Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:35:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is wallet security important to use?  (Read 28203 times)
OnceTwiceThird

Activity: 606
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 02:19:21 PM

Most important use security wallet for all of your exchange account, I use more than seven exchange market account and almost of my exchange use security wallet because I don't all of my asset will stole by other.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 04:25:58 PM

Of course it is important! If you choose a wallet that doesn't have good security, there is a high chance that you can lose your tokens if you do not consider the security of the wallet. Always find a wallet that have security to protect your tokens.
right, it's useless if we have a lot of assets, but our wallet is not safe, what we get is disappointment because our assets are stolen. therefore for the first time we need to pay attention to our wallets, so that no assets are collected by hard work. Then it is important to add additional security to our wallet.
always make back our private key or another key in several places could make it more secure.if we have much asset in our wallet we have to understand how too keep it well.
yes you are right and making the private key more secured place is always important so I recommend using a separate hard disk for storing your private is only India good place and it will be also be secured for long period of time.
rosepetals

Activity: 650
Merit: 100

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:18:28 PM

I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.
Yes it is very important to secure our wallets.These needs proper storage.I store mine in a hard copy and in a USB device inorder that I have back ups aside from my phone.

babarian

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:26:36 PM

of course this is very important an online wallet is possible to be hacked from anywhere and at any time, therefore for the security of assets that we have, we must use additional security for our wallet.
UNOE

Activity: 791
Merit: 271

This is personal

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:05:54 PM

For all beginners here is tutorial and thread for improving your wallet security. Importing Vs Sweeping Private Keys; What you need to know.
Security of your cryptos is one of the most important things to have in mind, so be safe.

Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:09:17 PM

This is very important because I myself have had a problem with my wallet experiencing hacking. and I now use paid wallets so that my assets are secured to get a sense of security

Just purchase a hardware wallet. I thought that it was dump to buy one as I thought that it will never give me more security or value than the other web wallets or software wallets.

It ended up that I was the dump of not buying for a long time. Now I have stored my cryptocurrencies in the ledger and I feel safe about them everytime I log in to it.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 05:44:21 PM

of course this is very important an online wallet is possible to be hacked from anywhere and at any time, therefore for the security of assets that we have, we must use additional security for our wallet.
Having bitcoin is not miner thing mate, if you have allot of bitcoin in your account anyone can hack it to get your profit, so it is your responsibility to keep it safe from all hackers, in old days people always keep on checking their bitcoin and remain worry about their coin but now it is not big deal simply use blockchain as wallet and don’t share your private key to strangers it will help you stay safe from hackers.
cryptjh

Activity: 532
Merit: 185

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 08:54:53 PM

If you hold for a few hundreds of dollars or more of crypto then buy a hardware wallet. And store the bigger coins like Bitcoins on your hardware wallet. Hardware wallet are the saves place you can hold crypto. Keep your password a safe place. Be your own bank. But don't be paranoid, you can hold a few procent of your portfolie on bigger exchanges so you can trade, when you want to.
AimHigh

Activity: 554

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 10:46:05 PM

Havkers is always their to get your coins because they are greedy on money so that we need to secure our coins by using some security or a wallet that never been hacked just like the offline wallet or the hardware wallet because this is not connected to the website and this have a many security as far as i know because my friend have this kind of hardware  wallet.
Douglasyukanov
Copper Member

Activity: 346

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 12:15:21 AM

Digital wallet security is highly prioritized and hardware is very possible to use to maintain crypto assets, so don't think of a wallet for digital asset security, many crypto companies sell hardware wallets online at a variety and affordable prices for cryptocurrency.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 12:31:44 AM

If you hold for a few hundreds of dollars or more of crypto then buy a hardware wallet. And store the bigger coins like Bitcoins on your hardware wallet. Hardware wallet are the saves place you can hold crypto. Keep your password a safe place. Be your own bank. But don't be paranoid, you can hold a few procent of your portfolie on bigger exchanges so you can trade, when you want to.
Having a hot wallet for day trading is good idea, but for a few hundred dollars it is not necessary to buy hardware wallet. As a suggestion, there are other options like paper wallet for storing cryptocurrencies.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 03:50:11 AM

Having a hot wallet for day trading is good idea, but for a few hundred dollars it is not necessary to buy hardware wallet. As a suggestion, there are other options like paper wallet for storing cryptocurrencies.

Strong in wallets is always very good option but we need to allow them to secure them by taking all steps of security. So we have to store our coins in different wallets by securing them by taking all measure of security which it will surely avoid the people to hack our wallets.

fauzan Ichsan

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 04:07:38 AM

Strong in wallets is always very good option but we need to allow them to secure them by taking all steps of security. So we have to store our coins in different wallets by securing them by taking all measure of security which it will surely avoid the people to hack our wallets.
how safe our wallet is, of course, do not put assets in one wallet, because a large exchange with a high level of security can be cracked. therefore by storing it in several wallets it certainly provides more security, besides what you have already explained

iged_war

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 07:32:55 AM

how safe our wallet is, of course, do not put assets in one wallet, because a large exchange with a high level of security can be cracked. therefore by storing it in several wallets it certainly provides more security, besides what you have already explained
saving our asset in several wallet could be solution for us.maybe we could save it in online or offline wallet.but i think save our asset in offline wallet more secure but we have to store this key in save place and must not forget its place.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
incomefromcoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 02:41:13 PM

it is very important to secure our wallet through google authenticator with step 2 verification our wallet is secured from hackers
kattokassinen

Activity: 169

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 02:47:49 PM

Continuously be cautious and alarm. the main time I've lost crypto was through bitcoin however that was out of hands. A few people can truly be careless securing their private key overlooking that that is every one of the an individual needs and your assets are no more. Definitley read up on most recent sec and encryption news to figure out how best to secure yourself.
Loopper

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 03:04:15 PM

it is very important to secure our wallet through google authenticator with step 2 verification our wallet is secured from hackers

In this way, there are still many people who can do it if they can access it from the number or cell phone that you registered. There are many ways that hacker takes something valuable from you.
Anies_Sandi

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 03:22:04 PM

In this way, there are still many people who can do it if they can access it from the number or cell phone that you registered. There are many ways that hacker takes something valuable from you.
That's right and I also use the Google Authenticator for the security of my wallet because it's very important, because now there are lots of hackers in the crypto world
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 04:49:49 PM

saving our asset in several wallet could be solution for us.maybe we could save it in online or offline wallet.but i think save our asset in offline wallet more secure but we have to store this key in save place and must not forget its place.

The most safe way is to use the hardware wallet to store our coins. If we store them in hardware wallet they can never be hacked. Even if the hard ware wallet is stolen or lost, our coins will remain safe as long as the private key of the hardware wallet is not compromised.
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:37:32 AM

Wallet security is very important. There are many types of wallet like hardware and just a normal wallet. Hardware wallet is more secured than  many of the wallets around blockchain. Using 2-FA can also help for the security of the wallets. Mobile wallets can be hacked/broken if we are not seeking for the safety of our wallets.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: