Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:28:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is wallet security important to use?  (Read 28203 times)
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:01:24 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2018, 08:19:29 AM by vintages

Like I use to tell most cryptocurrency investors that cryptos wallet and exchanges will not give you the security that you need but you alone have to determine the security of your wallet. There are tested majors and steps which you need to take to ensure your wallet is safe. Things like keeping your private keys safe, avoid downloading malwares that could led to attacks of hacking on your wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lajigly

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:07:34 AM

Don't use your private key to import anything anyway, anywhere. You can use other methods, but do not expose the private key.
ohkkstaaahp

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:35:50 AM

This is absolutely important, if you do not secure your wallet you will safely lose your account and lose your money. So be alert to the wallet.

CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:14:55 AM

The importance of security wallet is highly important in order to avoid any future problem that happens. Many such complains that problems arise because lack of security, so to avoid any problems that sometimes hackers can easily attack,  just put a strong security password and avoid any strangers identifies your private information.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 805

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 09:42:06 AM

Its important at all since you store your money there and if you neglect to put a excellent supporting defense like 2fa or any other more then you will be sorry at the time you will be hack by an unexpected intruders so by try to reach for any possible counter action so that you can sleep with ease with your money stored and also better choose those wallet which had good reputation and which been mainly used by the other crypto currency users.

JerryJam

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:18:36 AM

But now, indeed, the cases of hacking of e-wallets. In many cases this is facilitated by the owners themselves, the owners of the email accounts in payment system Yandex, WebMoney, etc do Not recommend to store your password on file or computer. It is desirable to remember it or store it in paper archives in an inaccessible place.A reliable way to protect it is to switch to one-time passwords.By activating this service, no one except you will be able to perform transactions on accounts.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
anhhung409

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:38:09 AM

I think the security of my wallet is very important and necessary. Because it seems all the possessions you have are in it. It can be stolen if you reveal your wallet or access an unknown link. Besides, we can completely save them on standalone hard drives, it is quite safe and convenient.

kive2k

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:51:52 AM

The wallet needs to be used extremely cautiously and in no case nobody to give your key, there have been many cases of hacking wallets. Be careful!
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:50:48 PM

I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.

Of course this is a very important element. Security in this money technology where we can not get a refund after any theft is the first thing to pay attention to. We should use cryptocurrency, taking a lot of security precautions, especially if we think that nowadays there are big problems like account thefts. We only need to activate important security measures like 2FA, which is more than just a strong password.
ylnar123

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:33:32 PM

this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Of course, security should be the top priority in this kind of trend. Our wallet holds the amount we have invested and profit we gained so frequent checking on our wallet is a must to do.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Zeque02

Activity: 490

Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:57:29 PM

Yes of course, security of wallet is very important because it is where you put your money so everything such as transactions of payments will be get and putted in there. But I think as of now I don't heard any feedback about losing their money using bitcoin wallet as long they will not forget their password. Hope that it will stay secured as years goes by.

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀     |  Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |     ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
didik12

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:03:26 PM

Yes, because nowadays a lot of hackers scammers we need a protection of our wallet. If we have security in our wallet we feel safe that our wallet are secured enough. Wallet is a storage of our money thats why we need a security.

InvestICO2L

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:57:40 AM

Always be vigilant and alert, I've been in crypto for about 6 years, and the only time I've lost crypto was through btc-e though that was out of hands. Some people can really be lax protecting their private key, forgetting that, that is all a person needs and your funds are gone! Definitley read up on latest sec and encryption news to learn how best to protect yourself.
Exactly. When you are in crypto market, you have to put security and vigilance on top priority in every activity or asset. Yep, Security of a wallet plays a very important role. Truly, it’s completely not easy for anyone of us to protect our wallet. Especially, when we use an online wallet, we have to extremely cautious because it goes without saying that anything which is connected with internet always bring us a partial risk. Some hackers probably keep an eyes on our wallet and steal it whenever they want. I’m mostly prone to use wallet that does not need internet connection because it’s partly much safer. Most importantly, we should keep learning to have an intimate knowledge which can help us to protect ours better.
startselect

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:00:33 AM

What I do is put it into a 7-zip with password, and save it in multiple different places, including the cloud. And not have it my daily computer.
Maddinson100

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:51:22 AM

I think the security of my wallet is very important and necessary. Because it seems all the possessions you have are in it. It can be stolen if you reveal your wallet or access an unknown link. Besides, we can completely save them on standalone hard drives, it is quite safe and convenient.
For bitcoin inventors and users, their wallet is everything because if their wallet is lost then everything is gone. I think one shouldn’t give his/her wallet password key to anyone except one of the family member if necessary. I think digital money or bitcoin is good if the wallet is good because no one can afford to lose all his money. The security of wallet is everything; it must be secured tightly at any coast and any time.
hacker1001101001

Activity: 1288
Merit: 415

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:23:19 AM

Just keeping your private keys safe can keep you away from losing your Bitcoin even if the device is broke or lost. You can save your keys at some cloud storage or other online secure storage so that you can access it anytime or from any device.
Kiddy0831

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:37:51 AM

You can store your cryptocurrency coins on a cold wallet or on a paper wallet, so you will protect yourself 100%. These are the most reliable ways to store cryptocurrency today.

May I ask what wallet specifically? Is it like myetherwallet?
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:58:36 AM

Hackers are gifted for illegal doings so never underestimate their capacity,meaning even how secured our wallets but we are not taking good care of ours we may become a victim still ,what we need. Stop entering sites that not on our best interest
kolbalish

Activity: 627
Merit: 14

Crypto Article Sharer!!!

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:18:16 AM

For holding Btc,I suggest everyone to create a blockchain wallet.May be blockchain wallet is better than all other wallet.Though we feel prefer to use coinbase wallet.

Eleven86

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:34:30 AM

Yes wallet security is very important to store the coins. You have to be very careful while choosing the wallets,  the main thing for bitcoin holdrrs is their wallet only. If the wallet has been hacked everything will be lost. Always backup is very important, keep the private keys very safe. If the wallet lost we loose our money also. Dont share or give your private key to anyone. Hackers will easily take the money from your wallet.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: