Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:07:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can blockchain change the way we vote?  (Read 393 times)
rvlrshr (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:00:36 AM

Well, first of all I'm very curious if there's already a solution on improving the voting system so it won't be easily cheated.  Undecided

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:46:24 AM

The biggest problem that blockchain solves is the problem of trust!

A voting system based on blockchain can provide better transparency and security.

Using block chain technology to vote can ensure that the authenticity of voting can protect voters' privacy!

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
swaggerkeme

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:23:01 AM

Blockchain technology is here to solve problems facing humanity and society.To improve the voting system, blockchain technology can surely be used.
BigBossWithNoMoney

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:08:01 AM

Blockchain technology is here to solve problems facing humanity and society.To improve the voting system, blockchain technology can surely be used.

I believe it will take at least 10 years more to get blockchain fully integrated into the society.
astoria

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 02:43:01 PM

Well, first of all I'm very curious if there's already a solution on improving the voting system so it won't be easily cheated.  Undecided

There are some issues need to be solved:
  • System's user can have only one «account» (or «wallet») to vote. Nobody can vote twice.
  • Nobody can't see your vote. To be clear, everyone can see it, but didn't know that it is YOU.

As I know, first issue is hard to implement, without making second one... But it is temporary problem =)
IndigoRed

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:47:30 AM

Definitely. Blockchain can ensure more accurate databases. And it can probably support remote voting too, allowing more people to vote. This technology will allow us and the voting process to take place without much physical interaction. It can be entirely virtual. I think this says a lot about how highly digital (and less prone to human errors) our future will be.
MrPresidentIM

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:54:41 PM

I guess, it can.
Never thought about using blockchain in voting...
Thanks for this interesting question!
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:07:08 PM

Yep, we can see results that won't vary and there's no way for someone to modify the votes that has been cast.  Smiley

Never thought about using blockchain in voting...
It will make elections fair.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/blockchain-for-elections-advantages-cases-challenges

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Adecrypt83
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:54:55 PM

This can be solved easily with blockchain, I hope all government  in the world embrace this technology.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:40:07 AM

NO because even if you win someone else will decide you didn't win..
I want to put cheese on the blockchain   arr well      I like chalk and as I built the thing I have the final say   NO but I won   no but you thought you did ..
varun1022

Activity: 27
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:45:42 AM

i would say that would be the real democracy when you have a voting system based on blockchain, as it assures you can only vote once and its secrecy is maintained.
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:46:06 AM

Bitcoin whale makes ‘enormous’ losing bet, so now other traders have to foot the bill
A trader on Hong Kong-based exchange OKEx made “an unusually large long position order" worth about $416 million and was unable to cover the loss as bitcoin prices slumped last week.
Because the exchange's insurance fund couldn't cover it, other customers will have a portion of their earnings used to pay the bill.
The event shines a light on risks of trading cryptocurrency, even on the world’s biggest exchanges.

The gamble made on OKEx, one of the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges, was worth about $416 million, according to a company statement and the price of bitcoin futures Friday.
Because of the sheer size of the order and bitcoin's price slump the exchange said it couldn't cover the loss. As a result, it implemented a clawback policy or what it called a "societal risk management mechanism." Users with a net profit will have a portion of their earnings taken back to cover the difference between the liquidated price and the settled price.

The trader, identified only as "ID 2051247," initiated what the exchange called "an unusually large long position order" of more than 4 million contracts on July 31. The exchange said it immediately contacted the client and requested "several times to partially close the positions to reduce the overall market risks."
"However, the client refused to cooperate, which lead to our decision of freezing the client's account to prevent further positions increasing," OKEx said on its website. "Shortly after this preemptive action, unfortunately, the BTC price tumbled, causing the liquidation of the account."

And many think BITCOIN can become a currency    NO CHANCE ..To much up and down   NOW imagine there wasn't that much up and down would people then lose
interest because of not much action ?  BITCOIN good for some bad for others  BUT never will it become a currency  not ever  not enough plus some have so many
that the spread is not fair and would destroy the system  ..
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:48:13 AM

i would say that would be the real democracy when you have a voting system based on blockchain, as it assures you can only vote once and its secrecy is maintained.
How does it work this blockchain of yours  as in the voting   how will it work ..
Not saying it cannot be done but how will it be done.?
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:50:47 AM

Just look at BITCOIN as an ASSET < nothing else I can see but an asset ..
MrPresidentIM

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:44:34 AM

I guess it should promote transparency and responsibility for everyone and, probably, result in better living conditions through better management.
Tornadocrazy

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:43:09 PM

Blockchain implemented into the voting technology could eliminate voter fraud and boost turnout. It will make it more convenient for citizens to vote while abroad, irrespective of the distance and time. It is also a beneficial tool for the election commission to maintain transparency in the electoral process, minimize the cost of conducting elections, streamline the process of counting votes and ensure that all votes are counted.

I agree. Just wanted to add that no other third party can interfere...
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:28:20 AM

Since blockchain technology is decentralized it is very possible that we can used it to solve the problems of voting and our electioneering system.  We are having Alot of issues with the system we are having now and we are not to be able to stop the manipulations.
Troubleshoot

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:06:11 AM

I believe it can, it should, and it must. I'm looking forward to it. I don't think it'll change our human nature, but, at least, I hope it will change the level of trust, which is also very important.
Bitchef2112

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:10:45 AM

That'd need to integrate with an ID system, that said, it's possible and it should be implemented someday
Vice2vice

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:43:10 AM

Based on my knowledge, it should change it dramatically, unless human factor ruins it all... Wink
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: