Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:03:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Book that EVERYONE is talking about..Is Satoshi Nakamoto behind this too?  (Read 3505 times)
LiZn2 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 04:48:33 AM

Discussions are running high.  Is Paco Ahlgren really Satoshi Nakamoto or vice versa?  This book could be the missing link to the mystery or it could further increase the confusion.  Either way, there's definitely something to be said about it.  I read it. I'm even more confused.  The ending blew my mind. Unreal.  NO WAY did this guy predict all of this. No way. Help me decide because I'm beginning to feel delusional...

http://www.amazon.com/Discipline-Novel-Paco-Ahlgren/dp/0979084202
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 05:07:18 AM

So you think that Satoshi Nakamoto is not only a cryptologyst/programmer, but also writes novels?  Roll Eyes
LiZn2 (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 05:18:59 AM

So you think that Satoshi Nakamoto is not only a cryptologyst/programmer, but also writes novels?  Roll Eyes

Why WOULDN'T a cryptologist/programmer write a novel?   It's not just a book.  As mysterious as Nakamoto is, this only makes perfect sense. Go ahead and check out the link below.  Obviously, I'm not the only one...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=35465.0
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 08:48:13 AM

Why WOULDN'T a cryptologist/programmer write a novel?   It's not just a book.  As mysterious as Nakamoto is, this only makes perfect sense. Go ahead and check out the link below.  Obviously, I'm not the only one...

Starting with the assumption that this book did inspire bitcoin, and the assumption that one person wrote that book then there are two possible authors of bitcoin:
The author of that book, one single man.
Any of the many thousands of people read that book. Some of those readers will be professional programmers.

By balance of probabilities the author of that book isn't Satoshi.

Going around telling everyone that Paco is Satoshi is really going to mess up Paco's life regardless of him being or not being Satoshi. It seems a bit sick to witch hunt the person who gave us all a gift like bitcoin. If he wanted us to know who he was he would have told us. As he didn't maybe we should all just respect that.
TBN7

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 12:34:21 PM

Starting with the assumption that this book did inspire bitcoin, and the assumption that one person wrote that book then there are two possible authors of bitcoin:
The author of that book, one single man.
Any of the many thousands of people read that book. Some of those readers will be professional programmers.

By balance of probabilities the author of that book isn't Satoshi.

Going around telling everyone that Paco is Satoshi is really going to mess up Paco's life regardless of him being or not being Satoshi. It seems a bit sick to witch hunt the person who gave us all a gift like bitcoin. If he wanted us to know who he was he would have told us. As he didn't maybe we should all just respect that.

Have you actually read this book?
sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 01:10:12 PM

Have you actually read this book?

No. I was going to order it.

I have only managed to find hardback and kindle versions so far and I don't have a kindle, nor do I want one following that 1984 book-revoking incident.

coretechs
Donator

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2011, 02:40:51 PM

Thanks for the link, I'm going to read it.  I find it fascinating that the origins of bitcoin are shrouded in mystery.  Smiley

https://bitcoindoc.com - The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin | https://blocktap.io - Lightning powered crypto query engine
rohitrp

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 10:18:02 AM

I just finished reading Discipline by Paco Ahlgren. It s a great book on many levels, and very relevant to what is going on in the world today.
LiZn2 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 12:56:48 PM

I just finished reading Discipline by Paco Ahlgren. It s a great book on many levels, and very relevant to what is going on in the

So do you think he has any connections to botcoin or Satoshi Nakamoto? I find it hard to believe that he doesn't after reading his book. Coincidence?
SawDEE@6

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 04:44:24 AM

I have recently heard that he's in hiding in Texas. No joke.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2012, 06:22:52 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2012, 06:50:26 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Paco is into Taoism, while Satoshi was into Karma. Big difference!

Seriously, this Paco guy is something else.

Project manager to team of 8 commodities traders and 3 developers/programmers.
Macro-economic advisor to the CEO.
Managed futures and derivatives portfolios while devising and executing statistics-based derivatives trading strategies using web and local systems.
Implemented firm-wide trading analysis software.
Helped maintain client database (SAP R/3).
Managed the needs of hundreds of clients.
Installed privacy and security protocols.
VPS VPN SSH tunneling Encryption Hashing Salting
Launched and managed internal/external P2P and centralized RAID system servers:
Unix Linux Ubuntu Command Line Red Hat
Increased client satisfaction and interactivity by creating propriety web-based privately accessible accounts.
Saved firm millions of dollars by leading team projects to implement new trading and database management technologies -- significantly improving commodity analysis and forecasting.

http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/530678-minorman/214527-paul-krugman-s-take-on-bitcoin  ...   vs   ....

Seeking Alpha Financial Website    Austin, TX     12/2008 to 09/2011

Contributor
Seeking Alpha is a global syndicated financial / economic news provider with an estimated readership of 4 million (Google Analytics).
Responsibilities and Achievements:
Contributed content from proprietary CMS-driven websites.
Intimately researched macro and micro economic and financial conditions.
Used proprietary SQL queries to pull currency, commodity, equity, and debt instrument data to determine direction of interest rates and inflationary pressures.
Constructed Excel routines and custom functions to predict market and economic trends.

And now the WTF moment:

http://www.pacoahlgren.com/resume/paco_ahlgren_resume.php
E-commerce
Magento
Zen Cart
PayPal
Google Checkout
BitCoin

http://www.pacoahlgren.com/pacoahlgren/?s=bitcoin
eleven

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 04:58:44 PM

We would know if it was someone in crypto..  The book would be in code!!!
SawDEE@6

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 02:48:41 AM

i hear paco ahlgren started anonymous.
drakahn

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 03:26:14 AM

Quote from: @PacoAhlgren · 39 weeks ago
I'm sure Satoshi Nakamoto is far more interesting (and intelligent) than I am.

Plus, I'm only seventeen-nineteenths Japanese.

http://www.pacoahlgren.com/pacoahlgren/bitcoin-cannot-fail/

On another note, since my last article about BitCoin, there has been a tremendous amount of speculation on the Internet about my connection to its founder: Satoshi Nakamura. I want to take this moment to explicitly say that I have absolutely no connection to BitCoin — other than my curious fascination with its implications. It’s true that my book did predict something like BitCoin — years before it existed. But that connection is purely coincidental; I’m simply not intelligent enough to have come up with the real thing.

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2012, 01:22:43 PM

I'm reading it now. Fascinating! First physical book I've read in a long time.

~Bruno~
Danijel Habek

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2012, 09:44:07 PM

Is there anyone who could sell me "Discipline" after you've read it? Or if there's a good soul to buy/ship it for me from Amazon? Drop me a PM with your price in BTC, and I'll give you my shipping address.
Thanks.

Quote from: TraderTimm
For me, bitcoin is freedom that I never thought I'd see in my lifetime.
fsk141

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 02:08:38 AM

Haha; it's a wonderful assumption that a crypto expert is also good with linguistics. It's not out of the question for a crypto expert to also be a novelist; just highly unlikely.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2012, 03:48:45 AM

Is there anyone who could sell me "Discipline" after you've read it? Or if there's a good soul to buy/ship it for me from Amazon? Drop me a PM with your price in BTC, and I'll give you my shipping address.
Thanks.

I will never sell my copy. But I will give it to you free, and you'll only have to pay me the shipping cost in BTC. But you have to promise to pass it on to the next person who wants it at the same exact cost. Free + shipping in BTC.

~Bruno~
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 04:53:26 AM

Discussions are running high.  Is Paco Ahlgren really Satoshi Nakamoto or vice versa?  This book could be the missing link to the mystery or it could further increase the confusion.  Either way, there's definitely something to be said about it.  I read it. I'm even more confused.  The ending blew my mind. Unreal.  NO WAY did this guy predict all of this. No way. Help me decide because I'm beginning to feel delusional...

http://www.amazon.com/Discipline-Novel-Paco-Ahlgren/dp/0979084202

This is one of those moments to use amazon's handy dandy affiliate marketing program.
bitvientiane

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 19, 2012, 06:05:48 AM

It could be, but on the other hand it might not be.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: