every case just waiting 6-12 months on whatever price you entered has usually worked out ok. I don't see this time being any different.

Past performance not necessarily a future indicator yada yada.

Of course if you invested only what you could afford, there isn't a problem right?

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:00:03 AM

Soon, all the vested interests who were screaming at people to buy in at $1000, telling people to sell their houses, cars, shirt off their back to buy buy buy will be shouting 'SUCKERS!'.

I hope there are plenty of people who lose absolutely everything to this scam. And I hope their utter financial ruin will serve as a warning.

regardless of people's decision. Whether it is greed or not. I wouldn't be happy for someone in financial ruin (if that happens).

You probably hate yourself, so your happy when other people are in despair..

The type of person who if you didn't like the neighbor and his house burnt down. You would be happy.

Avalanche is a must own
CoinGeneral

Activity: 182

The General

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:04:49 AM

Anyone who bought at 1200 is not very wise.  You never buy anything at the peak of a bubble. It's no surprise to lose money if so, that's a really dumb idea.

I forgot people had the ability TO KNOW WHAT THE PEAK PRICE IS

/sarcasm

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 12:10:39 AM

Soon, all the vested interests who were screaming at people to buy in at $1000, telling people to sell their houses, cars, shirt off their back to buy buy buy will be shouting 'SUCKERS!'.

regardless of people's decision. Whether it is greed or not. I wouldn't be happy for someone in financial ruin (if that happens).

You probably hate yourself, so your happy when other people are in despair..

The type of person who if you didn't like the neighbor and his house burnt down. You would be happy.

You forget those are the people calling for the collapse of modern civilization while they think to be Lord Humongous in the resulting dystopia.

A good deal of Schadenfreude is well deserved.
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 12:28:05 AM

By the time it does it will be by far the biggest (and possibly final) Bitcoin bubble.
The final bubble? That'd be nice. Wishful thinking, though; as much as I'd prefer a relatively stable valuation, people will surely overreact to new technology/infrastructure coming online.

You forget those are the people calling for the collapse of modern civilization while they think to be Lord Humongous in the resulting dystopia.

Do you really think that everyone who got excited about Bitcoin late and made a big bet on it was some kind of face-stomping villain? That's an awfully cold assessment, in a world where nearly every cause - even noble ones - could stand to benefit from some extra cash in the bank.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
Logik

Activity: 315
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:34:55 AM

People like the OP don't realise that the exchange rate is not bitcoin itself, but only one small part of it. It's currency speculation. That's it. It doesn't matter at all to bitcoin itself. In fact, every bubble brings more and more media attention and participation in the larger bitcoin world.

I think the problem is that the USD/BTC exchange rate is the only thing ever reported on by the media, and so people get an extremely skewed view of what exactly Bitcoin is about. Bitcoin isn't an investment fund or a company, and it really doesn't matter if the exchange rate is $1 or $1000.

An analogy is if I told you that I speculated on oil futures and lost heaps of money, then ran around telling people that oil was just useless and stupid and everybody is going to stop using it in their manufacturing processes because of all the bad publicity.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:50:51 AM

An analogy is if I told you that I speculated on oil futures and lost heaps of money, then ran around telling people that oil was just useless and stupid and everybody is going to stop using it in their manufacturing processes because of all the bad publicity.
totally

porc

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:05:21 AM

Reality check: Bitcoins are only "cheap"  Cheesy when compared to the pyramid high price of 1200 dollars. They are nose bleed territory expensive, when compared to the few cents they were worth originally.

geraFoerra

Activity: 116

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:09:06 AM

Reality check: Bitcoins are only "cheap"  Cheesy when compared to the pyramid high price of 1200 dollars. They are nose bleed territory expensive, when compared to the few cents they were worth originally.

Bitcoins were worth cents many years ago, but 1200 dollars recently. So more appropriate is to say Bitcoins are cheap now
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4505

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:23:22 AM

LOLOLOL

Bubbles, bubbles, so many bubbles.

Mmmm, Cheap coins.

Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:37:23 AM

I'm not sure hoping that speculators lose everything is a particularly kind world view.  It's rather destructive to the soul.

We've seen bubbles come and bubbles go, with each one inflating to a much higher price than before.  Maybe this one will reinflate too, but I'm thinking we're running out of suckers to tap.  We've had a go at the Chinese and they said 'mei you' pretty quickly.  If anything the Chinese have done us a favour and proven the long held theory that an effective way to destroy the value of bitcoin is not to attack the commodity directly, but to cut off the money supply to exchanges that trade in it.  Other governments have surely taken note.
Zooey

Activity: 241

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:38:54 AM

Kim Jong Un, is that you?

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
Vagnavs
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 02:58:33 AM

I'm not sure hoping that speculators lose everything is a particularly kind world view.  It's rather destructive to the soul.

agree, now think of the elderly.. Things are slowing down for them, maybe not running on all cylinders. They decided to invest in the hopes of making some money. It's hard not to feel bad, rather than being happy OP.

Avalanche is a must own
taenaive

Activity: 129

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 03:30:44 AM

people don't get distracted by short term swings and emotions. Bitcoin always go up in long term.

earth coin: eoX4aTUvARB1UuBG5Mm48hH2QvVM48CZhd
my reputation thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504795.0
Stake

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:32:19 AM

As I've been watching, it seems like there's a wall ~500 USD.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 03:42:16 AM

Bitcoin was always going to collapse, and most of its most noisy supporters knew damn well it would.

When did Bitcoin "Collapse"?   Are you seriously retarded?

Its December 18.

We were at $208 ..... November 1.   That's what.  A whole month 1/2 ago?

China came .... we went up.

China left .... we go back down.   And not even all the way back down.

Common sense.

When Bitcoin hits $200, then crashes to $15 .....

At that point .... and only at that point ... will your words have any meaning.

Until then, a fucking $500 "stock" hasn't collapsed.

Unless you think Apple is in the shitter right now too ($550) .... Or Amazon.com currently at $375 .... surely they're going out of business.   You idiot ....

Your capability for rational thought is a total disaster "revans".

Please get some perspective.  

-Burger-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Zooey

Activity: 241

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:03:51 AM

agree, now think of the elderly.. Things are slowing down for them, maybe not running on all cylinders. They decided to invest in the hopes of making some money. It's hard not to feel bad, rather than being happy OP.

Wait just a minute there.  What about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Dumb broad

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:21:35 AM

The thing is in 2011 some people bought in at the top of the 'bubble'...it then crashed, they moaned and bitched but by April 2013 their investment had multiplied eight fold...which was when some other folk invested before it crashed again.  They bitched and moaned but the wise ones held and eight months later their investment had tripled.

So, if you bought in at $1200....just wait a while...you'll still get a better return than at your local bank.

jballs

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 09:17:31 AM

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 03:34:43 PM

Do you really think that everyone who got excited about Bitcoin late and made a big bet on it was some kind of face-stomping villain? That's an awfully cold assessment, in a world where nearly every cause - even noble ones - could stand to benefit from some extra cash in the bank.
Here is the thing: Noble causes aren't pursued by people after this kind of gain.
No, besides a very few exceptions nobody in this community even thinks about the betterment of mankind, even more with the recent wave.
BittBurger

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 05:50:12 PM

I woke up today to see Bitcoin back up, pushing 700 again .... and first thing I thought of was ... "I wonder how stupid revans feels right now?"

Our "collapse of hubris" isn't panning out like you (prematurely) ejaculated.  I mean predicted.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 05:52:57 PM

I woke up today to see Bitcoin back up, pushing 700 again .... and first thing I thought of was ... "I wonder how stupid revans feels right now?"

Our "collapse of hubris" isn't panning out like you (prematurely) ejaculated.  I mean predicted.

Your gloating pretty much proves his point.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:04:23 PM

I woke up today to see Bitcoin back up, pushing 700 again

Yeah, I think the bounce will be short lived. It looks way overpriced to me.

BittBurger

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:13:32 PM

Our "collapse of hubris" isn't panning out like you (prematurely) ejaculated.  I mean predicted.

Your statement would make 1 ounce of sense if I we were at 1200 and I was mindlessly bragging about how much money I'd made.

That was his point.

However his claim was that we've already been dashed to the rocks and look like fools.

Therefore, defending the total lack of "being dashed to the rocks" as well as "looking like fools" hardly proves the point *he* was making.

In short:  Correcting mis-perception does not equate to hubris.

The hubris was revans first post.

The responses refuting it, don't qualify as hubris.

T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:13:44 PM

I woke up today to see Bitcoin back up, pushing 700 again

Yeah, I think the bounce will be short lived. It looks way overpriced to me.

Hey nice avatar. I was seriously thinking about starting a "Mr Greedy coin" the other day. It's just the pic I need!  Grin

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 06:17:02 PM

Your statement would make 1 ounce of sense if I we were at 1200 and I was mindlessly bragging about how much money I'd made.

That was his point.

However his claim was that we've already been dashed to the rocks and look like fools.

Therefore, defending the total lack of "being dashed to the rocks" as well as "looking like fools" hardly proves the point *he* was making.

In short:  Correcting mis-perception does not equate to hubris.

The hubris was revans first post.

The responses refuting it, don't qualify as hubris.

Lol you are so smug.
BittBurger

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:20:01 PM

Lol you are so smug.

You have psychological problems comprehending the difference between an instigating troll and an irritated individual trying to show why the hubris of the instigating troll is factually incorrect.

The responder is allowed a bit of attitude, as they are responding to nonsense.

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:20:38 PM

ElectricMucus wins.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 06:22:02 PM

Embarrassed
BittBurger

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:24:10 PM

ElectricMucus wins.

How does he win?  Im not being arrogant nor smug.  Therefore he has "won" nothing.

Im telling revans that his insults must make him feel stupid, as we have gone up in price.

That isn't smug nor hubris.

ElecricMucous has a dark yellow highlight on his ignore.

I believe this is evidence  he has "lost" many ... many times in the past.  And now again.

BittBurger

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:33:49 PM

The simple fact is that "revans" started a thread based on the exchange rate .... yet I need to com up with a "better" way to refute his claim?

I could do better.  Believe me.  But this is "revans" ... the biggest troll on the site.

He doesn't respond to logic, arguments, or facts.

He posts inflammatory bullshit, based on temporary dips in exchange rates.

I made the executive decision to meet him on his level and respond to him as he came at us.

Of course I could do better.  Of course it had attitude.  But you are tossing Pearls to Swine when you try to write something intelligent to a dumb person..

You should know that by now.  

As the price continues to climb, on the aggregate, his first post will continue to be proven wrong.  That's all we've got for a fellow like him, who pops up when the price dips.

Based on his past posts, I don't believe he's capable of learning in other terms.

ElectricMucus you still have my favorite username.  :-P

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:42:10 PM

Everyone is now arguing with one another. Exactly what Revans wants.
I think that makes Revans the winner.

I know it's tough, but the only way to win is to ignore him.

MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:43:27 PM

One-liners are key, here.
BittBurger

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 06:44:17 PM

One-liners are key, here.
One liners are for the truly smug.
(did i do it right?)

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 02:54:29 AM

Bump.

The cultists can not allow knowledge of their delusion become publicly accepted, this is why they zealously attack anybody pointing that out.

freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:19:31 AM

Lol you are so smug.

You have psychological problems comprehending the difference between an instigating troll and an irritated individual trying to show why the hubris of the instigating troll is factually incorrect.

The responder is allowed a bit of attitude, as they are responding to nonsense.

ElectricMucus wins.

How does he win?  Im not being arrogant nor smug.  Therefore he has "won" nothing.

Im telling revans that his insults must make him feel stupid, as we have gone up in price.

That isn't smug nor hubris.

ElecricMucous has a dark yellow highlight on his ignore.

I believe this is evidence  he has "lost" many ... many times in the past.  And now again.

revans (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:00:50 AM

The simple fact is that "revans" started a thread based on the exchange rate .... yet I need to com up with a "better" way to refute his claim?

I could do better.  Believe me.  But this is "revans" ... the biggest troll on the site.

He doesn't respond to logic, arguments, or facts.

He posts inflammatory bullshit, based on temporary dips in exchange rates.

I made the executive decision to meet him on his level and respond to him as he came at us.

Of course I could do better.  Of course it had attitude.  But you are tossing Pearls to Swine when you try to write something intelligent to a dumb person..

You should know that by now.  

As the price continues to climb, on the aggregate, his first post will continue to be proven wrong.  That's all we've got for a fellow like him, who pops up when the price dips.

Based on his past posts, I don't believe he's capable of learning in other terms.

ElectricMucus you still have my favorite username.  :-P

'Executive decision'

LOL, even the nomenclature of the arch Bitcoin rampers is cargo cultish.
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512

@theshmadz

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:30:58 AM

I don't usually read revans' threads, but when I do, I'm prefer to find a diamond in the rough.

I'm not sure hoping that speculators lose everything is a particularly kind world view.  It's rather destructive to the soul.

Totally destructive to the soul. I don't want bitcoin to succeed because I want to be rich, I want bitcoin to succeed so everyone can be rich.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
dani

Activity: 525

..yeah

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:48:06 AM

OP sold at $380, now he is mad. *oink oink* piff paff wing wang..

Hai
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 11:50:14 AM

I don't usually read revans' threads, but when I do, I'm prefer to find a diamond in the rough.

I'm not sure hoping that speculators lose everything is a particularly kind world view.  It's rather destructive to the soul.

Totally destructive to the soul. I don't want bitcoin to succeed because I want to be rich, I want bitcoin to succeed so everyone can be rich.

a) the success of Bitcoin has nothing to do with people becoming rich.
b) everyone in that means everyone into the get rich quick cult.
c) the only people who actually got rich out of hoarding Bitcoins are those who already cashed out, there isn't enough money so that everybody can do it, it's a game of musical chairs.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 12:32:47 PM

I bought $50 worth at $1200 to get a "bitcoin accepted here " sign from the US for my market stall on the weekends. #winning

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:47:15 PM

I want bitcoin to succeed so everyone can be rich.

Not sure how that's possible? Tell us more...

shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512

@theshmadz

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:10:13 PM

Point Taken. It's not possible for everyone to be rich. In fact if bitcoin were to succeed and we were to cut out the international banking cartel, those that benefit from the current system that would stand to lose a great deal, but in the long run I think that most people would be richer.

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 10:22:16 PM

Point Taken. It's not possible for everyone to be rich. In fact if bitcoin were to succeed and we were to cut out the international banking cartel, those that benefit from the current system that would stand to lose a great deal, but in the long run I think that most people would be richer.

Those who benefit from the current system will also never support Bitcoin, you've said it yourself.
And that group is larger than you think. Not only in terms of wealth and political influence but also in terms of the number of people.

When it comes down to it only people who attribute themselves to Libertarianism think they don't or can't benefit.
CoinGeneral

The General

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:10:39 AM

He means everyone in Bitcointalk, not everyone as in literally, everyone.

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:33:36 AM

No, this particular troll sold everything (not much) back at $20 when it was "overpriced" and now is just spitting his useless poison around, crying about how the whole world is dumb. You know the type. They don't realize who is actually dumb here, never will.

i am satoshi
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:59:49 AM

Revans = Proudhon 2.0? Lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

accord01

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:24:57 AM

I'm just happy I am not down overall like a lot of people.
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:06:18 PM

Hey, I liked proudhon and never ignored his posts! So no, this one here does not belong to "bears with integrity" club.

i am satoshi
revans (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:17:58 PM

No, this particular troll sold everything (not much) back at $20 when it was "overpriced" and now is just spitting his useless poison around, crying about how the whole world is dumb. You know the type. They don't realize who is actually dumb here, never will.

Evidence?
bitrider

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 25, 2013, 01:53:38 AM

Hey, I liked proudhon and never ignored his posts! So no, this one here does not belong to "bears with integrity" club.

Agreed. Not fair to Proudhon who served us well.

This OP guy is just angry and mean. He is so negative and hostile, I had to smile. Is he for real? And what's he still doing here? Almost a cartoon of a hurt, angry bear.

OP - get well soon.
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 03:46:54 PM

And what's he still doing here? Almost a cartoon of a hurt, angry bear.

He can't stop

i am satoshi
Roccker

Activity: 264
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:46:20 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 01:54:42 AM by Roccker

Anyone still believes it goes under 580 in the next 2 weeks?

The Case for Bitcoin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4882599.msg43979219#msg43979219

[am a noob]
update 2018: not total newb anymore i guess- now turned megalomaniac
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:10:53 AM

a) the success of Bitcoin has nothing to do with people becoming rich.
b) everyone in that means everyone into the get rich quick cult.
c) the only people who actually got rich out of hoarding Bitcoins are those who already cashed out, there isn't enough money so that everybody can do it, it's a game of musical chairs.

Bitcoin is like gold, silver and US dollars in this respect.

Gold is valued at $1200 / oz, but if everyone sold all their gold for fiat dollars, the last ones out wouldn't get anything close to that.  In fact, if everyone sold all their gold (or bitcoins or dollars or euros), who would they sell it to?

Alternatively, if everyone sold all their US dollars for bitcoins, the last ones out (of fiat) wouldn't get very many micro-bitcoins for their dollars either.  

This is a fundamental property of all forms of money.  

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 08:39:31 PM

Cheesy

sold all their US dollars for bitcoins
The inevitable collapse of hubris
Peter R
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:12:21 PM

Cheesy

If you tried to understand what the author of a post was saying before critiquing it, debating with you would be more enjoyable.  

I was pointing out the fact that, (like you said) all the bitcoin owners can't cash out for dollars, the converse is also true: all the dollar owners can't cash out for bitcoin.  This is a fundamental property of money that I believe some people can't wrap their minds around.  My post made no inference to how likely either of these academic scenarios would be.    

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 09:14:35 PM

Cheesy

If you tried to understand what the author of a post was saying before critiquing it, debating with you would be more enjoyable.  

I was pointing out the fact that, (like you said) all the bitcoin owners can't cash out for dollars, the converse is also true: all the dollar owners can't cash out for bitcoin.  This is a fundamental property of money that I believe some people can't wrap their minds around.  My post made no inference to how likely either of these academic scenarios would be.    

I don't like debating you since you are referring to yourself in third person, and the thread is about the collapse of hubris.

What you have done here is posting more hubris, in this thread!!
So you can't complain if I make fun of you. Please continue I'm having a great time. Grin
Peter R
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:19:38 PM

I don't like debating you since you are referring to yourself in third person, and the OP is about the collapse of hubris....Please continue I'm having a great time.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 09:21:27 PM

Yes you are doing a great job proving revans point over and over again.
BittBurger

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 11:59:30 PM

Yes you are doing a great job proving revans point over and over again.

Electric, here, let me help you again:

His point, once again, was people's arrogance about Bitcoin in the setting of a $1200 Bitcoin price.

His point was not about general arrogance, a snooty attitude in a reply, or people expressing irritation about his trolling.

Nobody in this thread has proven his point yet.

You must like revans quite a bit to keep pointing to irrelevant things and calling them "proof of his point", accuracy be damned.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 12:05:48 AM

You are not helping, you are defending/apologizing hubris.

Hubris means extreme pride or arrogance. Hubris often indicates a loss of contact with reality and an overestimation of one's own competence, accomplishments ...
Vagnavs
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:54:20 PM

well, things don't look so bad now.. Just a setback with China. Op just has some issues

Avalanche is a must own
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: