Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:24:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BlackArrow => Scam or not?  (Read 5573 times)
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:14:17 PM

Ack, a Jr. member with 3 activity has told us it's a scam, we all must flee and scream in terror! Oh the horror! THE HORRRRRRORRRR!!!....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:15:58 PM

Don't listen to the Trolls.  Black Arrows FPGAs were sold through CardReaderFactory. So this is not news.
They also have links to Europe, so hosting in Germany is not exactly anything to worry about.
Slander

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:38:26 PM

Don't listen to the Trolls.  Black Arrows FPGAs were sold through CardReaderFactory. So this is not news.
They also have links to Europe, so hosting in Germany is not exactly anything to worry about.

insert clapping emoticon  'clapicon'?
McKinley

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:07:57 PM

hi,

i *wanted* to buy, ordered with payment by bitcoin, then got after ~12 hour an email with the Bitcoin amount to submit the payment to within a 24hour frame. However i got online 25hour after this, so i missed the deadline - since then 9 days have passed and i have no reply from them.

This makes me at least believe that there is a certain risk involved.
Teka

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:33:49 PM

So why are the UK and US numbers the same? Everything about the site and prices does seem a bit off.
rext

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:35:30 PM

Hmm I was about to unload all my bitcoins on them until I saw this thread hahaha. Well they do have one of the best bang for buck asics out there. If you found better ones, do let me know lol.

However, I personally don't think that they're a scam, if you take a look at the 2nd vid posted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9ybLGF1AkY

you can see a one of their staff is inspecting for flaws on the hardware made, and she certainly does look Chinese to me. And them being located at China, that tallies up.

You could order from Butterfly labs, but my goodness, anyone who has ordered stuff from them will know, exactly how longgggggggg we had to wait lol. But the good thing about them is, they eventually deliver, so if blackarrow proves to be a scam, which i doubt so, then I just might have to settle with a monarch card.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:38:00 PM

you can see a one of their staff is inspecting for flaws on the hardware made, and she certainly does look Chinese to me. And them being located at China, that tallies up.

10/10 investigation work

The only reason I decided to give them a chance is because they (according to others) have delivered and even on time.
Teka

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:07:34 PM

10/10 investigation work

The only reason I decided to give them a chance is because they (according to others) have delivered and even on time.

Yeah I wouldn't decide if a company is a scam or not based on a video made by the company in question. You never know they could be faking it. Also, there pricing does seem a little bit low which makes me wonder if this qualifies as a "too good to be true deal". They have proven track record of delivering somebody else items but to my knowledge they have never made an asic completely from scratch. I guess that all we can do right now is gather more evidence and wait for testing, prototypes etc
gamersglory

Activity: 114

No more Crypto in this world

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:09:26 PM

Black Arrow is based in china and do all there assembly there in there own plant. Thay are legit as we the WPC have done face to face business with them. We should be receiving there Minion chips soon.  For our Minion Wasp Prototype  
RomertL

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:21:40 PM

Want to buy the x-3. Lot's of cash to loose, even though I don't think they're a scam I which there was a way to find out for sure.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

TehoM

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:23:40 PM

Want to buy the x-3. Lot's of cash to loose, even though I don't think they're a scam I which there was a way to find out for sure.

That is some really poor English.
You can always wait it out and see if they're legit or not?
Teka

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:26:50 PM

Always remember to only invest what you can afford to lose.
elchorizo

Activity: 236

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:42:26 PM

Black Arrow Software used to sell their equipment through the Card Reader Factory website. So the two companies were (and probably still are) essentially the same company.

I've purchased about 10 FPGA units from them in the past (as have many others) and everything was very smooth. I had a unit that eventually broke and they wanted me to send it back for a replacement. I never did because by that time the FPGA's were essentially useless for Bitcoin but they at least offered which is more then most companies now a days.

The new box may not be a reality ever, but at least based on their track history they are a legitimate company and not just scammers.

BTC: 1Chorizo6WNabZxVfQyGtvF4JiRt7Hexxb
LTC: Lchorizoy8ck7Arbby8LDnw5wAmi8h6Hzb
RomertL

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:03:35 PM

Always remember to only invest what you can afford to lose.

True, but also: never support scammers. I actually plan to go to China in a couple of month maybe I'll can visit them.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

bittymymitty

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 11:26:03 PM

They also accept wire transfers for payment which makes them seem more legit.  Most scammers tend to only accept BTC since it's easier to disappear with the cash.  BA also allows customers to wire funds to their HSBC bank account in China.  There's still the possibility of them disappearing or going bankrupt, but having that bank account makes them more trackable.
slicko

Activity: 70

jersey 4 life !!!

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 12:46:00 AM

from my experience on just-in-time delivered fpga´s (17x) back in may,  can say: they re legit and no scam !!! ofcourse, an asic rig with 2,5 TH is more difficult to be (developed&) built than a fpga unit with 398 MH, but also i know blackarrow is a skilled engineer and hes not alone to do the whole work. i strongly believe they can make it, even in time ... ordered 2 x-3´s from 1st batch and have absolutely no doubts about not getting them and get skinned.

this thread was absolutely not needed ! cheers
elchorizo

Activity: 236

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:33:20 AM

from my experience on just-in-time delivered fpga´s (17x) back in may,  can say: they re legit and no scam !!! ofcourse, an asic rig with 2,5 TH is more difficult to be (developed&) built than a fpga unit with 398 MH, but also i know blackarrow is a skilled engineer and hes not alone to do the whole work. i strongly believe they can make it, even in time ... ordered 2 x-3´s from 1st batch and have absolutely no doubts about not getting them and get skinned.

this thread was absolutely not needed ! cheers

Agreed. Its always a risk of some sort, even a KNC order at this point but I put my money where my mouth is and I also have an X3 (first batch) on order.

BTC: 1Chorizo6WNabZxVfQyGtvF4JiRt7Hexxb
LTC: Lchorizoy8ck7Arbby8LDnw5wAmi8h6Hzb
jimmothy

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:44:18 AM

The way I see it is you can either pre-order and maybe get a really good deal or maybe a shitty deal with a ton of delays, or you can buy someones asic in hand for 3 times what they paid for it (also they probably used it to mine and the first week or two is the most profitable for any asic.

Risk vs reward.
melmo

Activity: 213

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:25:35 PM

The guys from BlackArrow and CardReaderFactory are probably not scammers, but I question their ethics, as CardReaderFactory sells the "world's smallest bluetooth magnetic stripe readers" - have a look at product MSRv008.  I'm not sure why else someone would drop $2000 on this device other than to build an ATM skimming device.

They may not be scammers, but they like to sell parts to the scammers  Smiley
jimmothy

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 10:27:25 PM

The guys from BlackArrow and CardReaderFactory are probably not scammers, but I question their ethics, as CardReaderFactory sells the "world's smallest bluetooth magnetic stripe readers" - have a look at product MSRv008.  I'm not sure why else someone would drop $2000 on this device other than to build an ATM skimming device.

They may not be scammers, but they like to sell parts to the scammers  Smiley

Interesting. Is it possible that it could be used
 for some sort of mobile card reader?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: